Week 2 - The Champs @ RedBlacks - GDT

JCon

Is Nic Demski even on the team? What is happening with that guy.

We had WAY too many drops from the receivers. I was really disappointed especially in the first half. 

Augustine looked solid, if unspectacular, in limited time. 

Front 7 on D was so frustrating. Wildly inconsistent. 

Glad we found a way to win, but this team is not the same so far this season. I can already tell I'm going to be angry a lot this season... 

1 minute ago, Rod Black said:

The past two seasons of Bomber teams are a pretty tough act to follow. We are still in first place. The D manages giving up few td’s. Buck is better O coordinator than the clown that was there two seasons ago, imo. 

It took awhile for the passing game to get going last season too.  Our first and third games last year pretty closely mirror our offensive production these first couple games, with no downfield passing.  Oliviera had one good game and one pretty bad one.  Tonight he was better, just too much hesitation.

57 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Ottawa's back did it tonight.  It's hard to do on 20 carries, 25-30 touches a game like Harris did.  But any decent back in this league can get to the second level by making someone miss or getting through contact.

He did it a couple times in one game. Both Brady and Augustine had better games doing it more frequently last year. 
 Also it’s a world of difference between first contact coming at the line with a head of momentum and in the back field as you get the ball. 

50 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, you either have it or you don't. Oliveira doesn't.

Augustine didn’t and hasn’t been able to be consistent. Doesn’t matter what you can do in a few bursts. Especially in our run scheme. 

Also worth remembering is while the bombers have looked rusty as hell and with poor offensive game plan and all this and that we just swept a home and away series in back to back weeks. 
 That’s extremely hard to do especially to start the year and especially for a resurgent strong young rbs team who happen to be extremely good in home openers. 
 Add to that our messed up pre season and tc which gave us very little work for our vets and this week only having one practice messed up by weather and things aren’t soo glib. 

great teams find ways to win hard close games. That’s what the bombers have done with a mountain of obstacles.  

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I dont know....to my eye we are weaker at almost every position compared to last year.

I don't disagree but we did lose some key pieces that helped us put one of the best teams in the last 50 years on the field. Were missing BA,Alford,Kongbo,Richardson etc. I don't disagree we look weaker but I have faith they'll find their grip and the team will start humming. Were only two games into the season and sitting at 2-0,it's a good problem to have when you need to correct issues but sitting perfect still,I have faith.

Edited by Nolby

You guys are all so mad because you expect a “dominant” Grey Cup squad that shows up in November to appear in June

we just won a back-to-back against a much improved team and we didn’t play a single snap with our QB/OL in the off-season. We’re not gonna go 16-2 but we just proved we know how to win the games we don’t deserve to win

quit crying 😋

Just now, Mike said:

You guys are all so mad because you expect a “dominant” Grey Cup squad that shows up in November to appear in June

we just won a back-to-back against a much improved team and we didn’t play a single snap with our QB/OL in the off-season. We’re not gonna go 16-2 but we just proved we know how to win the games we don’t deserve to win

quit crying 😋

You won't catch me crying.   Drinking maybe....

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Is Nic Demski even on the team? What is happening with that guy.

We had WAY too many drops from the receivers. I was really disappointed especially in the first half. 

Augustine looked solid, if unspectacular, in limited time. 

Front 7 on D was so frustrating. Wildly inconsistent. 

Glad we found a way to win, but this team is not the same so far this season. I can already tell I'm going to be angry a lot this season... 

TBH most of the drops were on balls where the dbs were hitting the receiver with their hands around the ball as it got there (or where the receiver was getting blown up on a crosser)

Even Ellingson in the endzone wasn't as easy as it.looked since he had to quickly change direction and go up for a ball at  the absolute top of his range in howling wind/rain.

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

quit crying 😋

Yeah most teams don’t sleep walk through to a championship. Last years squad was one of the most dominating teams arguably in history. Give credit where credit is due Ottawa came out to play both weeks, they spent a lot of money on some decent players who are hungry to make an impact, ultimately 2-0 is 2-0, there’s no reason to believe some of our guys won’t get better as time goes by.

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

18 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I don't disagree but we did lose some key pieces that helped us put one of the best teams in the last 50 years on the field. Were missing BA,Alford,Kongbo,Richardson etc. I don't disagree we look weaker but I have faith they'll find their grip and the team will start humming. Were only two games into the season and sitting at 2-0,it's a good problem to have when you need to correct issues but sitting perfect still,I have faith.

This is the key part.  Yes (so far) we look weaker than last season but that was an all-time great team.  Expecting this year's team to match that is an almost impossibly high bar.  

We found a way to win and that's what really matters.

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

quit crying 😋

Holy hell. So much this. Unreal.

Lol we legit seem to have found a new receiver who could pace out for 1000 yards, a new rush end who can take snaps with Willie/Jeffcoat, a new SAM who makes us forget about Maston and we’re worried about being undefeated?

we definitely do have some problem areas … Dobson can take over for Gray immediately if you ask me, Thompson looks like the second coming of Ian Logan out there and our running game looks rough at best but we’re literally rolling out 8 Canadians, starting a bunch of rookies who look competent and winning games

just breathe everyone