2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

we can keep all 3 if we choose to...especially if we let Augustine walk, as Harris will be making significantly less, if he continues, and if he doesnt, then his 185k from last year easily re-ups Bailey and Lawler, and I assume Woli will be back on a similar deal as last year, with maybe slight bump...he as well is on his 3rd deal already.

Lawler...he will be up there, Lucky was highly over payed, and Burnham and Beggleton deals prove it especially as they are pure legit receivers, Lucky is still kind of a returner/turning into a receiver, so the deal he got was a bit of a good for him...but hmmmmm....

I see...165ish for kenny...maybe incentive for more if leads league again...and if he does, well then 2023 $$'s will be top of the tier. That being said, he keeps delaying and looks to try and exhaust all options until summer, then I see us going in different direction, and if he comes available...see what the numbers are and if it works....Walter's knows he can't be waiting all winter/spring or we will be shittoutta luck for any top number1 type guy

30 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I’ll be curious how quiet the board will get if we sign Duke. 

Pretty sure a lot of the players on the current roster aren't fans of Dukes... not sure he's a good fit for the bombers. + I'm not sold he's the receiver he's cracked up to be 

44 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

We can't sign Duke Williams, I have talke way too much **** about him. 

Lucky's deal seems to be an outlier, based on Burnham and Begelton, $165,000 seems the range for Lawler.

Yup...Whiteheads is head scratching..no way Lawler will command 30..40k more than Burnham or Beggleton....Eugene Lewis as well for that matter

26 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yup...Whiteheads is head scratching..no way Lawler will command 30..40k more than Burnham or Beggleton....Eugene Lewis as well for that matter

Does Lucky get extra for returning? I know I’m grasping at straws here, just trying to fathom that deal. Unless of course it was just the tremendous marketing he did by being at the GC here?

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

We can't sign Duke Williams, I have talke way too much **** about him. 

I’m sure that will be the deciding factor for Kyle Walters then. 😉

38 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Unless of course it was just the tremendous marketing he did by being at the GC here?

Are you suggesting he played the Bomber fans for suckers and only used us to leverage a better deal out of BC with no real desire to return here? 

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I’m sure that will be the deciding factor for Kyle Walters then. 😉

Are you suggesting he played the Bomber fans for suckers and only used us to leverage a better deal out of BC with no real desire to return here? 

I believe the Lions mgmt are the suckers in this scenario. If anything we were pawns in his plan. 

4 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Derek Taylor's show is worried Duke Williams is coming here.

Arash Madani also said DW almost came here last year. 

What are either of these things worth? Nothing.

I don't even know if I want Duke here,not at $240k. He's not better than Lawler,he's slower,maybe a better 50/50 guy but we can't lose Kenny as he's our burner.

20 hours ago, BBlink said:

Probably similar to when we signed Jefferson

Jefferson was a baller from the riders... not a face-spitting, eye-gouging, syrup- sucking, butterslapping, goat-******.

There is a difference. 

I would be really disappointed if he dressed in royal blue... 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

8 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Jefferson was a baller from the riders... not a face-spitting, eye-gouging, syrup- sucking, butterslapping, goatfucker.

There is a difference. 

I would be really disappointed if he dressed in royal blue... 

Oh no doubt there's a difference but we are talking about reaction. And I distinctly remember many members here were not happy with signing Jefferson because of his showboating and being a Rider

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Patriots announced that they have signed OL Drew Desjarlais to a future contract.

Desjarlais, 24, was drafted by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League in the first round (4th overall) in the 2019 draft out of Windsor. The 6-foot-2, 313-pounder, played in all 18 games with 10 starts during his first season. After the 2020 season was canceled, Desjarlais played in all 14 games during a shortened 2021 season and earned a West Division All-Star selection after helping the Blue Bombers win the Grey Cup.

50 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Oh no doubt there's a difference but we are talking about reaction. And I distinctly remember many members here were not happy with signing Jefferson because of his showboating and being a Rider

I definitely had mixed feelings at first, but damn that man knows how to appease a fanbase.

He also admits to being a little immature when he first came into the league and his wife and kids have had a large effect on him (as they tend to do).