CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I sure hope not. Dyce deserves time.  He’s still trying to clean up plops mess of a roster. 
 With jones on the verge of getting canned too and maybe even coach O I can see a race to fire starting. That way front offices start their search early and get the best guy available. At least in theory. 
 Bad for the league to have multiple in season firings though. Jones will be a net gain by getting him out. 

Steinauer probably gets until the end of this season to turn the team around, if he can't get it done he's gone in the off-season.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

I think if by labour day they are still scuffling...showing no discipline...being selfish...he could get pooched then. .this has been an almost 3 yr thing now for them

I always thought Steinauer was a smart player and good assistant coach but right now he looks like Craig Dickenson did last year. 

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

I always thought Steinauer was a smart player and good assistant coach but right now he looks like Craig Dickenson did last year. 

He's been on the cusp of success since 2019, but every year something seems to happen to derail the Ti-Cats season.

16 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Steinauer probably gets until the end of this season to turn the team around, if he can't get it done he's gone in the off-season.

If they win at home in 2021, everything looks so much different. We got the bounces at the end of that game. Also think we deserved to win it too but a bounce goes the other way and Steinauer never buys another drink in that town again. And, yet, here we are. 

7 minutes ago, The Zipp said:

QB Taylor Cornelius takes first-team reps at Edmonton Elks practice: It appears as though the Edmonton Elks have made the decision to go back to Taylor Cornelius as the club’s starting quarterback. 

probably the right decision...but still a gong show..

They should give Ford a shot.