The RIP 2023 Thread

TrueBlue4ever

On 2023-04-12 at 6:49 AM, Tracker said:

For me it comes down to quality of life. Spending days in a diaper sitting in a wheelchair while drooling and unresponsive is not living, it is just existing. 

Sounds like how I spent the 4th quarter of the Grey Cup this year...

a friend of mine in HS had a copy of a generic Greatest Hits album of Lightfoot's, and I remember it was Rainy Day People that first hooked me. As I got older, and into broadcasting and then music programming, I really understood the genius of his works. Cochrane once described Lightfoot as "akin to one of the Group Of 7 painters..." and that's a really great way to describe his cultural impact. Lightfoot, Tyson, Connors....... few wrote about various aspects of Canada better. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

a friend of mine in HS had a copy of a generic Greatest Hits album of Lightfoot's, and I remember it was Rainy Day People that first hooked me. As I got older, and into broadcasting and then music programming, I really understood the genius of his works. Cochrane once described Lightfoot as "akin to one of the Group Of 7 painters..." and that's a really great way to describe his cultural impact. Lightfoot, Tyson, Connors....... few wrote about various aspects of Canada better. 

Always good to listen to a good song, and learn something about Canada while you are doing it!

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

He was no slouch singing about America either.  This is my personal favorite of his: