Grey Cup early chat

Nolby

8 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup it seems every catch, every block he makes could result in him having a fist fight with someone. 

And then punch the camera that's shooting him on the bench.

10 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Not much competition. 

I'd take Oakman as a DT with our group if the price was right.

Edited by Wideleft

14 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Yet he has yet to really amount to much of anything. All show no go.

Your OL? This is embarrassing and you should feel shame. 

that pic right there encapsulates why we are going to dominate sunday...they huddled around that heater...we shut ours off...

Oakman is good....not difference maker...and that pic too is all about angle/perspective

But lord almighty to add him in the middle with Maulden rotating with the Jeffs...dare to dream....dare to dream haha

Just now, Booch said:

that pic right there encapsulates why we are going to dominate sunday...they huddled around that heater...we shut ours off...

Oakman is good....not difference maker...and that pic too is all about angle/perspective

But lord almighty to add him in the middle with Maulden rotating with the Jeffs...dare to dream....dare to dream haha

Hahaha…you may need a cap increase for that one my friend.

18 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Yet he has yet to really amount to much of anything. All show no go.

Your OL? This is embarrassing and you should feel shame. 

I can't believe Pinball isn't rocking his fur. He showed up at the Grey Cup here gland handing around the suite in a Streveler... Must be why he left it at home, didn't want to openly support the Bombers...

4 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I can't believe Pinball isn't rocking his fur. He showed up at the Grey Cup here gland handing around the suite in a Streveler... Must be why he left it at home, didn't want to openly support the Bombers...

Love me the Pinball, dislike heavily (there I didn't say hate) the argoblows.

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

People have to know the team exists and the Argos do nothing to make people aware 

That's exactly what I mean. Why is he not doing anything, you can't tell me MLSE blocks him from getting the word out. I am sure it's not easy to get free media there but if anyone can Pinball can and he's a great interview / promoter (or was until it was not himself he was promoting).

16 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I hope so. It would be nice to get a new TV deal, maybe a split with Sportsnet for a revenue increase.

Ambrosie specifically called hard no to that this morning when someone mentioned even having one specific "Game Of The Week" type deal on Sportsnet. Hard no, he said. So Bell has exclusive rights, has mediocre broadcasts on TSN only (no national, non-premium cable broadcast on CTV), and nobody gets to even try and have some fun with it.... Sigh. 

Just now, Noeller said:

Ambrosie specifically called hard no to that this morning when someone mentioned even having one specific "Game Of The Week" type deal on Sportsnet. Hard no, he said. So Bell has exclusive rights, has mediocre broadcasts on TSN only (no national, non-premium cable broadcast on CTV), and nobody gets to even try and have some fun with it.... Sigh. 

And then TSN is pushing prime time games to TSN4, while airing tennis on their prime channel. Which would suggest they really don’t care.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Its likely just not something that can happen. The CFL can't just decide to give there broadcasters competition a game every week. Part of their deal (i'm assuming) is that TSN has the exclusive rights to the CFL. In 2026 they'll likely look at options. But until then anyone who thought that could happen was dreaming imo. It was honestly just a weird question to ask even.

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Its likely just not something that can happen. The CFL can't just decide to give there broadcasters competition a game every week. Part of their deal (i'm assuming) is that TSN has the exclusive rights to the CFL. In 2026 they'll likely look at options. But until then anyone who thought that could happen was dreaming imo. It was honestly just a weird question to ask even.

It's just nice to point out how poorly the CFL negotiates it's deals and forces Randy to acknowledge that we are at the mercy of TSN and the little they care about the league. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

It's just nice to point out how poorly the CFL negotiates it's deals and forces Randy to acknowledge that we are at the mercy of TSN and the little they care about the league. 

If memory serves, the TSN deal was considered pretty rich when it was agreed upon.  The problem is that TSN/Bell have done the bare minimum to fulfill it.

3 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

If memory serves, the TSN deal was considered pretty rich when it was agreed upon.  The problem is that TSN/Bell have done the bare minimum to fulfill it.

Compared to what? Rich for what? And, TSN has been a poor partner for many contracts. Just look at their "reporters"!! The two main ones advocated heavily to sellout to the XFL because they want to be in the US. 

No, Bell can **** itself.