Jump to content

Week 2 - The Champs @ RedBlacks - GDT


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

And Sask...not to hate on them cause they the Riders but c'mon...Faj won't lead to promised land and they have squat behind him...

I agree about Faj, but the Riders have been finding ways to win for a few seasons now

MBT for the Argos is not that great either, but they had a good year in 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I thought LaPo was all dink and dunks though ,  now you say his O has a high amount of passing yards?     

What changed from his Offense from last season to this season?  It's almost like a certain change at QB made a world of difference in the yardage output ;D 

The most lapo play last night as I mentioned before was them doing a flea flicker and losing 15 yards when they had full momentum running a normal offense.  That was a Lapoey moment. 

What's the change? Lapo said he's letting Masoli have a huge say in the playbook because they haven't worked together before so he wants Masoli to be comfortable.

The offense we're seeing from them might be more Masoli than Lapo right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

What's the change? Lapo said he's letting Masoli have a huge say in the playbook because they haven't worked together before so he wants Masoli to be comfortable.

The offense we're seeing from them might be more Masoli than Lapo right now.

That's a crock.

It's the job of coaches to put them in situations where the players will succeed.  Can't say it's on Lapo when the QB dinks and dunks and on the player when he throws it deep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was a more aggressive lapo than usual, but I chalk it up to these being the most impo6games for Ottawa. Want to show off the offseason moves against the Champs in week one and then you get the home opener against the Champs who you probably felt you had a chance against the week prior. 

Ottawa wanted to win these games badly... and they still couldn't get the job done against a half assed performance by the Bombers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The way I've been thinking about is "You shot your shot, and you missed. That was the best you could give, and you still lost. They mouthed off (Hunter and The Open Book) , they (Darvin and Lapo) spoke of how important it was to show up the Bombers...." 

We were mediocre at best, and yiu still couldn't beat us. Keep on keepin' on, RBs.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bigg jay said:

What's the change? Lapo said he's letting Masoli have a huge say in the playbook because they haven't worked together before so he wants Masoli to be comfortable.

The offense we're seeing from them might be more Masoli than Lapo right now.

Nah we are seeing a QB who is mobile and who has the ability to throw on the run vs a qb who couldn't do either.    I'd say it's similar to how they ran it last year even when Caleb Evans and others took over.   Masoli is a dangerous guy when he can extend a play.      

What does look familiar though is poor clock management and a pretty dry running game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's wrong with the RedBlacks? They play defense like it's 1988 rather than concentrating on actual tackling. Hitting trying to injure receivers doesn't work in today's CFL & no matter what Ottawa thinks, it will never work. Period.

LaPo being LaPo with questionable play calls & poor clock management in both games. No matter what Massoli does he has a head coach on the sidelines who is the CFL's modern day version of Willy Loman. Players who like to yap for the sake of yapping (Money Hunter) on national TV of all places & then can't back it up on the field. Ottawa acting like they won 2 Grey Cups in a row when they haven't actually won a thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022-06-17 at 8:45 PM, Super Duper Negatron said:

I dont know....to my eye we are weaker at almost every position compared to last year.

In the CFL that's almost always the case in week one. Last season was a special year but we thought we were weaker in some areas. Especially the secondary. Last year we recruited tremendously well thanks partially to the XFL folding. Before Winnipeg started resting players Winnipeg was was on the most dominant teams in CFL history. The team has taken a step back in talent this year but could very well still be the best team in the league. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022-06-18 at 8:58 PM, Brandon said:

Nah we are seeing a QB who is mobile and who has the ability to throw on the run vs a qb who couldn't do either.    I'd say it's similar to how they ran it last year even when Caleb Evans and others took over.   Masoli is a dangerous guy when he can extend a play.      

What does look familiar though is poor clock management and a pretty dry running game. 

Yup the Bombers got way better and containing Masoli in the 2nd half....and the results showed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022-06-18 at 8:58 PM, Brandon said:

Nah we are seeing a QB who is mobile and who has the ability to throw on the run vs a qb who couldn't do either.    I'd say it's similar to how they ran it last year even when Caleb Evans and others took over.   Masoli is a dangerous guy when he can extend a play.      

What does look familiar though is poor clock management and a pretty dry running game. 

Plus the best release in the league. He’s the toughest qb in the league to sack. I can see pressure boiling over there though with inability to score tds and just dumb play calls at time. 
 

On 2022-06-19 at 11:55 AM, Colin Unger said:

In the CFL that's almost always the case in week one. Last season was a special year but we thought we were weaker in some areas. Especially the secondary. Last year we recruited tremendously well thanks partially to the XFL folding. Before Winnipeg started resting players Winnipeg was was on the most dominant teams in CFL history. The team has taken a step back in talent this year but could very well still be the best team in the league. 

I think it’s a mix of talent and experience lacking from last year. I think with experience this roster will get much better.  
 Buck has struggled play callling too. We haven’t seen any kind of rhythm from the offense yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...