3 stars plus hh smoked elk over easy

wbbfan

Rourke was fantastic for the time he played. I think a lot of people, in the media especially, forget where he was playing most of those games though. In a nice, comfy, climate controlled dome. Fans behind him. No wind. No rain. etc.

I was really waiting to see how he would do in the 2nd half of the season when he was playing away more than home and certainly not in a dome. We'll have to wait till next year to find out I guess, but I suspect his performance would have taken a bit of a hit once game #12/13/14 rolled around.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Rourke was fantastic for the time he played. I think a lot of people, in the media especially, forget where he was playing most of those games though. In a nice, comfy, climate controlled dome. Fans behind him. No wind. No rain. etc.

I was really waiting to see how he would do in the 2nd half of the season when he was playing away more than home and certainly not in a dome. We'll have to wait till next year to find out I guess, but I suspect his performance would have taken a bit of a hit once game #12/13/14 rolled around.

Bombers looked at the film and exposed him. If he wasn't playing against "geniuses" like Jones, he would have been exposed far more. 

52 minutes ago, JCon said:

Bombers looked at the film and exposed him. If he wasn't playing against "geniuses" like Jones, he would have been exposed far more. 

And you can make this observation and offer these types on insights on him and still hope he continues to excel (except against us of course) because ultimately he's great for the league. I find it's okay to bring these different lenses together as one. 🙂

7 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

And you can make this observation and offer these types on insights on him and still hope he continues to excel (except against us of course) because ultimately he's great for the league. I find it's okay to bring these different lenses together as one. 🙂

Exactly! He's one of the best rookies we've seen and Canadian to boot! But, everyone else is a professional and have/will make adjustments.