The RIP 2023 Thread

TrueBlue4ever

5 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I remember seeing her in One Million Years BC in Grade 7 running around in a skimpy 2 piece. Myself & 2 friends skipped classes to go see an afternoon matinee at the Park Theatre on Osborne Street. The dreams little 12 year old boys are made of.

raquel-welch-one-million-years-bc-pic-3.jpg?w=315

One Million Years BC' actress Raquel Welch dies at 82

Edited by SpeedFlex27

22 minutes ago, JCon said:

Oh, shoot ya. He was a big deal back in the territories days. 

Even more recent than the territory days, he was still an important figure since he, along with Jeff and others, started what is now Impact Wrestling.  At the time, TNA was really the only option in North America for top wrestlers (besides the WWE) since WCW had been sold and ECW had folded.

Stella Stevens, a prominent leading lady in 1960s and 70s comedies perhaps best known for playing the object of Jerry Lewis’s affection in “The Nutty Professor,” has died. She was 84. 

Stevens’ estate said she died Friday in Los Angeles after a long illness.

46 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Conservatives trash the CBC but if it wasn't for them we'd probably not know who Gordon Pinsent was. The CBC gave Canadian actors work back in those days. I know Lorne Greene, John Vernon & others got their first tv exposure with the CBC. 

Fyp. 

Tom Sizemore's Family 'Is Now Deciding-End-Of-Life Matters' For The Actor

The "Saving Private Ryan" star has been in a coma since suffering a brain aneurysm on Feb. 19.

The family of stricken actor Tom Sizemore is making an “end of life” decision for the “Saving Private Ryan” star after he suffered a brain aneurysm, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Sizemore has been in a coma at a Los Angeles-area hospital since the Feb. 19 emergency at his home. The staff has determined there is no chance for recovery, prompting the family’s choice, THR reported on Monday.

“Today, doctors informed his family that there is no further hope and have recommended end-of-life decision,” spokesperson Charles Lago said in a statement to the outlet. The “family is now deciding end-of-life matters.”

“We are asking for privacy for his family during this difficult time, and they wish to thank everyone for the hundreds of messages of support and prayers that have been received,” Lago added. “This has been a difficult time for them.”

Sizemore, 61, appeared in Steven Spielberg’s Oscar-winning World War II movie “Saving Private Ryan” and also played prominent roles in Oliver Stone’s “Natural Born Killers” and Ridley Scott’s “Black Hawk Down.”

His life off-screen has been marred by arrests involving domestic abuse and drugs.

On 2023-02-25 at 8:07 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

i first watched Gordon Pinsent on the CBC tv series, The Forest Rangers from 1963-66. He plays RCMP Officer Sgt Scott, a Mountie who is stationed at Indian River in  Northern Ontario at a Hudson Bay post called Indian River.  Rest In Peace, Gordon Pinsent.

I used to watch that show too. Man how far the CBC has fallen.

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I used to watch that show too. Man how far the CBC has fallen.

That was a great show. Look at the subject this episode was based on. Racism by police & the Canadian justice system. Assumed all Indians were drunks & presumed guilty just because they were Indians. This is 1963. Not 2023. 

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That was a great show. Look at the subject this episode was based on. Racism by police & the Canadian justice system. Assumed all Indians were drunks & presumed guilty just because they were Indians. This is 1963. Not 2023. 

They might not put it in a TV show, but kind of thinking still very much exists.

1 hour ago, Piggy 1 said:

And not just towards First Nation folks either........

Agreed. This sort of crap will continue to exist until aboriginals, Semites, Asians, TGBT people, Slavs, Muslims, Jews, Blacks and so forth realize that what diminishes one diminishes all and when one is attacked, or belittled, that ultimately affects all. 

if I leave here tomorrow....wait a minute isn't Leslie Hawkins still alive? (which would make her the last remaining plane crash survivor and interestingly enough I actually learned that Cassie Gaines joined the band before her brother did)....Nevermind I found out that Artimus Pyle is still alive...just not active in the band

Edited by iHeart