Tabbies @ Boatmen, Eastern Final

bluto

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's wasn't the language that was offensive, it was the suggestion that I can't see the league being run poorly and that I should be watching the NFL instead. I love the CFL but can still disagree with decisions being made by the leadership. The hubris. 

I said that it was an impossible situation created by MLSE/Argos.

Since they've already enforced this rule several times throughout the season, why not continue to enforce it? 

But, since Bell is making the decision because they own the league via TSN and own the Argos, you need to fine them heavily. 

I'm getting all the other teams on the phone. Unless you get unanimous consent to change the rule, you don't. I think most teams would see the value in the having a somewhat decent Argo team out there. 

Call the PA and get their approval. I would use part of the MLSE fine to reimburse the players that were suspended earlier in the year for their missed wages.

But, it doesn't matter what the outcome is, it still looks terrible on the league. And, that's the point. 

Thank you. I appreciate the thought out answer and it is hopefully the template they used. My overreaction was based on the “league is a joke “ comment. It is easy to criticize the CFL, but doing so without context or offering a better solution is very frustrating to me. I don’t see this as a CFL failure, it is an MLSE failure. I am fairly confident that if the league had just quietly not said anything then Dave Naylor (who tweeted the original story) would have been all too happy to jump all over the league for sweeping the incident under the table and call them out for poor leadership. And no matter what you get reporters like Masani spouting off “way to go, Randy” snide attacks that I feel are unwarranted. So when I hear “the league is a joke” but no possible solution and just a chance to throw stones, I get my back up. Unfair to take it out on you. 
I am concerned there is a real agenda by certain media and MLSE to do everything they can to pump up anything other than the CFL, and pounce every time something goes amiss, and again I don’t see any wrongdoing by the CFL in how the situation occurred. So in the circumstances I think they did the best they could. I sure hope they slap MLSE hard for this sanctioned player appearance that put the league in a tough spot. I think an exception for promoting the league is certainly justified here in altering the rules, and protecting the player from his team’s carelessness. 

Ambrosie did get the league back up after a year lost to the pandemic. Given the knife’s edge the league is on at the best of times, having a season operate after that unprecedented situation should be seen as a win, no matter how bumpy. And only postponing one game due to a COVID outbreak shows that the rules (for the most part) worked. Better than the NHL,MLB, or the NFL has been able to do with schedule alterations, anyway. This year is cling to the life raft and stay afloat time. Going forward, a better vision to grow is needed. Not sure that Ambrosie is the man for that task. It would be nice if the Commish was given actual power by the board of governors rather than being a puppet, which has been the case for what feels like forever (maybe since the Edmonton dynasty when Hugh Campbell was said to really be the one in charge instead of Jake Gaudaur). 

8 minutes ago, ddanger said:

So just to confirm, MBT and 4 other players go the basketball game, breaching covid rules. I assume all of them are now going to be able to play after quarantining for 2 days & nights?? And a bunch of tests?? 

You are correct. 

Will be sold out or close to it.

Not many of the Upper deck seats remaining. They're $62.50 each.

26 minutes ago, ddanger said:

So just to confirm, MBT and 4 other players go the basketball game, breaching covid rules. I assume all of them are now going to be able to play after quarantining for 2 days & nights?? And a bunch of tests?? 

4 Question marks... You seem surprised? 😲

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Then **** off and go watch the NFL. You sound like Naylor and Madani. 

Can I re-use my offensive post and re-direct it at these two clowns instead? Always ready to pounce and rip the league. How about pointing out all the flaws of their precious MLSE and their complete mismanagement of the Argos and this COVID breach situation? Oh no, because they want so badly for that corporation to get an NFL sniff and cover the “big league” that they ignore the utter disregard for any kind of money or marketing invested in the team they own to build a fan base, and throw stones at the CFL instead. 

Anyway, I want to apologize to JCon specifically and the entire board for my earlier post. It was uncalled for and not an acceptable comment in any way. I retract the statement but will not delete it as I should not pretend I did not say it and gloss over it. I am sorry. 

3 hours ago, JCon said:

The CFL has it's own travel rules, not related to Covid, that require the team to travel together. So, a player couldn't just drive to the game, as opposed to taking the team charter, in order to get around the Covid travel rules. 

Thing is that Hamilton will likely take a bus together to Toronto - They are unlikely to take a plane or train from Hamilton to Toronto.

Either way the CFL looks like an absolute joke with this.

This is a slap in the face to Ja’gared Davis, to Kenny Stafford, to Brendan Labatte, to any other players who have sacrificed because of these rules and to literally every other team in the CFL.

The rules to begin with were stupid. There’s no disputing that. The idea that MBT can’t go to a Raptors game but Willie Jefferson can do promotional appearances at a car dealership is a bad one. But they’re still the rules. To change them now is embarrassing and honestly, as much as Arash gets annoying sometimes with his constantly negative stance towards Ambrosie, he’s not far off the mark. Ambrosie is an absolute joke of a commissioner, easily the worst professional sports commissioner of my lifetime and the league will be better off once he’s gone. 

49 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Thing is that Hamilton will likely take a bus together to Toronto - They are unlikely to take a plane or train from Hamilton to Toronto.

I never suggested they would. I was merely pointing out the rule, which is a pre-Covid rule, I'm certain. 

3 hours ago, bluto said:

Will be sold out or close to it.

Not many of the Upper deck seats remaining. They're $62.50 each.

4 Question marks... You seem surprised? 😲

not to be a knob..But thankfully Hamilton is close by..I bet 50 percent of the crowd will be pro-ticat, but none the less..will be good to see...be a nice thing for a T.O football event

4 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Can I re-use my offensive post and re-direct it at these two clowns instead? Always ready to pounce and rip the league. How about pointing out all the flaws of their precious MLSE and their complete mismanagement of the Argos and this COVID breach situation? Oh no, because they want so badly for that corporation to get an NFL sniff and cover the “big league” that they ignore the utter disregard for any kind of money or marketing invested in the team they own to build a fan base, and throw stones at the CFL instead. 

Anyway, I want to apologize to JCon specifically and the entire board for my earlier post. It was uncalled for and not an acceptable comment in any way. I retract the statement but will not delete it as I should not pretend I did not say it and gloss over it. I am sorry. 

Arash's bosses own something like 30-40% of MLSE. Easier to be negative towards the CFL. 

5 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Ask @SpeedFlex27. 🙂

If memory serves me correct SF27 enjoys RA's scarf wearing.

Commissioner Randy Ambrosie says CFL draft still on for April 30 - TSN.ca

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Whoever Argo employee told Bethel-Thompson he had to go to the Raptors game should be fired. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

not to be a knob..But thankfully Hamilton is close by..I bet 50 percent of the crowd will be pro-ticat, but none the less..will be good to see...be a nice thing for a T.O football event

Absolutely. It would be great if the Argos can build on this. If they win then fantastic. If they lose at least be competitive & don't stink the joint out. A lot of distractions going on right now. Dinwiddie & his coaches have to get the team refocused & ready to play.