Week 2 - The Champs @ RedBlacks - GDT

JCon

My favorite moment of the game was Masoli have fantastic momentum and moving the chains and the rain is coming down hard... so LaPolice calls a flea flicker and loses 14 yards :D  

Augustine needs to start... Brady is nice but Augustine can take a  hit and keep moving.  Brady is Fred Reid 2.0 where he can put up big yards if holes are presented but absolutely sucks if he gets contact against him near the line.  

Demski needs to be involved more. 

Rose needs to recover put someone else in  his spot for a few weeks. 

I'm not impressed but I'm also not really worried since Masoli has "always" torched our defense for massive amounts of yards.  That's why I was so happy whenever Dane Evans started against us because we would smother him and do far better.

Last year gave me unrealistic expectations. I expect to go undefeated or nearly undefeated every season now. 

I almost forgot about how bad Gray looked at LG last night until Mike mentioned it. I was foaming at the mouth angry in the 2nd quarter of the game just screaming at the TV. He was getting raped left right and centre. Dobson's time will be soon. 

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Last year gave me unrealistic expectations. I expect to go undefeated or nearly undefeated every season now. 

I almost forgot about how bad Gray looked at LG last night until Mike mentioned it. I was foaming at the mouth angry in the 2nd quarter of the game just screaming at the TV. He was getting raped left right and centre. Dobson's time will be soon. 

Protection issues need to get sorted out. If you're playing next to the GOAT Stanley Bryant and still struggling...

He did correct his game tho in the second half...but if he doesn't become consistent and reliable...yup I can see him becoming 6th again...we still need to see more league games...cause maybe Ottawa is quite good and hence why we had trouble...gotta see what they do to other teams....I still think tho Lapo will be there downfall...guy needs a set of onions and break away from his "formula"...hasn't really worked for 10+ yrs now...and don't go say he won a cup here...that wasn't on him or because of him...

Gotta look at the positive, cause why not.

We are 2 and 0 after sub par performances 

As bad as things looked last night, when push came to shove the 2 time champs stepped up and started making plays on both O and D. These guys know what it takes to win.

There are issues but there is no reason not to think the Canadian Trio and a bit of time won't fix it.

Edited by the watcher

Yup...agreed....in the crunch..they did what had to be done...sign of a champ

Not sure why on offence but we are barely involving demski and bailey...is that a ploy by buck...and then he mixes it up? Cause the first 2 games been very vanilla and plain Jane in terms of schemes 

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yup...agreed....in the crunch..they did what had to be done...sign of a champ

Not sure why on offence but we are barely involving demski and bailey...is that a ploy by buck...and then he mixes it up? Cause the first 2 games been very vanilla and plain Jane in terms of schemes 

Maybe keeping stuff in the bag for tougher opponents?  Just my theory.

39 minutes ago, Noeller said:

To be fair, Gray and the whole oline protected much better in the second half and gave Collaros plenty of time.  If Gray plays like he did in the first half we definitely have to consider a change there.

16 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Maybe keeping stuff in the bag for tougher opponents?  Just my theory.

Wondering...or just not letting anything diff on film for next couple opponents? Guess we will see

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The most lapoey games that ever lapoed.  March then field with long drives and kick field goals. Good enough to barely lose.

In a nutshell...how many games did we lose like that when he was HC here? Way too many...his script hasn't changed one bit

We need the hit man back...Alexander.....our d secondary looks weak.....700 yds passing by Canolaoil in two games and counting.....If it weren't for Jeffcoat putting pressure on their qb. ..I don't know if we win that one....Demski not involved in the play enough....Wolitarsky has gone missing....Geebus ...don't miss points after ...especially in a close one....Lots to improve on if there's to be a threepeat...We got to get on it

9 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

That’s why they are the Champs because even when they are not perfect you have to be. Masoli 700 yards in two games one TD. Collaros 400 yards 3 TD. 

Don’t forget the most important part… Collaros and the BB, 2 Ws… Masoli and the RBs, 2 Ls

10 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Two weeks in a row we expected to win while the redblacks hoped to win.

We're 2-0 and that's really what matters.

This is a perfect statement… our guys expect to win and go out and make plays when it matter most 

16 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Are the redblacks that much better or are we that much worse?

Two weeks in a row we stuff a 3rd down gamble in the 4th and win a game we probably shouldn't have.

Two weeks in a row we expected to win while the redblacks hoped to win.

We're 2-0 and that's really what matters.

This is what happens when you leave yourself signed in and walk away from your computer...