2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

The Rose/Wilson play was more iconic but without Nichols deflection on that play we lose the game so I’m going to give some love to Nichols. Single coverage on the outside like that is almost impossible to cover but he made a tremendous game saving play on the ball. 

play of yr for sure

17 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I like Bailey and want him back, he's a great slot guy. But we really need Lawler back. He's the guy who can stretch the field and go up and make those contested catches.

go look at his college highligts and some his td's and long catches...dude can go get it...

50 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I like Bailey and want him back, he's a great slot guy. But we really need Lawler back. He's the guy who can stretch the field and go up and make those contested catches.

We need them all back. 

50 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I didn't realize but Lawler is 6'3, he's got size that we need to keep as well and for other obvious reasons.

Yeah but is he 250 lbs & runs a 4,4 fourty????

not neccesarily....Walters worked deals with what they deemed the first group of must signs...now is negotiating with group 2 of must signs...he needed to know what he had to work with SMS wise after the big guns got bumps...and basically all the big guns been re-upped save for Couture....the next lot are in the works now, and almost certain some done deals already...just finishing touches before announced....they may get a few guys a bit cheaper than expected,, allowing to bump up a guy a bit more...happens lots 

Edited by Booch

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

not neccesarily....Walters worked deals with what they deemed the first group of must signs...now is negotiating with group 2 of must signs...he needed to know what he had to work with SMS wise after the big guns got bumps...and basically all the big guns been re-upped save for Couture....the next lot are in the works now, and almost certain some done deals already...just finishing touches before announced....they may get a few guys a bit cheaper than expected,, allowing to bump up a guy a bit more...happens lots 

hope your right Booch, wearing out my "mouse"...  hope something breaks here this afternoon with some news of a signing or two... 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Surprised that Bailey isn't back already. Seemed like he was a Ride or Die, Bomber for Life. Alexander too. Or perhaps I am just impatient.

In his media availability, Walters made it seem like we couldn't bring our receivers back - he has an offer to Lawler, but he conceded that Bailey wanted a raise and Adams was a vet and something has to give.

23 minutes ago, Jesse said:

In his media availability, Walters made it seem like we couldn't bring our receivers back - he has an offer to Lawler, but he conceded that Bailey wanted a raise and Adams was a vet and something has to give.

said may be hard....Bailey will nedd a raise, thats a no brainer and expected as he came of an entry deal...it's not him demanding one, and yeah Adams being a vet...who actually restructured the previous yr, will likely need similar money, the hold up is Lawler, and what it will take to get him back, or if he is even available to come back if signed in NFL...

Bailey wont break bank here, or anywhere for that matter, he played well, and is appearing to break out, but really hasn't yet...he is a nice complimentary blood and guts guy to who we had last year. And If Burnham only got 165k...hard money..Bailey would likely be at least 30k under that.

Lawler then I think should slot around what Beggelton and Burnham got...160 would be a reasonable max...He has had one premiere season so far...lets see a trend now then look for top of league bucks....Walters also always plays media like that too....puts seeds in the heads of his own guys that money is getting tight...so if u squabble too much you may end up on outside looking in.

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

said may be hard....Bailey will nedd a raise, thats a no brainer and expected as he came of an entry deal...it's not him demanding one, and yeah Adams being a vet...who actually restructured the previous yr, will likely need similar money, the hold up is Lawler, and what it will take to get him back, or if he is even available to come back if signed in NFL...

Bailey wont break bank here, or anywhere for that matter, he played well, and is appearing to break out, but really hasn't yet...he is a nice complimentary blood and guts guy to who we had last year. And If Burnham only got 165k...hard money..Bailey would likely be at least 30k under that.

Lawler then I think should slot around what Beggelton and Burnham got...160 would be a reasonable max...He has had one premiere season so far...lets see a trend now then look for top of league bucks....Walters also always plays media like that too....puts seeds in the heads of his own guys that money is getting tight...so if u squabble too much you may end up on outside looking in.

I cant imagine you guys would lose all 3. I think it is reasonable to lose one guy. But my guess is you get two out of 3 or 1 and sign a veteran american like Wieneke. With his family in Minnesota  and the fact that his parents drive to every game you would think would make you guys the favorite if he leaves montreal. 

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think you’re underselling Lawler a bit. Unless he signs for a team friendly deal, his agent is probably asking for closer to 200 than 160.

Lucky already got it and Burnham’s deal has incentives to 180. 

If we’re able to bring back Lawler, I foresee us losing one or both of Bailey/Adams. If he moves on for a higher pay day, I’m sure we can bring back both.

48 minutes ago, Booch said:

Bailey should be going on to third contract. Not sure how much a raise he got last year when he signed his one year deal.