2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm so torn on this Riders/Lions game..... I ******* hate the Riders (and, honestly, everything about that God-forsaken province) more than most, but I'm absolutely sick and tired of everyone jerking off Rourke and the Lions. Can they both completely implode and look like assholes this week? 

From a “which team do I dislike more” standpoint, if I have no favourite I just watch it unfold without cheering one way or the other. I always approach this type of game in terms of “what is best for the Bombers”. Right now, a Lion loss helps us more, so even if I am not openly rooting for them, a Rider win is the preferred outcome. 

As for Rourke, the media should absolutely be singing his praises. He is putting up numbers not seen since Doug Flutie, and a home-grown phenom at the sport’s most important position who is articulate and clean-cut and resurrecting a franchise who have struggled for a while is nothing but great for Canadian football. What’s not to like about it?

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

From a “which team do I dislike more” standpoint, if I have no favourite I just watch it unfold without cheering one way or the other. I always approach this type of game in terms of “what is best for the Bombers”. Right now, a Lion loss helps us more, so even if I am not openly rooting for them, a Rider win is the preferred outcome. 

As for Rourke, the media should absolutely be singing his praises. He is putting up numbers not seen since Doug Flutie, and a home-grown phenom at the sport’s most important position who is articulate and clean-cut and resurrecting a franchise who have struggled for a while is nothing but great for Canadian football. What’s not to like about it?

And he has shown zero inclination to be a jerk.  I didn't hate Gretzky or Crosby because they were good, I hated them because they were whiny and whiny/dirty respectively.

41 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Yeah I’m good with the Riders being reminded of how terrible they are.

Nobody here claimed AH didn’t test positive. 

Are Rider fans denying that he skipped the test, or just not bringing it up when they rip on Harris? Because I thought that was your complaint, and I don’t surf Riderfans so I would not know. 

43 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Rourke is freaking good. 

As the Bible says, "Though shalt not covet thy other team's quarterback".

Bo Levi on Rourke.

"Stop finding a reason to hate on the kid. Love him up and enjoy him while he’s here.”

I agree with that.  most football fans do.

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Rourke is as good as gone. We haven't seen a Canadian kid like this... ever? But, he played at a elite US HS program and a very well regarded college football program. 

He's been built for the modern NFL. 

And if by some miracle he isn't down South by December, the Lions will have to dismantle that receiving corp in order to redo his contract.

Edited by Wideleft

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm so torn on this Riders/Lions game..... I ******* hate the Riders (and, honestly, everything about that God-forsaken province) more than most, but I'm absolutely sick and tired of everyone jerking off Rourke and the Lions. Can they both completely implode and look like assholes this week? 

Kind of a weird standings situation IMO.  Sask isn't too far in the rear-view.  They win 3-4 in a row and they are fighting for 1st-2nd especially if those games are against BC and us.  Calgary is basically out of the picture unless they go on a run and beat BC at the end of September.

I'm interested to see how their D looks with all the guys back. 

I think the Bombers might want to start thinking like BC and having 3 imports on the line, get a look at Witt at center or guard.

31 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Are Rider fans denying that he skipped the test, or just not bringing it up when they rip on Harris? Because I thought that was your complaint, and I don’t surf Riderfans so I would not know. 

They don’t even acknowledge it and accept his explanation at face value. 

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

Rourke is as good as gone. We haven't seen a Canadian kid like this... ever? But, he played at a elite US HS program and a very well regarded college football program. 

He's been built for the modern NFL. 

Rourke probably will go but there's a good chance he comes back eventually if he can't make it beyond 3rd string backup.  Like a few talented CFL QB's before him, he might choose playing challenging football over bench warming.   It's fortunate he's been part of a successful season in BC and has had a taste of leading a team to multiple victories which can be addictive and with his skill level he will be reasonably well compensated if he decides to return.

6 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Rourke probably will go but there's a good chance he comes back eventually if he can't make it beyond 3rd string backup.  Like a few talented CFL QB's before him, he might choose playing challenging football over bench warming.   It's fortunate he's been part of a successful season in BC and has had a taste of leading a team to multiple victories which can be addictive and with his skill level he will be reasonably well compensated if he decides to return.

If he doesn't prove to be a useful NFL player his time as a 3rd stringer will expire in 2-3 years.  If he's at least a good backup he could be there until he's 40 making $5-$10 million USD a year, much more if he's a starter.

Look up Chase Daniel.  That guy has made $40 million over his career and he's thrown less passes in 15 years than Rourke has this season.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

41 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

If he doesn't prove to be a useful NFL player his time as a 3rd stringer will expire in 2-3 years.  If he's at least a good backup he could be there until he's 40 making $5-$10 million USD a year, much more if he's a starter.

Look up Chase Daniel.  That guy has made $40 million over his career and he's thrown less passes in 15 years than Rourke has this season.

41 million and counting for five starts in 13 years.

3 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

If Strevler can manage to stay in the NFL this long Rourke has a great shot of sticking around. I honestly think Rourke has a better skill set than Strev. 

No debate about that imo. That's a certainty. Love Strev but a spades a spade

Duke Williams gets fined for jumping into the stands in Edmonton and eating nachos with Rider fans after a TD. Seems silly but a violation of “security protocol”. So where is the fine for Dom Davis for jumping into the stands in Winnipeg to antagonize Bomber fans? More potentially explosive security situation there, no?

https://3downnation.com/2022/08/18/cfl-fines-riders-receiver-duke-williams-for-viral-nacho-eating-touchdown-celebration/

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Duke Williams gets fined for jumping into the stands in Edmonton and eating nachos with Rider fans after a TD. Seems silly but a violation of “security protocol”. So where is the fine for Dom Davis for jumping into the stands in Winnipeg to antagonize Bomber fans? More potentially explosive security situation there, no?

https://3downnation.com/2022/08/18/cfl-fines-riders-receiver-duke-williams-for-viral-nacho-eating-touchdown-celebration/

Here's a picture of Davis jumping into the stands:

5 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

If Strevler can manage to stay in the NFL this long Rourke has a great shot of sticking around. I honestly think Rourke has a better skill set than Strev. 

That's obvious.

2 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Here's a picture of Davis jumping into the stands:

Wah, wah, wah, waaaaaah...