Early chat- Ticats vs Champs Grey Cup Thread

Nolby

14 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Read a couple pages of this... old threads can be fun/entertaining... seems like most people just didn't like that the Bombers had to throw in the 2nd round pick as a sweetener

Though it looks like @17to85 really, really hated the trade at the time :D

My favorite part is mid-thread when a heated Jade Etienne debate erupts lmfao.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Read a couple pages of this... old threads can be fun/entertaining... seems like most people just didn't like that the Bombers had to throw in the 2nd round pick as a sweetener

Though it looks like @17to85 really, really hated the trade at the time :D

I still think Neufeld is the weakest link on the OL.

I'd agree with the statement that RELATIVELY SPEAKING, Neufeld is the weakest link on that line, but that's because we have one of the CFL's all time greatest OL's right now, and that's no exaggeration. Neufeld being the "weak link" on this line still makes him a CFL All Star and an all time Bomber, as far as I'm concerned. 

15 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Hamilton is going to wear their dark uniforms, being at home I guess? You’d think they’d want to change it up after they were dominated wearing them in their last Grey Cup.

Banks could be 0-4 in Grey Cups after this weekend. Same goes for Cheap shot Lawrence. 

They probably care more about their "black out" thing.

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I still think Neufeld is the weakest link on the OL.

He sets a physical tone. I think as far as guards go he is upper tier. 

Him telling Bailey to not touch the trophy last week, followed by the look on Bailey's face was hilarious.

He is a legit leader in the locker room.

For those wondering about the draft picks in the Neufeld/Hall trade:

Sask took DL Dylan Ainsworth with the 2014 2nd round pick we gave.  He was primarily a special teamer and appears to have retired in 2017 due to illness in his family.

Wpg took RB Christophe Normand with the 2015 4th round pick we got back.

The Bombers did end up getting a 2nd round pick in 2014, selecting Jesse Briggs at 17th overall. They traded their 20th (which Sask used to pick Kicker, Johnny Mark) and 26th (which Sask used to pick WR Kristopher Bastien) for the 17th.

Edited by Wideleft

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Briggs by far the best of those picks....those Normand is still going in Ottawa (???) or maybe Montreal... I think.....

Normand has played 89 games in the league and all 14 this year with the Als.  Pretty much a special teamer, but a decent pick by the Bombers at the time.

https://en.montrealalouettes.com/players/christophe-normand/161497/

Edited by Wideleft