2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

Looked back a bit at the neg list releases over the past couple season. Not many guys the mafia name have ended up here. Nichols, richmond, and JT hassel are the guys I see that we grabbed. I wouldnt be surprised if most of the guys we name are either guys we will drop shortly, guys who will sign soon, or guys who are long hauls. The mafia are notorious for keeping their cards close to their chest. 

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/12/17/cfl-reveals-list-10-negotiation-list-players-team-4/

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/08/15/cfl-reveals-list-10-negotiation-list-players-team-3/

https://www.cfl.ca/2021/09/09/10-players-unveiled-cfl-teams-negotiation-list/

https://www.cfl.ca/2021/12/21/10-players-revealed-cfl-teams-negotiation-list/

https://www.cfl.ca/2020/12/16/cfl-reveals-updated-negotiation-list-team/

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Cunningham is playing on TSN right now...

Cunningham is fun to watch. Electric with his leg and accurate with his passes.
 Strong is a ridiculous arm talent.  Like top 10 nfl first round quality. But like Robert marve his knee is a big question. He got serious money from the eagles as a priority udfa but doesn’t seem recovered enough yet as he was far from ready at the senior bowl. He’s not on a pr and isn’t likely to get a call till he proves he’s healthy. He’d be a fantastic get but I wouldn’t be surprised if he sits and tries to get healthy for next year. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Cunningham is fun to watch. Electric with his leg and accurate with his passes.
 Strong is a ridiculous arm talent.  Like top 10 nfl first round quality. But, like Robert Marve his knee is a big question. He got serious money from the eagles as a priority udfa but doesn’t seem recovered enough yet as he was far from ready at the senior bowl. He’s not on a pr and isn’t likely to get a call till he proves he’s healthy. He’d be a fantastic get but I wouldn’t be surprised if he sits and tries to get healthy for next year. 

Does look like he has the build of a pipe cleaner, though.

56 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

It does seem interesting that when players leave that joke franchise that they act decidedly less douchey.

I haven’t noticed him being his usual self as much. 

Yeah...he actually acts like a pro again...without all the after the play buffoonery...as a stop gap..and when all guys get off IR he could be a good depth piece.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-09-17 at 1:00 PM, Booch said:

Yeah...he actually acts like a pro again...without all the after the play buffoonery...as a stop gap..and when all guys get off IR he could be a good depth piece.

Nick Marshall is such a huge negative influence on the Riders defense. As far as gainey acting more like a pro, he'd look even more stupid with the act he had as a Rider on such a **** Elks team. Losing weak after weak must be humbling Gainey. I'd love to see Marshall go through it.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nick Marshall is such a huge negative influence on the Riders defense. As far as gainey acting more like a pro, he'd look even more stupid with the act he had as a Rider on such a **** Elks team. Losing weak after weak must be humbling Gainey. I'd love to see Marshall go through it.

He is lol

Interesting to consider that despite our defense having some holes this season, we've still given up the least points overall and the least points per game (and that's with us giving up a fumble recovery TD and a kick return TD in the last month).

28 minutes ago, O2L said:

Interesting to consider that despite our defense having some holes this season, we've still given up the least points overall and the least points per game (and that's with us giving up a fumble recovery TD and a kick return TD in the last month).

Give up some yards, but then get a turnover or make a big hit - and bob's your uncle.

I am going to assume the 3 players of the week will be:

Collaros 

Schoen

Adams Jr. 

not necessarily in that order. But hard to argue with a QB with 4 passing TDs, a WR with 125yrd and a TD and a QB with 305 and 2 TDs. 
In the running would be Demski with 2 TDs and 95 yards. I didn’t really see anyone on D on any team that would be worth mentioning. 

https://www.cfl.ca/2022/09/30/dalton-schoen-makes-bomber-history-with-11th-td-reception/

Id like to see where Scheon ranks on this lists when compared only to true rookies such as himself. Players like Tuttle and Dave Williams would not qualify as a rookie in today's CFL since they had dressed in NFL games prior. 

10 hours ago, Booch said:

Dan clarke gets them all....no? Lol

Looked to me like he had a screw loose. 

The riders biggest problem right now is their head coach. Zero accountability. He's afraid of his players. Constantly making excuses for them and clearly not in charge. If the bombers have a unproven 3rd string qb who gets a DUI i feel like he's instantly cut. The whole Marino situation. Dickenson finally states publicly that the team isn't very good and then he sheepishly apologizes to his his players and basically tells them its not true. And now you have a guy like Dan Clarke who should be told that he should retire for his own good. Some players need to be told. But Dickenson wouldn't have the courage to tell him. The riders have the talent to be better then they are. That receiving core should be something special at least on paper. The defense is also fine. If they brought in a coach who would keep the players accountable and signed Bo Levi Mitchell they could be pretty competitive. 

Edited by Colin Unger