3 stars plus hh banjo blowout for Sarah’s send off

wbbfan

11 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

You don't have to touch the pylon. It's breaking the plane of the goal line. That plane extends past the field of play. As long as the player was in bounds when he jumped and the ball goes past the plane before he touches the ground again, it's a TD.

Ah, ok that kinda makes sense, though I did think that it had to cross the plane within the field of play, I wasn't aware that it extended beyond.  The fact that he hit the pylon was irrelevant then and just makes for a better video for the highlight reel.

It was an amazing effort by Bailey, hopefully this last game is what he needs to "light a fire" under his but. He has shown he has the talent and ability, but he has not yet been consistent. With Ellingson out for the foreseeable future let's hope Bailey can build on this momentum and build further chemistry with Zack, especially if he is without Woli (Mr 2nd down clutch) for any length of time.

13 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

It was an amazing effort by Bailey, hopefully this last game is what he needs to "light a fire" under his but. He has shown he has the talent and ability, but he has not yet been consistent. 

well this is a crock of ****. 

Bailey has had a fire lit in him since the first game he ever played (Banjo Bowl 2019) and likely goes back way farther than that. He's also been very consistent for a long time...he just doesn't get targeted as much as others. 

28 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

It was an amazing effort by Bailey, hopefully this last game is what he needs to "light a fire" under his but. He has shown he has the talent and ability, but he has not yet been consistent. With Ellingson out for the foreseeable future let's hope Bailey can build on this momentum and build further chemistry with Zack, especially if he is without Woli (Mr 2nd down clutch) for any length of time.

Bailey plays an important role in the offense when he's not getting the ball. Downfield blocking is key. We need that blocking more than ever with Woli out. Bailey is baller. 

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Bailey has had a fire lit in him since the first game he ever played (Banjo Bowl 2019) and likely goes back way farther than that. He's also been very consistent for a long time...he just doesn't get targeted as much as others. 

Fair enough on your difference in opinion...you do know what an opinion is though right....and that they are just that opinions....but thanks for clearly stating your superiority on opinions as  people who rarely post loved being belittled on a fan forum. 

1 hour ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Fair enough on your difference in opinion...you do know what an opinion is though right....and that they are just that opinions....but thanks for clearly stating your superiority on opinions as  people who rarely post loved being belittled on a fan forum. 

Listen.... if you want to come around here once every few months and start throwing around opinions like you actually know what you're talking about, that's your business. But when people who actually know what they're talking about explain to you exactly why you're wrong, don't go crying about it. Your opinion is wrong, and you should feel bad. 

Edited by Noeller

15 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Not all opinions are correct. 

I fully agree JCon he is a great blocker and all indications an absolute great teammate. 

Noeller, no need to get personal, and or insulting that was not called for. I don't feel bad, I actually feel great and want to thank you for actually uplifting my mood today and putting me into a more positive mind space.

17to85 opinions being factually correct or not is all of opinion

After listening to the responses I agree that my opinion of him "lighting a fire" under his but was not the best  statement to put out. He has shown amazing passion and fire since the Banjo Bowl 2019. Moving forward I stand by my opinion that hopefully he continues to build chemistry with Zach, especially with the aforementioned injuries.

Nothing but love, I hope Bailey has a great rest of this season, whatever role he plays

Bailey has been playing exactly how we have asked him...like he even said...and coaches and other players alluded to, he does a lot behind the scenes that don't show up on the stats sheet, but when Woli went down...he needed to...was asked to, and did elevate his game....no concerns or worries about him whatsoever, and he brings so much to the team that its infectious...he's a key piece in that receiver room

1 hour ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

17to85 opinions being factually correct or not is all of opinion

Opinions don't mean you get to say whatever you want and have it not be questioned. 

For some examples: "I like vanilla better than chocolate" that's an opinion and they is valid no matter what anyone else thinks. 

"In my opinion the earth is flat not a globe" is not an opinion and is just wrong. 

Similarly thinking Bailey isn't playing well isn't an opinion it's just wrong.

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Opinions don't mean you get to say whatever you want and have it not be questioned. 

For some examples: "I like vanilla better than chocolate" that's an opinion and they is valid no matter what anyone else thinks. 

"In my opinion the earth is flat not a globe" is not an opinion and is just wrong. 

Similarly thinking Bailey isn't playing well isn't an opinion it's just wrong.

If you interpreted my initial statement as me claiming he wasn't playing well, then I did a poor job with that post.

I believe Bailey is a great blocker and a great teammate, he had a fantastic game last week and his TD was one of the best cases of effort you will ever see, I do however hope that with injuries to Ellingson and Woli he can continue to evolve his game, his role within the offence and his chemistry with Zach and that the game we saw last week will inspire and all him and all his teammates so he can consistently put up yards like he did last week at least while we have injury issues. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

I’m sure the announcers said he is the second most targeted Bomber this year. Obviously not being injured for any games has helped with that and targets per game may put him lower on the totem pole but he has been looked for.

That said he’s played well all year and I’m glad to see him get some numbers on the stat sheets to validate that.

5 hours ago, Sard said:

The start of the white line is the plane of the goal line.  The ball doesn't have to cross into the green, it just has to cross into the white.

