2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

As much as I’d love to agree with you… this board has written off the riders the last two seasons and they proceeded to be 1st and 2nd in the west… of course they got knocked out by the bombers both years… but were still productive in the regular season

which basically means Jack....not a team built to finish

4 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

If the Elks pay him $300 then Harris is not going there…..

not on a discount for sure, and Walker prob wasn't cheap....and they re-upped Flex Wilder so don't see the mindset for a pricey National RB as well

Maybe thois frivalous spending by others will make Harris signing here at a discount his only option as I dont see where he may land now...BC has spent a ton..Ottawa has made a lot of moves and spent money...and resigned Powell...Standback and Jackson seem set in Hammer and Montreal, I think T.O likes their duo of Foster and White, and would need a back up Canadian to have in case your 25 yr old gets hurt....so whats that..WPG and may SSK?...

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

You can get a couple elite DBs for that price. 

How do we know that Jones wants Lawler as a WR

Just now, Booch said:

not on a discount for sure, and Walker prob wasn't cheap....and they re-upped Flex Wilder so don't see the mindset for a pricey National RB as well

Maybe thois frivalous spending by others will make Harris signing here at a discount his only option as I dont see where he may land now...BC has spent a ton..Ottawa has made a lot of moves and spent money...and resigned Powell...Standback and Jackson seem set in Hammer and Montreal, I think T.O likes their duo of Foster and White, and would need a back up Canadian to have in case your 25 yr old gets hurt....so whats that..WPG and may SSK?...

Think Walker was between 160 and 180k

3 minutes ago, Nolby said:

300k.....thanks Winnipeg but......Take the money man,we've got lots to offer but hard to turn down that kind of money.

yup....sign there for the yr..see how much it sucks to watch your boys 3peat....then come back at a reasonable offer...lol

I really want to know what the plan is for a backup QB in case Zach Collaros goes down.

Walters said they were "strong" on Sean McGuire who had a so-so game in poor weather in MTL. I think McGuire has been under-rated.

But if Bombers move on from McGuire, then who? David Watford? Isaac Harker? Maybe a Canuck like Michael O'Connor?

Edited by Doublezero

Just now, Booch said:

I could see BC and SSK as options still. IF Lawler goes to the Elks, BC will still have room for Harris and another NI rb like Thomas Erlingson. SSK still has Lafrance, so so they wouldn't need to sign a back up. I think Harris goes back to BC to finish up his career where it started. 

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I could see BC and SSK as options still. IF Lawler goes to the Elks, BC will still have room for Harris and another NI rb like Thomas Erlingson. SSK still has Lafrance, so so they wouldn't need to sign a back up. I think Harris goes back to BC to finish up his career where it started. 

bc doesnt have that much left....they really need to adress their dline...heck a lot of their defense...and that oline is garbage....

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

??? They don't need to have anything left until the end of the year. There is no FA salary cap.

then why are people saying we close to cap?....and u cant just sign way over the cap, because it's not the end of the season, you still have to account for it against your cap to budget your yr....and if a team cuts a whack of high salaried guys after training camp just to hoard them in FA...leaving them looking for scraps after all teams have allocated most their SMS...Good luck ever signing good guys again

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

They have to be operating under the assumption that the cap is getting a significant bump.

Most teams spent to the floor last year. This year they are spending to the cap. That iirc a bit over 1 million dollars difference. Bc is saving an extra half mil from Reilly too. 

Personally I think we will be ok at receiver.  Bailey is a larger role will be one of the league's leading receivers. Demski is really elevating as a pass catcher. Wolitarsky is solid. I think we need one free agent to replace Darvin. Ambles or Ellingson would be sufficient. And then you pencil in Kelvin Mcknight at the other starter and let the returning practice roster receivers from last year and a new crop compete with him. We've been down this path before. I wouldn't be against signing Brandon Banks at the right price to see if he's able to bounce back. He would have to show that he's still better than McKnight and crew.