2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

tonight,      elks redblacks cfl.ca:

"Caleb Evans started the game under centre in the team’s Week 9 loss, however Nick Arbucklereplace him in the third quarter of the game. Arbuckle completed 17 of his 23 attempts for 186 yards and two interceptions. Evans threw for 66 yards on 21 attempts with an interception."

which coach gets fired? Lapo, or Jones?

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

As ridiculous as this sounds, I think the reason Williams got fined and not Davis, is because he at the fan's nachos....... it wasn't the act of jumping into the crowd that was the offense. 

He was also “all in” which is different from scaling a wall

I think the CFL is understandably leery about that degree of interaction, after the Ticats/Argos debacle in last yrs playoffs. 

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

12 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

He was also “all in” which is different from scaling a wall

I think the CFL is understandably leery about that degree of interaction, after the Ticats/Argos debacle in last yrs playoffs. 

That may be it. Part of Edwards suspension agreement involved CFL acknowledging the role of separating fans and players. The rope between the seating and the players domain, the field, was violated. Astute observance! 

Edited by Rod Black

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Gretzky was never dirty. He had Semenko looking out for him. Gordie Howe was dirty. Bobby Clarke was dirty. 

I said whiny.  Crosby is the whiny/dirty.

Bobby Clarke is still one of my favourite players.  He knew he was dirty and he didn't whine about everything.

Crosby isn’t whiny or dirty. 
Just the best player of his era. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

As ridiculous as this sounds, I think the reason Williams got fined and not Davis, is because he at the fan's nachos....... it wasn't the act of jumping into the crowd that was the offense. 

It is too bad Davis didn’t get dropped on his butt. 

His claim to fame is a TD vulture. Way to go, Pal!

12 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Here's a picture of Davis jumping into the stands:

I actually agree with his point. Davis did more to antagonize fans than williams did. And Davis essentially forced fans to get physical with him. It has potential to go badly at the very least....I may also really enjoy seeing an opposing player (especially one of Davis' calibre...you know the 3rd string career backup who gets cocky cause he qb snuck a ball 2 yards) getting fined for mocking the bombers.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

I actually agree with his point. Davis did more to antagonize fans than williams did. And Davis essentially forced fans to get physical with him. It has potential to go badly at the very least....I may also really enjoy seeing an opposing player (especially one of Davis' calibre...you know the 3rd string career backup who gets cocky cause he qb snuck a ball 2 yards) getting fined for mocking the bombers.

I think the league forgot that he's still playing some how. He's in a blind spot like every db hes played against. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Elks are all in on Jones and have painted themselves into a corner.

Yep. Soo much money and titles that guy has they don;t have any flexibility. Really this is best case scenario for them though. If the team was fringe OK, Cui would have his hands tied trying to get rid of him in the off season. Now, he can tear down that front office and build it properly.  

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

I said whiny.  Crosby is the whiny/dirty.

Bobby Clarke is still one of my favourite players.  He knew he was dirty and he didn't whine about everything.

Imagine comparing Bobby Clarke to Sidney Crosby. Clarke was a dirty player and a rotten person. “We didn’t tell him to go get cancer, he got goofy on us” while Sidney is a class act. Weird take. 

8 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Imagine comparing Bobby Clarke to Sidney Crosby. Clarke was a dirty player and a rotten person. “We didn’t tell him to go get cancer, he got goofy on us” while Sidney is a class act. Weird take. 

Bobby Clarke might be the single biggest POS in the history of the NHL and that's saying something

16 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Guy sounds like a whiny never win Cryers fan who has been tormented by Crosby for 15 years. 

17 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

People like to call players like Crosby and mcdavid whiny because they expect the refs to call infractions against them. But the nhl won't do it because that's bad for fake parity

Exactly. They are supposed to just take abuse because other players have no way to keep up. 

They also lose it if they give back 1/10th of what they get. 

13 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Dude overcame Type 1 diabetes to become the best player of his time.  He never pretended to be an angel.

Best player of his time? My god 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

The Bombers should be allowed to jump into the stands in their own stadium. It is a unique thing here, and should not change.

Visiting players doing it is dumb 

The league has kind of painted itself into a corner here. If the rule is simply that the visiting team should avoid going into the home team’s stands, then the Williams fine os OK, but Dom Davis absolutely have been fined, even if the attempt was poor (the intent was totally there). And Williams was clearly celebrating with his team’s fans, in a special section with no threat to the opposing home town fans.

And in regard to the Argo Ti-Cat incident, it was the home team in it’s home stadium that fought with visiting fans. So either you make a blanket rule of “zero fan interaction of any kind” and things like the Bomber TD hop get banned, or you do a case by case basis based on observed threat, in which case the decisions on Williams and Davis both don’t make sense. 

So what does the league do next time a Rider jumps into his own home stands, eats nachos, gets fined, and rightfully says if that is a breach where is the Bomber fine for every TD celebration where they jump into the stands? Then the Hardrick Hop gets banned and this is why we can never have nice things. Or the Rider doesn’t get fined and where is the consistency? Especially when the league enjoyed the positive fan PR of the creative celebration and ran highlights of it on Twitter (since edited) and their website. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

15 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Exactly. They are supposed to just take abuse because other players have no way to keep up. 

They also lose it if they give back 1/10th of what they get. 

Best player of his time? My god 

How many guys win the Bill Masterton Trophy (1972) and then win 3 Hart Trophies (1973, 1975, 1976).  You do know what the Hart Trophy  is for, don't you?

The Hart Memorial Trophy, originally known as the Hart Trophy, is an annual award for the most valuable player in the National Hockey League 

Edited by Wideleft

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Do NOT compare McJesus and Palms Up Crosby pleeeeeeeeease...... Oi. 

Agreed, one has actually won something before. 

14 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

How many guys win the Bill Masterton Trophy (1972) and then win 3 Hart Trophies (1973, 1975, 1976).  You do know what the Hart Trophy  is for, don't you?

The Hart Memorial Trophy, originally known as the Hart Trophy, is an annual award for the most valuable player in the National Hockey League 

Do you know who Bobby Orr is? 

Give me a break 

11 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Agreed, one has actually won something before. 

Do you know who Bobby Orr is? 

Give me a break 

Bobby Orr was the guy who watched (from ice level, mind you) Clarke hoist the Stanley Cup in 1974, I believe.

Evidence:

clarkecup.jpg

Bobby Clarke of the Philadelphia Flyers smiles and winks after winning ...

Edited by Wideleft