2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

As per Craig Dickenson:

Last week the Riders added another Canadian receiver to their arsenal with the signing of Juwan Brescacin and Dickenson believes that he was an under the radar type of signing.

“Not too many years ago he was thought of maybe the best Canadian receiver on Calgary’s roster. ”

Back in 2018, Brescacin had 35 receptions for 567 receiving yards and three touchdowns with Calgary.

Another former Stampeder, the Roughriders have high hopes this season is Shawn Bane Jr. Dickenson said they plan to use him in a similar role that was occupied by Kyran Moore in 2022.

“An inside receiver position where he can get balls on handoffs, he can run vertical routes and clear the tops. ”

The biggest free agent signing for the Roughriders at wide receiver was Jake Wieneke. Even though he is a newcomer to the green and white, Dickenson thinks the former Alouette will make a seamless transition to Saskatchewan.

Does he not realize 2018...was like 5 yrs ago?....and their is a reason KSB didnt get a sniff, and Lenius barely got his cleats tied before he was set free?...from the article boasting how he likes the thought of his Canadian receivers and the big fish they added...Jake W....that he has amassed a real sad sack group, with very little upside?....my oh my....can't wait to read his O-line musings next

40 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Imagine believing that MBT is the difference maker...

He was in the grey cup. If he stayed in the game we’d a won the gc lol. 

So the week 1 xfl 3.0 tv attendance was even worse than the in game attendance. Dropped over 50% from week 1 of xfl 2.0. The two espn games pulled 900k and 750k. Pretty dismal. 

Hey has anyone heard anything more about the potential cfl docuseries ? I thought they had suggested something was coming on one of the streaming apps

I see that the pga/liv golf has gotten on this trend with F1.

I love the cfl, but the cfl ****** sucks sometimes 

36 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He was in the grey cup. If he stayed in the game we’d a won the gc lol. 

So the week 1 xfl 3.0 tv attendance was even worse than the in game attendance. Dropped over 50% from week 1 of xfl 2.0. The two espn games pulled 900k and 750k. Pretty dismal. 

They need million per game to make it work. 

10 hours ago, CodyT said:

Hey has anyone heard anything more about the potential cfl docuseries ? I thought they had suggested something was coming on one of the streaming apps

I see that the pga/liv golf has gotten on this trend with F1.

I love the cfl, but the cfl ****** sucks sometimes 

The only thing the CFL is good at when it comes to marketing is stopping other people from doing it for them. I'm so ******* frustrated with their marketing efforts. It's not even a joke....its just sad at this point.

45 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

The only thing the CFL is good at when it comes to marketing is stopping other people from doing it for them. I'm so ******* frustrated with their marketing efforts. It's not even a joke....its just sad at this point.

It's wild that there are people in the league office who get pay checks for the absolute joke of a job they do.

O’Leary: MBT’s leadership tough to replace: What the Toronto Argonauts might miss the most about McLeod Bethel-Thompson is his unique leadership, says http://CFL.ca senior writer Chris O'Leary.

Riiighhht unique 'leadership' is exactly what I saw on TO's sideline and pressers with MBT leading the charge.

26 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

O’Leary: MBT’s leadership tough to replace: What the Toronto Argonauts might miss the most about McLeod Bethel-Thompson is his unique leadership, says http://CFL.ca senior writer Chris O'Leary.

Riiighhht unique 'leadership' is exactly what I saw on TO's sideline and pressers with MBT leading the charge.

Reading the quotes from this on twitter today and and people saying how important he as to the team and the league... What in the actual ****?? 

Just now, Noeller said:

Reading the quotes from this on twitter today and and people saying how important he as to the team and the league... What in the actual ****?? 

Unbeknownst to some of us pleebs, the Argo’s are the best team in the league on paper and now with MBT announcing his plans there will be a big void to fill. Yea he was such a dominant QB in this league.

Offseason sucks. May/June can’t come soon enough.

45 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I saw MBT ratch out being when being taken out of a game up 35 or down 35 it didn't matter. Or start fighting on the sidelines with Brandon banks. I guess that's unique leadership.