3 stars plus hh smoked elk over easy

wbbfan

29 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Rourke’s numbers were so ridiculously high, and the Lions’ record so good with him, that he is deserving of MOC, even with only 9 games. Demski has had a great last 6 games, but he himself has only played 12, so not too much to separate their missed games yet, and Rourke’s numbers as they stand are still a bit better than Demski’s straight up, IMO. 

I can appreciate the argument for MOC

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It was however also an easy part of the lions season... and the one head to head with collaros saw collaros definitively come out ahead... AND collaros has gotten better as the season has gone on. Who is to say Rourke would have maintained the pace? You can't use what is essentially a hot start as an excuse to give a guy a bunch of awards. Games played matter and only getting half a season sucks for Rourke but it is what it is. Collaros the the leagues MOP this year simple as that because he's done it all year.

Not arguing MOP, I’m arguing MOC. 

7 hours ago, Booch said:

I think you will see the reciever salaries reset a bit this coming yr...wont be no 275 and 300k salaries handed out

Those were anomalies when 2 teams were paying QB's next to nothing in terms of starters salaries...u see teams like us...montreal...cgy...even BC save for whiteheads stupid deal paying their top recievers in the 145 to 175k range....and Sask was just plain dumb with dukes deal and  crippling their sms and depth in the process

If Lawler wants to come back & I think he does then he'll have to take a hundred thousand dollar pay cut. You don't win paying a receiver the kind of $$$ Lawler got in Edmonton. I think we can also consider Schoen gone after this season & he would have wanted a huge raise. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

15 hours ago, Jesse said:

No idea who might get MOOL - could go to a Bomber as a legacy thing.

MODP - Probably goes to a Calgary player.

MOC - I think there'd be a strong push for Rourke - but Demski in the running

I think it between Rourke and Demski...if Demski really turns it on with some more fancy stats he may get the edge due to Rourke being out...and deservedly so...

Bryant I would still think gets the nod...could be his swan song...he has still game in and game out been the best...gonna have a 1000 yrd rusher...some crazy QB stats...best record...battled thru injuries...to me it's a no brainer

Defensive have no clue, but it wont be a Bomber this yr...we can take it back next for the 4 in a row season

MOP and ROY are slam dunks tho...and I would even say coach of the yr to Osh for doing what he did with all injuries and turn over with a huge target on our backs all yr...no coach in east has done jack squat worthy of it...nor west really...Campbell was riding Rourke, but they have looked average at best without him...so no coaching genius there...Truly think it;s Osh's again

13 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Rourke’s numbers were so ridiculously high, and the Lions’ record so good with him, that he is deserving of MOC, even with only 9 games. Demski has had a great last 6 games, but he himself has only played 12, so not too much to separate their missed games yet, and Rourke’s numbers as they stand are still a bit better than Demski’s straight up, IMO. 

yeah...but our record was better, as was the team based on the QB play too tho....Rourke getting anything other than a MOC nod would be pure BS...not deserved...u cant assume, or use projected based on what he did to justify...case in point Oliveira...if u did that to him after 7 games..when all were calling for change he would be sitting at about 500yards and change and looking lost and useless

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If Lawler wants to come back & I think he does then he'll have to take a hundred thousand dollar pay cut. You don't win paying a receiver the kind of $$$ Lawler got in Edmonton. I think we can also consider Schoen gone after this season & he would have wanted a huge raise. 

that contract...and Dukes...same with Lucky's was more a take advantage of the team they on salary situation...wont happen again....well actaully Dukes was stupidity as Sask didnt have room or depth to do that....but 200k I think becomes the top for a top reciever next yr

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

It's still only 9 games. I dunno if Demski is the MOC nominee or not, but I have a really hard time giving someone year end awards when his season ended halfway through. What if he completely went into the tank and started turning the ball over left right and centre? 

What works in Rourke's favour is that Canuck quarterbacks who start for CFL teams are as rare as hen's teeth and ones who have been as good as he was before his injury are doubly so. Canadian receivers and much more plentiful- even ones as good as Demski has been, 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

We rolled the Lions when we played them. If anyone is desperately trying to convince us that Rourke is somehow deserving of an award for playing half a season, just point to the head-to-head matchup. And, he would have be exposed by any competent defense, like we did. 

So you think that a half season is not enough of a sample size to justify an award, but one game is enough to disqualify him?

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

So you think that a half season is not enough of a sample size to justify an award, but one game is enough to disqualify him?

How many of his gaudy stats came in 2 absolute blow outs of the pathetic LOLks? There was the big one against calgary too that was a shootout but still for all the yards 2 tds and 2 ints... Game he was injuredhe had a lot of yards but also 2 tds to 2 ints...Pretty pedestrian game against the ticats, pedestrian against the bombers... Ottawa was big yards but 2 tds and 2 ints..

So really we're going to hand awards to Rourke because he absolutely **** kicked Edmonton twice and Toronto once in the first few weeks of the season and then was pretty even in the TD/INT ratio?

21 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I think it is more that we can't fairly compare him and Zach head to head because he didn't play the full season. The only head to head comparison we CAN make is in the game where Zach outplayed him.

