2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

not liking the Adams for Ellingson swap if that the case in the least bit...not sure if it was a case he gave up there too...or he is on the downtrend...considering he is older too

If that the case I'd rather just run a rookie out there with Demski, Baily and Woli and throw that money at stove

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

not liking the Adams for Ellingson swap if that the case in the least bit...not sure if it was a case he gave up there too...or he is on the downtrend...considering he is older too

If that the case I'd rather just run a rookie out there with Demski, Baily and Woli and throw that money at stove

The QBs he had throwing him the ball were less than ideal. In spite of that, he still had a decent season.

27 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yes, I only meant that he was a vet and a leader on this team. I would take Lawler over him, obviously, but he can't be asking for too much, right? What's his market value now? 

Last I recall he got 150k a year but that was a while back I have no idea what he made in 21. 

I would say under 100k for sure. Walters doesn't like em but I'd do an incentive laden deal. If he regained his no1 production he should be paid as such. 

29 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Free agency starts tomorrow, it doesn’t end tomorrow. I can see Darvin being signed after the dust settles. 

Agree. Maybe he needs to see the lack of market for his services. I could see plop throwing him 80 to 100k though. 

14 minutes ago, Jesse said:

If there was money to spend, I'd rather have Adams than trying to run three RBs.

Borsa will be min and might be a pr guy. Seems like Harris might be gone. Gotta have atleast 2 nis and they require decent Pay. But if Harris comes back no contract is guaranteed you can easily trade Brady or augustine or cut one worst case. 

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

Aging receiver? That always works out well for us. 

Aging vet wr with a dip in production that's the only way we sign em. 

Though the one from bc and dressler worked out OK atleast. 

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

Ellingson is a big "meh". 

Be more interested in BJ Cunningham 

Am I taking crazy pills? What would be upsetting about swapping Adams for Ellingson?

I love me some Darvin, but Ellingson can still go. He had 68.7 yards per game last year with some absolute dogshit quarterbacking. Adams had around two thirds of that with league best QB play.

I would be happy to see us sign Ellingson. Ellingson, Bailey, Demski, Wolitarsky and a rookie like Agudosi or Blake Jackson? Sign me up.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Am I taking crazy pills? What would be upsetting about swapping Adams for Ellingson?

I love me some Darvin, but Ellingson can still go. He had 68.7 yards per game last year with some absolute dogshit quarterbacking. Adams had around two thirds of that with league best QB play.

I would be happy to see us sign Ellingson. Ellingson, Bailey, Demski, Wolitarsky and a rookie like Agudosi or Blake Jackson? Sign me up.

well....I hope it was a case of dogcrap play around him, rather than decline...if he is still legit 1000 yard threat then maybe it is a good swap....he seemed to lack superstation last yr tho...maybe it was just the meh of being there haha

1 minute ago, Booch said:

well....I hope it was a case of dogcrap play around him, rather than decline...if he is still legit 1000 yard threat then maybe it is a good swap....he seemed to lack superstation last yr tho...maybe it was just the meh of being there haha

I’d honestly rather have Ellingson than Derel Walker. Or pretty much anyone left. 

I was hoping to see us get Acklin or Weineke, and obviously I’m writing Lawler off and would rather we bring him back than any of them but yeah … I’m a fan of Ellingson. Dude was 8th in the league in receiving last year.

Wouldn’t be opposed to a dude like Josh Huff either

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

He is a winner that impacts the game in all aspects.

Yeah I know. A win/loss comparison between a starter and 2 back ups makes no sense is what I'm saying.

I love Darvin when he's on. But if we're going to be calling out guys for dogging it on other teams....im not sure why we skip over Darvin. There were plenty of times throughout his time here where the effort level struggled, and again I'm saying that as a huge fan of the guy, but he absolutely takes plays off.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’d honestly rather have Ellingson than Derel Walker. Or pretty much anyone left. 

I was hoping to see us get Acklin or Weineke, and obviously I’m writing Lawler off and would rather we bring him back than any of them but yeah … I’m a fan of Ellingson. Dude was 8th in the league in receiving last year.

Wouldn’t be opposed to a dude like Josh Huff either

yeah..Walker is a primadonna......Huff or Ambles would be a nice add, and still like RJ Harris.....or a Rhymes if he gets released...we will be alright....and like mentioned before...Like Jackson and Agudusi

yup....good for Kenny...but stupid spending

I'd rather keep our approach...smart balanced across the board spending to keep quality everywhere....as opposed to 2 stars on a roster surrounded by slugs....good luck to teams with that motto

Can't see lawler back now....oh well...we will survive

19 hours ago, Nolby said:

They've literally done nothing that opens my eye lids,they signed Duke but gave him a horrendous amount of cash. BC has now put Sask in the basement as far as I'm concerned.

As much as I’d love to agree with you… this board has written off the riders the last two seasons and they proceeded to be 1st and 2nd in the west… of course they got knocked out by the bombers both years… but were still productive in the regular season