2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

27 minutes ago, bearpants said:

As much as I’d love to agree with you… this board has written off the riders the last two seasons and they proceeded to be 1st and 2nd in the west… of course they got knocked out by the bombers both years… but were still productive in the regular season

You’re spitting into the wind trying to get this board to apply unbiased logic where the Riders are concerned, emotion fuels the large majority of opinion about them. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Most teams spent to the floor last year. This year they are spending to the cap. That iirc a bit over 1 million dollars difference. Bc is saving an extra half mil from Reilly too. 

That's great, but prior to covid, no one spent 300k on a receiver.

So it's fair to say that at a salary cap of 5.25 - no one is signing a receiver at 300k and I feel it's reasonable to assume that GMs expect the cap to be quite a bit larger than that.

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

who's the QB in Edm...Just Arbuckle right now....and their O-line is no hell...and their best just retired...and we all know how Chris Jones neglects the offensive side of the ball...good luck to Kenny

Usually if a deal seems to good to be true it probably is. 

Idk how teams and players are not learning from the Mike Reilly Deal. 

13 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

DAMN!! I didn't know he signed for that! I legit thought he was called the million dollar man because he got 1M lol. I also didn't realize he was a potential #1 pick in the NFL draft.

As a Cowboys fan, it worked out pretty well!! lol.

32 minutes ago, Booch said:

then why are people saying we close to cap?....and u cant just sign way over the cap, because it's not the end of the season, you still have to account for it against your cap to budget your yr....and if a team cuts a whack of high salaried guys after training camp just to hoard them in FA...leaving them looking for scraps after all teams have allocated most their SMS...Good luck ever signing good guys again

I know, they obvioulsy need to spend wisely. But they definitely also have a lot of room to play with. And I don't think Harris will command a huge salary. 

well....guess we will see how much was Harris...and how much was the O-line he played with.....how they gonna stomach not calling him Android anymore?...lol

I would never thought that...but maybe wants to be close to his kid if he cant sign here....poor guy...shoulda went out better than finishing there