That being said, I'm surprised that touching the front or outside of the pylon counted as a TD as that is clearly out of bounds.  I always though the players had to touch the inside of the pylon for it to count and was surprised that Bailey's dive was counted as a score.

It would make more sense if the outside edges of the pylon were placed at the intersection of the endzone and the out of bounds line, which does not look to be the case.  This would put the outside surfaces of the pylon on the edge of both planes inside the field of play....oh well 6 for us.

Edited by Fatty Liver

19 minutes ago, Blue_Dragoon said:

I’m sure the announcers said he is the second most targeted Bomber this year. Obviously not being injured for any games has helped with that and targets per game may put him lower on the totem pole but he has been looked for.

That said he’s played well all year and I’m glad to see him get some numbers on the stat sheets to validate that.

Bailey amongst his teammates: 2nd in targets (4th TPG), 3rd in receptions (4th RPG), 5th in yards (6th YPG), 7th in avg. yards per catch, 3rd in TDs. His numbers are down on average from his last two seasons (about 0.5 targets, 1 catch, and 15 yards per game), so it is fair to say he has underperformed statistically this year. And all of those numbers for this year were buoyed by the last game, his best of the year.  So saying he hasn’t performed well is in fact an opinion up for debate and can be bolstered by certain numbers, just as the eye test of other factors such as blocking and character and effort can be pointed out in favour of the opinion that he is playing well. But to say “he isn’t playing well is not an opinion it’s just wrong” is inaccurate, and calling it “a crock of s*it” and insulting other posters by saying they should feel bad for having a differing “wrong” opinion is unnecessary. Maybe we can strive for more civilized debate around here, seems there has been a lot more mud-slinging , bad language, and general mean-spiritedness in posts in the past few weeks IMO (maybe back-to-backs with the Riders and all the vitriol spewed about them, their players, coaches, and their fan base has carried over). Let’s all try to be as classy as we say this Bomber team is, and not be as low class as we say the Riders are, can we?

Anyway, here is a picture of a puppy and a bunny to hopefully make everyone more pleasant.

7-rabbit-and-puppy-jane-burton.jpg

It's spread the ball around offense by committee in winnipeg this year. Forget the numbers when a guy needs to step up some one does. Some games was ellingson, some it was schoen or demski or even Woogie. Last game it was Bailey . All those guys are ballers and we don't need anyone to be a one man show all the time.

13 hours ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Noeller, no need to get personal, and or insulting that was not called for.

You will learn that having a different opinion on this site equals name calling and a lot of people throwing a hissy fit that you are not agreeing with them.     As much as this site is fun to read during game days,  in between the games you will see lots of salty old timers shooing away the non-regulars.  

Bailey did make a great catch and had probably his best game.  On this site over the last season or two people HAVE stated that they feel Bailey is hot and cold and someone who does disappear for games at a time.   The Blue had the same issues with Darvin Adams where he'd stand out or make a clutch play but then you wouldn't see him do it again for 3 more games.    Your original comment about him as been discussed before so I don't understand the push back besides some folks who tend to only look at players with a "What have you done for me lately" kind of memory. 

Nobody has ever questioned Bailey's commitment for the team,  dude is a stand up guy and never dogs it and always puts in the effort.  However if we had a fully healthy roster and the Blue were able to sign an American receiver from the NFL... Bailey would be the odd man out.   He's a great depth player that follows the system and who shouldn't cost a fortune to keep (like Lawler) and he stays healthy so he's a good guy to keep around.  He has improved each year so it is possible that he could eventually be a "star".  

Some people are misinterpreting what Baily does on this team... he does get targets... he makes clutch catches... he does make very difficult contested catches... he does all the little things really well (which has been discussed ad nauseum).... I don't think he disappears at all, just maybe on the stats sheet... the only thing Baily hasn't done this year is put up monster stats... but is there a better receiver than Baily at making contested 12 yard catches on a scramble play on 2nd and long?... I want him on the field all day on game day.

16 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Some people are misinterpreting what Baily does on this team... he does get targets... he makes clutch catches... he does make very difficult contested catches... he does all the little things really well (which has been discussed ad nauseum).... I don't think he disappears at all, just maybe on the stats sheet... the only thing Baily hasn't done this year is put up monster stats... but is there a better receiver than Baily at making contested 12 yard catches on a scramble play on 2nd and long?... I want him on the field all day on game day.

Schoen is the go-to on broken plays for Collaros, Ellingson for sure has been better here. In fact, when computing reception percentage (receptions divided by overall targets) Bailey is 7th best on the team. Like it or not, stats are how players are measured in all sports. So to say he is good except where the stats show him disappearing means he is still disappearing. Love his effort, but he has underperformed this year compared to his last two seasons, and is not dominating like so many thought “Showtime Scheed” would have when the year started. But as last game showed, he can still make a difference, and hopefully he gets on a roll now. 

31 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I get what Bailey does on the team. You need someone to do the dirty work at receiver. He scraps for extra yards and is a high energy guy. 

I just also think that the reason he is always making contested catches is that he isn't great at getting open and separating from the DB. In the end it doesn't matter too much if he makes the catch.  He's never put up monster stats even when he was playing in a different spot last year. That's fine, not everyone can take over a game but it is what it is.