Any talk of giving Rourke MOP is ludicrous, in my opinion. The back half of the season is where defences tighten up, and every team has game film on you. 

22 hours ago, Booch said:

If Schoen had those numbers on any other team he'd be the nominee...he could very well end up the receiving yardage leader along with most TDs...that's some hefty accolades...especially for a rookie 

100%. He’d have a chance to win the east division if not for wynton macmanus. And the seasons not over lol. He could end up with even more silly numbers because we don’t have bodies to sit him for the last games. 

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

Demski in the west. The Argo receiver Gittens in the East  

You can't give a guy an award who played half a season 

If anything Rourke is mvp of the bc lions but certainly can't give him a league wide award for half a season 

Yep. I think rourke will get Bcs moc nod and might unfairly bump demski in the west. The hype train is crazy. 

I think hardrick should get our mol nod this year. D I’d give to nichols. But probably Willy or biggie. Legs certainly gets our sts player nomination. 

31 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I think it is more that we can't fairly compare him and Zach head to head because he didn't play the full season. The only head to head comparison we CAN make is in the game where Zach outplayed him.

Any talk of giving Rourke MOP is ludicrous, in my opinion. The back half of the season is where defences tighten up, and every team has game film on you. 

For the second time, I am not arguing that he should be MOP. I think his stats are gaudy enough to beat out Demski (and his 12 games) for Outstanding Canadian. If Demski explodes in his last 2 to get over 1,000 yards and leads the league in TDs, then he probably takes it. No speculation on what his stats “might be” in a full year, no “what ifs” about regression (silly argument to make, changing the facts would make it a totally different argument), just based on what he has done compared to other Canadians this year, he is still the most proficient IMO. 

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

For the second time, I am not arguing that he should be MOP. I think his stats are gaudy enough to beat out Demski (and his 12 games) for Outstanding Canadian. If Demski explodes in his last 2 to get over 1,000 yards and leads the league in TDs, then he probably takes it. No speculation on what his stats “might be” in a full year, no “what ifs” about regression (silly argument to make, changing the facts would make it a totally different argument), just based on what he has done compared to other Canadians this year, he is still the most proficient IMO. 

Haha! People are missing the MOC because there is too much talk for him as MOP out there 

9 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Zach really has no competition for MOP this year, he didn't just ride a good team to first place, he literally blew the doors off in a number of games with exceptional individual performances.

that is amazing and I'd like to see some video footage of it.......

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

Demski in the west. The Argo receiver Gittens in the East  

You can't give a guy an award who played half a season 

If anything Rourke is mvp of the bc lions but certainly can't give him a league wide award for half a season 

Dumb asses in the media think so. If they do that & give Rourke the MOP award then they might as well open it up to the fans as the so called experts have really ****** up the awards. media like danny Austin aren't as smart as they'd like to think.

Danny Austin is that annoying message board poster who spews off smooth brain take after smooth brain take and then says  he’s doing it just for laughs and discussion when he gets called out on it … but with media credentials

Collaros and Schoen easily win MOP/MOR, Demski may or may not be the West Division nominee for MOC but if the season ended today, I’m probably voting for Gittens over him anyways. Demski is on an incredible hot streak, but Gittens is doing what he’s doing while drawing all the defensive attention in Toronto and his yardage numbers pace out slightly better than Demski’s even with more games played.

I wouldn’t blame anyone for voting Demski but my vote would go to Gittens.

Liegghio takes MOSTP easily, defence is a tough one but I think I’d probably give it to Nichols this year. He deserves it and even more than that, Bighill and Jefferson don’t.

23 hours ago, Mike said:

Danny Austin is that annoying message board poster who spews off smooth brain take after smooth brain take and then says  he’s doing it just for laughs and discussion when he gets called out on it … but with media credentials

Collaros and Schoen easily win MOP/MOR, Demski may or may not be the West Division nominee for MOC but if the season ended today, I’m probably voting for Gittens over him anyways. Demski is on an incredible hot streak, but Gittens is doing what he’s doing while drawing all the defensive attention in Toronto and his yardage numbers pace out slightly better than Demski’s even with more games played.

I wouldn’t blame anyone for voting Demski but my vote would go to Gittens.

Liegghio takes MOSTP easily, defence is a tough one but I think I’d probably give it to Nichols this year. He deserves it and even more than that, Bighill and Jefferson don’t.

When Austin said Rourke is the MOP & that he was absolutely right, then he said "fight me" , I immediately called him out for picking Rourke after just 9 games. He never even acknowledged my tweet nor did he do any fighting. Then he posted another tweet saying the MOC should only be eligible if a player played a certain number of games. He never said how many. Which is the exact opposite for his criteria regarding the  MOP award. Which he says shouldn't have a minimum amount of games played to be eligible. So, in other words, a different set of criteria for the MOC over the MOP. When called out on that by his followers, he claimed he was only kidding. Austin always tries to be the smartest guy in the room when he clearly isn't. 

Austin's reaction is anti Bombers. He doesn't want to acknowledge that they are the best team in the CFL. Also, he doesn't want any players to win post season awards or for the team to win their third straight Grey Cup. He'd give the MOP award to Rourke with 9 games instead of Collaros with a bigger body of work.