Tabbies @ Boatmen, Eastern Final

bluto

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

A fan of the CFL. If you think the league is such a joke, don’t watch it and leave the east of us to enjoy it. 

I think it's being run like a joke. And, I certainly don't need your trash opinion. 

Just now, bigg jay said:

That's hilarious, coming from the most condescending, holier-than-thou poster on this board.  😂

And then some. .

A fan of the CFL. If you think the league is such a joke, don’t watch it and leave the east of us to enjoy it. 

Did you hire someone to take a runny dump in your morning coffee the last few months or something?

It's like you go out of your way to start silly arguments on here lately.

20 minutes ago, JCon said:

I hope the TiCats signed off on this change (as well as the other teams) and that MLSE gets a heavy fine. 

That'll happen. 🙄

Also: Dexter McCoil, Charleston Hughes, Levi Noel and Jeff Richards were at the Raptor game with MBT.

Edited by bluto

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Ok, apologize for the language. Please tell me what a preferable outcome would have been to what the league decided, as I originally asked. 

Unsolicited piece of advice.  Allow some flexibility to some if all they want to do is blow off some steam when mickey mouse things like this happen. It's okay, most of us here love the CFL, grew up with it and want it to thrive.   

Ok, apologize for the language. Please tell me what a preferable outcome would have been to what the league decided, as I originally asked. 

It's wasn't the language that was offensive, it was the suggestion that I can't see the league being run poorly and that I should be watching the NFL instead. I love the CFL but can still disagree with decisions being made by the leadership. The hubris. 

I said that it was an impossible situation created by MLSE/Argos.

Since they've already enforced this rule several times throughout the season, why not continue to enforce it? 

But, since Bell is making the decision because they own the league via TSN and own the Argos, you need to fine them heavily. 

I'm getting all the other teams on the phone. Unless you get unanimous consent to change the rule, you don't. I think most teams would see the value in the having a somewhat decent Argo team out there. 

Call the PA and get their approval. I would use part of the MLSE fine to reimburse the players that were suspended earlier in the year for their missed wages.

But, it doesn't matter what the outcome is, it still looks terrible on the league. And, that's the point. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

...it still looks terrible on the league. And, that's the point. 

Exactly this. For a league that struggles with its branding, its reach, its financial health, and its overall appeal, this debacle reflects poorly on the CFL. What's worse is it's just another weapon in the arsenal of critics and detractors who dislike pretty much everything about the CFL, rip on it constantly, and want to see it fail. 

21 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Unsolicited piece of advice.  Allow some flexibility to some if all they want to do is blow off some steam when mickey mouse things like this happen. It's okay, most of us here love the CFL, grew up with it and want it to thrive.   

Truth.

The number of bizarro-world things that happen with this league? It's a wonder that it somehow manages.

Like, how many other pro sports leagues have made a regular habit of drafting room-temperature players in their annual entry draft?

It can be stupid. Especially in this town. The hated former-owner of the Leafs also owned the TiCats and used to promote TiCat tickets on the scoreboard at Leafs games! The annual challenge cup between the Argos and ******* is still named after that man (may he rot).

Embrace the wackiness.

EDIT: ******* is a synonym for "Cats" and ought not be censored.

Edited by bluto
Disagreement with swear filter... again.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Has Ambrosie ever done something right?

I think so. I think the rule that if you lie about your vax status, you're out of the league, was the right one. 

There's been some good stuff. 

But, overall, I think his leadership has been poor and, when the league needed leadership the most, we were left wanting.