CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

Betts is something else so far this season.

He definitely is. However, at least 4 of his sacks have been coverage sacks imo. That's not to diminish anything, just that he is getting to the QB after his first read and if not for stalwart coverage he may not have these sack totals. Beating your man and staying with it is still quite an accomplishment though considering one of those guys was the GOAT.

13 minutes ago, bearpants said:

not sure if this was mentioned anywhere... I guess the good news being that Tor won't be taking a run at our coach anytime soon. 

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/toronto-argonauts-sign-head-coach-ryan-dinwiddie-to-multi-year-extension-1.1983248

our coach wont be going anywhere anyway...his life is here now...has a contract thru 2025 and I am sure even tho he wont admit it...but becoming the all-time wins leader as a coach here in the history of the club is something he would love to become, and I see him as the kind of coach who is loyal to team and organization and wants to finish his career as a one team  HC 

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

I think he waits around for months trying to hitch onto an NFL camp.

OH Hell no...he's ancient as an NFL guy now...and had multiple shots before....he's coming back to Canada

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

OH Hell no...he's ancient as an NFL guy now...and had multiple shots before....he's coming back to Canada

I know he won't successfully get to one, but that has been his stated intention since he left. 

Retirement is also an option. I don't think it's a guarantee he comes back to Canada and if he does, I don't think it's imminent. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

I don't follow the NFL but I'm thinking they are not going to put a 35 year old Journey man QB on their practice roster who probably has a very small chance of ever being a #1 or 2 QB in their league. 

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

He goes to Ottawa.

u would think...But I also think Dickey In CGY has realized he made a mistake...and is not too happy with his offence from quotes recently....any even average QB and they prob have 3 wins this yr...and he knows it....his arse is on the line this yr right exposed

43 minutes ago, Booch said:

Soooo....MBT has been released....where do u think we see him...Ottawa or CGY??

Ohh Calgary. That’s a hell of a spot for him to land. That’s best for the league. I think Hamilton might go for broke with a run at him too. 

9 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

MBT had to released in order to talk to CFL teams... not a slam dunk that he comes back but he'd be stupid to not listen at least.

Probably thinks he will get an nfl deal now lol. 

23 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

His ancestors spoke to him in the spirit world and told him so!

I see at best a none guaranteed camp invite, a clip board, and more coffee cups in his hands than footballs. Then cut before preseason for no money. 
 seriously though I might eat my hat if he got into an nfl camp. Guys that age don’t make the jump especially off mediocre usfl seasons. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

https://twitter.com/CFL_News/status/1679197001601413120?t=_ggbSFVRI3ipUV7sYDQBZA&s=19

For what it's worth, Henoc says he talked to him and MBT not going to Ottawa.

17 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Henoc said on a Podcast that he spoke to MBT this morning and he is not coming to Ottawa. 

I believe there was podcast confirmation that MBT was in fact not making his way to Ottawa.