2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

A part of the FIFO culture is being accountable. No excuses. No ifs ands or buts. I have a hard time believing that  calling a loss a fluke or belittling the opponent would fit in the with FIFO stuff. That's super fandom ****, and while I certainly partake from time to time, it's not something I have ever seen from someone in the locker room.

To clarify I'm not equating praise for our team as belittlement of others. 

The fluke was how the Bombers played, not the Argos. The Bombers played a crappy game all over the field and lost. 

Just now, JCon said:

The fluke was how the Bombers played, not the Argos. The Bombers played a crappy game all over the field and lost. 

I suppose there is an argument that it wasn't really a fluke. When a pattern emerges (Poor offensive showing in Grey cups) is it still a fluke? We could probably discuss this all day. All that matters is the team that went 15-3 will have another shot at shutting the doubters up in 4 short (please be short) months!!

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

I suppose there is an argument that it wasn't really a fluke. When a pattern emerges (Poor offensive showing in Grey cups) is it still a fluke? We could probably discuss this all day. All that matters is the team that went 15-3 will have another shot at shutting the doubters up in 4 short (please be short) months!!

I think it was a fluke that all three phases of our team played so poorly at the same time. This team has had moments where one or two elements have been poor but we put it all together in November for a craptacular performance. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

And to break that down further, identifying areas where the Argos play was the reason we played crappy and identifying areas where it had nothing to do with the Argos play, it was purely self-inflicted.

8 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I think youre underestimating the whole FIFO thing Mike. Its really been the catalyst for our turnaround. Its established a group of team first players that value winning more than individual stats. A bunch of guys who truly love each-other and would go headfirst into a wall for their teammate and coach. You dont think these players feel a privilege/pride to play on this team? We know for a fact a lot of these guys could have gotten more money elsewhere, and you can be damn sure there are players across the league on other teams that would love to be a part of what weve got going on. Im glad we dont bring in me first headcase locker room cancer Rider type players that worry about their numbers and getting paid first. And your declaration yesterday that we are not the class of the league on paper anymore is just garbage. Best QB, best group of receivers, best o-line, best book-ends, best running back, etc. Even one year older we are still the class of the league and its not even close.

I’m not underestimating it, I’m just saying it’s weird that some people here apply it as a blanket to every talking point possible.

I think we’re a top two team and I don’t really think it’s close. I don’t agree with the suggestion that we’re clearly the best team on paper. I think there’s certainly an argument, but I have a lot of concern about our linebackers (old, injury prone, recent history of falling off at the end of the season), our DL (we’re managing snap counts on our two impact guys there and nobody else on our roster has shown any ability to help carry the weight), our OL (hasn’t really been AS good as it’s historically been, but truly this concern is more of a “are they going to hit the age wall?”) and our kicking game. 

I think there’s an argument to be made for Toronto, because they play a very similar style of football to what we played when we used to have Matt Nichols. Athleticism to create big plays on defense, enough game management to overcome a lack of overall talent at the QB spot. Call it a fluke all you want, if that D doesn’t drop a few easy picks in the GC, they beat our brakes off and run us out of the building early. I’d definitely trade their LB and DL for ours in a talent-only vacuum. I’m just hoping (confidently) that our front office can find us some impact guys on D that can provide a bit of youth to that side of the ball, but as of right now, the age stuff makes me hesitant to say we’re easily the best team in the league on paper. Best offense? Absolutely. But I think Toronto has the best D and they’ve added there the same way we have on O. 

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

And to break that down further, identifying areas where the Argos play was the reason we played crappy and identifying areas where it had nothing to do with the Argos play, it was purely self-inflicted.

You can point to that mind boggling Prukop call all you want as self-inflicted harm, but the gift wrapped interceptions the Argos dropped were just as much of a fluke on their side, imo 

I think AFTER all of those bloody years of being in a Cup drought and finally gaining some respect in this league , I don't get the peeing on Bomber fans who want to flaunt our talented team and it's winning ways....For cripes sake Mike...cut the fans a break who want to wallow a bit in our recent success....Playing the arrogant card and comparing us to that green team next door is unbelievable....Sure guys can get over the top....especially when somebody comes on OUR board and starts insulting us....but we are in no way like those yokels....Remember ...success is fleeting ...we are in an up time with this club...enjoy it and if some of the guys on here get a little over the top....find a way to cut them some slack......

Edited by Stickem

16 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I think AFTER all of those bloody years of being in a Cup drought and finally gaining some respect in this league , I don't get the peeing on Bomber fans who want to flaunt our talented team and it's winning ways....For cripes sake Mike...cut the fans a break who want to wallow a bit in our recent success....Playing the arrogant card and comparing us to that green team next door is unbelievable....Sure guys can get over the top....especially when somebody comes on OUR board and starts insulting us....but we are in no way like those yokels....Remember ...success is fleeting ...we are in an up time with this club...enjoy it and if some of the guys on here get a little over the top....find a way to cut them some slack......

Bluto did not come on here and start insulting the Bombers. He took a lot of flack in stride imo. Like I said earlier everyone has a point where they're going to push back and after several posts about his team only fluking out a win and how they have mostly garbage players on their team and they shouldn't hope to even be relevant this year he pushed back with some aggression. If fans want to flame away, fine...but don't get your (not you specifically) panties in a bunch when someone pushes back.

And fans showing some humility after a loss isn't expecting too much imo. It's not the flaunting of the team that getting to be excessive to me...it's the attitude that no other team could possibly be making any kind of good move, or could even be good enough to beat the bombers...even though they just did. The best team in the CFL hoisted the Grey Cup...that's just how it goes. The Bombers did not. If that makes you so upset that you can't possibly have a decent discussion about it, you're approaching crider fandom imo.

Edited by Bigblue204

10 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Narrator:  This did not happen

17 minutes ago, Stickem said:

“It’s different because it’s me, not them”

Just now, Geebrr said:

There is a difference between guys like Bluto and some of the Gapper fans we get over here. 

Hey....I like Bluto.....one of the better fans in T.O.....(ONE OF THE FEW)....I think he strayed a bit on his comments....I respect his view.....I just hope he respects ours especially on this board

You don't go on another team's board and start talking about how you beat them in the most recent 'Ship. I respect Bluto's contributions to the CFL online community as much as anyone, but his comments did not follow proper etiquette. They were cocky and uncalled for. The one Gapper poster that comes around here shows the right respect, surprisingly. 

This is a Bombers-specific fan site......cater your posts accordingly. 

28 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Bluto inferred  that Dinwoodie was a superior coach....I don't how you take that but I see it as an insult

I didn't infer it.

I implied it.

But more correctly, I only stated that on the day of November 20, 2022, that Ryan Dinwiddie outcoached and out adjusted Michael MF'ing O'Shea.

Because it is true. It happened and we all watched it.

But like I also said, I'd far rather have Osh than Dinwiddie. And I was very critical of RD and frankly didn't think that he had it in him.

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You don't go on another team's board and start talking about how you beat them in the most recent 'Ship. I respect Bluto's contributions to the CFL online community as much as anyone, but his comments did not follow proper etiquette. They were cocky and uncalled for. The one Gapper poster that comes around here shows the right respect, surprisingly. 

This is a Bombers-specific fan site......cater your posts accordingly. 

Respectfully, I never did that. And I take a lot of **** here and generally don't rise to it. Hell... I had months of opportunities to stick it right back at a few Richards who have taken every chance they've had to vent their Toronto hatred on me... never did it once. You ought to see my block list.

But the "Fluke" narrative had to die.

And I've spoken my piece on that now, so I'll drop it.

Edited by bluto