Stumps at BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS early talk

Nolby

Yeah...this will be a tougher test...but at home..rested and prepared...I can't see us losing.

We came out of this pretty much unscathed too ..I do know O'Leary Orange didn't finish the game and was in clothes partway through game on sideline..but other than that I think it's pretty good...Biggie hurt his hand or finger but stayed in and never missed a rep...so sure that's a non issue as well

12 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

This’ll be a big test for Bo Levi. He’s looked like his old self more so this year, but hasn’t played a super strong team yet.

Yeah...I think a lot of the people yammering about his demise was a bit premature...so I think this will be a tougher game...even at home...but...I also see us mirroring last year...and this is when we seemed to start to roll and bring the A game

Edited by Booch

It's going to be the two best teams in the league.

Bo looks to be back to his old self, but Zach has shown he's not ready to relinquish his claim to the throne.

Carey and Henry are potent offensive weapons - but our three-headed dragon at RB is starting to get going and our air attack only benefits from that.

I don't think it's a question who has the most impactful defence. 

Should be another great game.

6 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

They better be prepared for Malik Henry, that guy is blazing fast, if he isolates on a corner he's gone.  Hopefully they're better prepared for the explosion plays and can get some over the top help from Thompson.  Sure wish Alexander was back before they faced the Stamps.  Sey-lah-vee.

It's gonna be just like Rourke-Rhymes, they're going to make some plays.

The trick is to limit the big plays as much as possible, create some turnovers, and make sure the O makes them pay for those turn overs.

19 minutes ago, Jesse said:

It's going to be the two best teams in the league.

Bo looks to be back to his old self, but Zach has shown he's not ready to relinquish his claim to the throne.

Carey and Henry are potent offensive weapons - but our three-headed dragon at RB is starting to get going and our air attack only benefits from that.

I don't think it's a question who has the most impactful defence. 

Should be another great game.

This could be the start of some very intriguing schemes. With a bit of practise, that could open up a whole new look for the offense. Very excited about the possibilities. 

Just now, Rod Black said:

This could be the start of some very intriguing schemes. With a bit of practise, that could open up a whole new look for the offense. Very excited about the possibilities. 

He's really just taking Demski's role, but we were not utilizing him fully (up until the game he got injured - of course).

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

He's really just taking Demski's role, but we were not utilizing him fully (up until the game he got injured - of course).

Sure thing. Demski is use to making some remarkable plays, yup. I like the idea of a three headed monster though. The opposition doesn’t know much at all about McRae. I’d say he’s faster than Demski. To support the theory 29 is faster, I went to the roster for height and weight. Demski isn’t on the roster at BlueBombers.com! CFL.ca has him listed as 5-11 215 28yo. BlueBombers.com has McRae at 5-10 180 24yo. I’d speculate he’s (29) quicker because he’s lighter. Age difference shouldn’t make a difference. Can’t say, don’t know, whether university background makes a difference but our home town hero definitely has the greater experience. 

Going on 3 weeks now for Demski...but if we doing ok without right now..I can see him sitting the 6 to be fully healed and have that 6 games worth of salary go toward an NFL cut or Strev....odds are of 1 of our 3 NFL guys becoming available.

When Demski is back as well...we could see sets with him...McRae and one of BO or JA all on field together...which could be interesting if they all motioning out of the backfield

49 minutes ago, Booch said:

Going on 3 weeks now for Demski...but if we doing ok without right now..I can see him sitting the 6 to be fully healed and have that 6 games worth of salary go toward an NFL cut or Strev....odds are of 1 of our 3 NFL guys becoming available.

When Demski is back as well...we could see sets with him...McRae and one of BO or JA all on field together...which could be interesting if they all motioning out of the backfield

I'd love to see that,could have some very creative play calling

6 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

They better be prepared for Malik Henry, that guy is blazing fast, if he isolates on a corner he's gone.  Hopefully they're better prepared for the explosion plays and can get some over the top help from Thompson.  Sure wish Alexander was back before they faced the Stamps.  Sey-lah-vee.

We shud find out on Tuesday (no practice on Monday) if Alexander will be back soon or not. Its been 5 games so technically he could start practicing if he's able to.

8 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah...I think a lot of the people yammering about his demise was a bit premature...so I think this will be a tougher game...even at home...but...I also see us mirroring last year...and this is when we seemed to start to roll and bring the A game

Plus the Stamps  have Jake Maier ready to go in if BLM falters or gets injured. The best 1-2 qb punch in the CFL. Like Hamilton had to do this season with Jeremiah Masoli & Dane Evans, the Stamps will have to make a choice this coming February to keep Jake Maier as their #1 qb or let him go to free agency. I just can't see the Stamps keeping Mitchell over Maier. 

If the team plays like it did in BC, we win. If they play like the first 4 games we don't.

Calgary's a good team. They'll play the full 60 minutes. BLM won't get confused by our defence. IMO Carey is the best RB in the league.

Should be a good game.

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

I personally believe BC is better than Calgary. If we are the same team this Friday as we were this past Saturday, we're gonna be just fine. 

Honestly Calgary will be a tougher test that BC if you ask me. Think they have a better OL and experience at qb is harder to bamboozle than a young guy. plus I think their offensive coaches are better than BC and they can do more varied things. 

Don't get me wrong, they should still be able to put a beating on Bo but Calgary is a tougher matchup IMO.