Week 2 - The Champs @ RedBlacks - GDT

JCon

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'll say it here. Oliveira is a career backup running back. He isn't good enough to be a starter.

Tell me how good Augustine was at his age. He was tcf at best. 17 touches for 75 yards with out a good gap all night. Just being emotional. 
 Augustine needs more reps and the offense needs an over haul in the play book. 

Edited by wbbfan

Just now, wbbfan said:

Tell me how good Augustine was at his age. He was tcf at best. 

They both aren't good enough.

Think we'll be flipping the ratio soon.

Offensive gameplan way too conservative to allow this level of talent at RB to succeed.  We're playcalling like 33 still in the backfield.

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Winston Rose needs to straighten himself out

that penalty on the sideline was odd. 

almost seems like hes not really paykng attention.

re running backs, us compared to the guy in B.C. wow, what an advantage they have in that department.

Edited by Mark F

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

Augustine has a few gears that Oliveira doesn't have. EVen if he plays for 15 years he'll never have it.

Kind of an all or nothing type.  If he gets into second level dangerous, but mostly not getting through the line.  Fine change of pace.  Need someone more consistent and passing threat too.

Think passing game needs to open up quite a bit.  Can see when they run more downfield stuff how much better Collaros moves around and makes plays.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They both aren't good enough.

Think we'll be flipping the ratio soon.

Offensive gameplan way too conservative to allow this level of talent at RB to succeed.  We're playcalling like 33 still in the backfield.

I was thinking about that possibility part way through. Don’t think they will though. 

Ottawa is definitely much improved from last year but we saw the good and bad out of both Masoli and LaPolice.  Masoli had a ton of yards but couldn't get it done. They waited for him to make a mistake in both games. LaPo throwing the hail mary challenge flag and losing the timeout was a major mistake as well (hilarious that Ferguson and Suitor both said the game was pretty much done after Ottawa's turnover on downs, then realized their mistake).

The Bombers are slowly starting to figure things out. Offensively the OL and RB spots are hurting us still. Collaros with versus without pass protection is a huge difference. Need more run gaps from the OL and for Oliveira to step up his game. Augustine is definitely the more explosive back. Richie Hall and the defense continue to save the team in my opinion (despite their own flaws too).

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Kind of an all or nothing type.  If he gets into second level dangerous, but mostly not getting through the line.  Fine change of pace.  Need someone more consistent and passing threat too.

Think passing game needs to open up quite a bit.  Can see when they run more downfield stuff how much better Collaros moves around and makes plays.

That’s what I see too. Great rotational change of pace guy. But idk we just don’t have the blocking we had last year and we aren’t stretching the field side line to side line with jet action. 
 Some thing has to give. We can’t play call like we have last years dominant line or Harris behind them. Play call use players lots of options but they gotta pick a direction. 

1 minute ago, Captain Blue said:

Ottawa is definitely much improved from last year but we saw the good and bad out of both Masoli and LaPolice.  Masoli had a ton of yards but couldn't get it done. They waited for him to make a mistake in both games. LaPo throwing the hail mary challenge flag and losing the timeout was a major mistake as well (hilarious that Ferguson and Suitor both said the game was pretty much done after Ottawa's turnover on downs, then realized their mistake).

The Bombers are slowly starting to figure things out. Offensively the OL and RB spots are hurting us still. Collaros with versus without pass protection is a huge difference. Need more run gaps from the OL and for Oliveira to step up his game. Augustine is definitely the more explosive back. Richie Hall and the defense continue to save the team in my opinion (despite their own flaws too).

They have a big turn around or we are the second worst team in the league. Undisciplined and dirty but very good team. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That’s what I see too. Great rotational change of pace guy. But idk we just don’t have the blocking we had last year and we aren’t stretching the field side line to side line with jet action. 
 Some thing has to give. We can’t play call like we have last years dominant line or Harris behind them. Play call use players lots of options but they gotta pick a direction. 

Harris has put up insane yards after contact year after year.  It's not unusual with the lack of run formations now to get contact early.  The good-great backs handle it and get to the second level.  Our guys now can't.

Could get Demski a lot more involved in run game.  But not sure either back now same kind of threat as Harris to leak out in passing game to draw defensive attention to open up the wide gaps.  Demski can run between tackles too though.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Harris has put up insane yards after contact year after year.  It's not unusual with the lack of run formations now to get contact early.  The good-great backs handle it and get to the second level.  Our guys now can't.

Could get Demski a lot more involved in run game.  But not sure either back now same kind of threat as Harris to leak out in passing game to draw defensive attention to open up the wide gaps.  Demski can run between tackles too though.

I don’t agree that that’s normal. I’d say one other guy maybe two do that in this league. 

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Demski needs to be more involved. We saw how successful it was to end the game, where the hell was it in the previous 7 quarters?

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'll say it here. Oliveira is a career backup running back. He isn't good enough to be a starter.

I’m not defending #20, I’ll call it holding out hope, and I’m allowed to do that. Harris in his career got less than 500 yards on the season in his second year, a 4.8 yard average. Year three he averaged over 5 ypc and ended up with over a 1000. I’ll say Oliveira isnt a Harris but he is our guy. Mixing with 27, might be a better use of both Canuck backs. 
what I do know about Bomber management and coaches, they continue to try and fix weaknesses, every year. They’ve proven that. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

I don’t agree that that’s normal. I’d say one other guy maybe two do that in this league. 

Ottawa's back did it tonight.  It's hard to do on 20 carries, 25-30 touches a game like Harris did.  But any decent back in this league can get to the second level by making someone miss or getting through contact.