3 stars plus hh banjo blowout for Sarah’s send off

wbbfan

Bailey is one of the hardest workers on our team. However, I too, would love to see more production from him and think this last game may have been the catalyst for that going forward. For whatever reason he wasn't getting the targets, but after a big game like that he should have his number called with more regularity.

A player "disappearing", especially a receiver can be do to many things, not just him under performing....could be scheme...teams taking that option away...hence unknows like Schoen/Agudosi get more balls, could be he's the 3rd...4th option....or he could be required to clear out a zone, and or take on a block....and as reported here and in media...and importantly coaches/players...Bailey has done that in spades.

When ball comes to him....he generally makes the play...I can only think of one bad drop this year, but every receiver will have those...I can think of many contested and clutch catches tho...key blocks...taking coverage away from others...on a 12-1 team....Team...sum of it's parts....and thats what he is....a part doing his job...and doing it well

Edited by Booch

Unless you're breaking down game film, how could someone say they want more production?? Basically, you're just saying you want bigger stats, which may not help the team win the game. You can put up big numbers and still lose the game. People lose the forest through the trees. 

Bailey is doing what his told to do. 

8 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

There is only one ball. 

Pretty much. Last year the first half or just less he struggled catching the ball consistently. But this year he’s been very comparable to the second half of last year just not enough passes to go his way. 

that said when every one is healthy some tough decisions will need to be made. Ellingson schoen demski woli Gmac and Bailey with grant already as a wr di. 

Gmac similarly is a guy who just needs more touches. If we are going to focus on getting touches to a guy he’s the guy. 

Bailey isn’t a guy that needs to be forced touches or that you need to try and involve. He’s a perfect 4th, or 5th wr. He’s there when you need him Keeps the defense honest and does a lot with out the hall in his hands. 

maybe Gmac becomes a di rb / wr again and we use him in more of a package role. Generally it’s a good problem to have. When’s the last time we had too many good wrs? 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Unless you're breaking down game film, how could someone say they want more production?? Basically, you're just saying you want bigger stats, which may not help the team win the game. You can put up big numbers and still lose the game. People lose the forest through the trees. 

Bailey is doing what his told to do. 

With out looking at the tape you can say ypc yac and catch rate are hurting. But in baileys case they aren’t. 

for instance I’d say lucky whitehead is a guy that should be producing more. 12.9 yards per catch averaging a td every 28 pass attempts to him averaging 5.6 yac per catch plus his return production has been limited but poor any way. 
 Haven’t watched tape on him and obviously rourke has been hurt but even then he hasn’t been the same since he got hurt last year. He’s a 200k+ guy in his prime with maybe the best wheels in the league. 
 He should have dalton schoen level explosive production all things considered. Or atleast Kenny lawler level. 

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Gmac = McCrae? 

When (or if) everyone gets healthy then it's a no brainer that McCrae sits for the play off run.    

If he had seen schoen levels of offensive plays he’d be maybe the second biggest roty threat in the west. Augustine has looked poor in limited touches since brady stepped up and he’s easily our biggest catch and run and deep threat. He’s bringing a lot just by being able to run off the secondary.  

I'm not an expert in any way shape or form, but I have noticed a pattern:  a lot of the stats a receiver generates seems to correspond to the amount of times he's thrown the ball.  Again, not an expert, but I guess he could wave his arms more and yell "OPEN!" really really loud.  Always seemed to work in the sandlot.

7 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Plus nobody knew what Schoen was capable of at the beginning of the year.

Yup- first time I took notice is when he caught a ball, got hit, got separated from the ball and fumbled it away. I was like, "Schoen? Who the **** is this? Why are they trotting out a raw rookie to start, who's hurt?"

lol yea- eating crow and been a big fan of his since.

9 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Yup- first time I took notice is when he caught a ball, got hit, got separated from the ball and fumbled it away. I was like, "Schoen? Who the **** is this? Why are they trotting out a raw rookie to start, who's hurt?"

lol yea- eating crow and been a big fan of his since.

Apparently the first pass to Milt Stegall during his rookie camp was a drop and one reporter said 'I guess he's not making the team'...  854 receptions, 15,53 Receiving yards and 147  touchdowns later.   

On 2022-09-13 at 10:10 AM, JCon said:

Bailey plays an important role in the offense when he's not getting the ball. Downfield blocking is key. We need that blocking more than ever with Woli out. Bailey is baller. 

I've said it in the past that Bailey is the heart & soul of the receiving corps. He doesn't put up big numbers but he's the leader of that group. He's loud & very vocal. The guys look up to him. 

21 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Plus nobody knew what Schoen was capable of at the beginning of the year.

On top of all that demski has been quietly enjoying his most productive season too. Over 6 attempts per game for 54 yards and a td every 9.1 targets. Hed be on track for 970 yards and 12 tds in 18 games. 

If all the wrs stayed healthy for close to 18 games we’d likely have 3 guys over 1k yards and would be a threat to have 4.