Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

2 hours ago, Booch said:

it could have been a Rider practice ball as well he chucked after the fact...if the ball has a W on it and marked as an approved game day ball..then that would explain what ball was used, now the intent is the question..generally a celebratory ball is handed to a person in first row or two...or lightly tossed...further than that it's lofted up into the crowd....also...Highly doubt he was tossing a celebratory ball to a rival fan...in said rival fans home stadium..

Maybe it was a practice ball.

I thought each teams O had their own designated game balls and it was a penalty for the D to throw one of the opponent's balls into the stands?

57 minutes ago, Stretch said:

Wow, you have a lot of bridges for sale.

A lot of bridges in logic to cross.

1.The NHL and MLB clearly disagree that getting hit with a puck or ball is your fault because they have installed netting around the playing surface. Go tell the parents of the little girl who died in Columbus after getting hit by a puck that it was her fault. 

2. This was not a ball that went out of bounds during a live play. Horrible comparison in general.

3. Opposing teams rifling footballs at home fans is a recipe for disaster and can quickly escalate into a major problem. 

4. Believing Gainey or Purifoy are not exactly what is being described is hilarious.

5. If the tables were turned and fans were throwing **** these same people would be saying how criminal it is.

Edited by Geebrr

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

The desire to be a contrarian at all times, because somehow that makes you cooler or a better fan, to be different from the majority here? I just don't get that. 

I don’t disagree for the sake of disagreeing or to look cool or “be better”, I will disagree where I have an opinion and will explain it where necessary, even if it is a minority opinion. I also agree with a bunch of stuff here, so I am not disagreeing “at all times”. If you disagree with me on a topic, make your case and I will make mine. Simple as that. If my logic is flawed, I’m sure my error will be pointed out. If my reasoning holds up, but you just don’t like it because it differs from your opinion or pokes holes your argument, that’s not my problem, and it’s not because I think I am better or cooler or whatever characterization you want to dump on me. I don’t get my social validation from others on an anonymous fan board. I’m here to debate football topics with other fans. If there is no room for dissenting opinion, then have we become a clone of the Riderfan boards, which is what I am told they are all about?

But beyond all of that, why does my different opinion bother you so much? I don’t get that. If you want to discuss further or have it out or hurl insults or whatever, we can move this to the PMs so as not to derail the thread more. 

Peace out. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

A lot of bridges in logic to cross.

1.The NHL and MLB clearly disagree that getting hit with a puck or ball is your fault because they have installed netting around the playing surface. Go tell the parents of the little girl who died in Columbus after getting hit by a puck that it was her fault. 

2. This was not a ball that went out of bounds during a live play. Horrible comparison in general.

3. Opposing teams rifling footballs at home fans is a recipe for disaster and can quickly escalate into a major problem. 

4. Believing Gainey or Purifoy are not exactly what is being described is hilarious.

5. If the tables were turned and fans were throwing **** these same people would be saying how criminal it is.

They had to stop selling beer in cans in Saskatchewan after some unruly fans started hucking full beer cans at the Lions bench.  I am thinking that happened around 2008 or so?  Looked it up, yup...

Roughriders put lid on beer can sales

CBC News · Posted: Oct 02, 2008 10:22 AM CT | Last Updated: October 2, 2008

A beer-throwing incident has prompted the Saskatchewan Roughriders to halt the sale of beer in cans.

The decision, which will be effective at the next home game Friday night, was made after angry fans hurled beer cans at the B.C. Lions during a game two weeks ago. The shower of aluminum briefly led to Lions' players and coaches finding refuge on the playing field as opposed to their traditional sideline space.

Fans were reacting to what they believed to be a bad decision by the referee.

According to the team, 47 fans were ejected from the game for the unwelcome display of disaffection.

Team officials announced on Wednesday that the sale of beer in cans has been eliminated for fans in the east side stands of Mosaic Stadium, the home of the Roughriders.

Instead, Jim Hopson, president and CEO of the club, told reporters suds will now be served in plastic cups.

Roughriders put lid on beer can sales | CBC News

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

What's that saying??? "Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."  Fajardo signed up to play QB when he was a little tyke, so he knows all the attention that comes with the position.  He gobbles up all the love, attention and "feelgood" when he does well, but doesn't want to accept the criticism when he falls short.  Unfortunately "good enough" for him will not always be "good enough" for others, especially when being paid a large salary to perform a highly scrutinized job under the spotlight. 

He needs to learn to strap on a suit of armour if he expects to survive in a super competitive environment like professional football, where there can only be one winner, by default that makes everyone else a loser. As a leader of other men on the field all eyes are on him, so he needs to have the emotional and mental strength to deal with the responsibilities and pressures that come with the job, or opt out.  It's certainly not for everyone. 

Professional sports are not a good place for someone with poor ego-strength.

Was watching the replay of the 2019 Grey Cup this morning on TSN.  Although I've watched that game about 100 times I still couldn't take my eyes off the screen.  I had to watch until at least half time and see that Dane Evans sideline interview, which cracks me up every time, he looks like a frightened jack rabbit that just wants to go hide in a hole until the big bad wolf has gone away.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Was watching the replay of the 2019 Grey Cup this morning on TSN.  Although I've watched that game about 100 times I still couldn't take my eyes off the screen.  I had to watch until at least half time and see that Dane Evans sideline interview, which cracks me up every time, he looks like a frightened jack rabbit that just wants to go hide in a hole until the big bad wolf has gone away.

I had to rewind the the Hansen tackle 15 times in order to figure out where he came from.  As a bonus, I watched the tackle 15 times.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Gotta work tomorrow morning, but once I get home, it's off to YouTube for the 84, 88, 90 and then '19 games. Got a 60 pounder of Crown with my name on it....this is gonna be a TIME this weekend!!!!

Yeah...I think I gonna take in the 90 one myself tonight...as rewatched 2019 the other day...90 one is always a good one as I trained and played with many of the guys

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Rewatching the WF. That second interception ZC threw was thrown well. Adams had his man beat and was likely a perfect throw over his shoulder. But you can see the wind effect the ball as it suddenly drops and shifts east towards the sideline where it’s picked off. 

I also think he had pressure coming from behind his right shoulder and started his throw from the top and lost power because of that.

6 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

If you get hit with a ball or a puck for that matter in the stands, it's your own fault for not paying attention.

If you think the kid was the only one heckling, then then you may buy a bridge from me. 

If you think a player would get so annoyed about a mild heckle, then then you may buy a bridge from me. 

If you think a mouthy 17 year old is telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth, then then you may buy a bridge from me. 

If you're still thinking about the Riders this week, then they are living rent free in you head.

Baseball/hockey.....sure....I can understand where you're coming from. At a football game..? That's a bit of a stretch.

7 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

If you get hit with a ball or a puck for that matter in the stands, it's your own fault for not paying attention.

If you think the kid was the only one heckling, then then you may buy a bridge from me. 

If you think a player would get so annoyed about a mild heckle, then then you may buy a bridge from me. 

If you think a mouthy 17 year old is telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth, then then you may buy a bridge from me. 

If you're still thinking about the Riders this week, then they are living rent free in you head.

But what was she wearing?

There's no excuse for a professional football player targeting a fan in the stands with a football.  Lucky he didn't break someone's eye socket and get a medical insurance bill more than he's made in his CFL career.

The Riders really need to get some control back of their organization and sideline on gamedays.  Currently looking as poorly managed as the Argos, guess the Murphy stench still wafting.

9 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

False. Especially if the ball is not in play. A player projecting a ball into the crowd causing injury is an assault. 

11 hours ago, Rod Black said:

False. Especially if the ball is not in play. A player projecting a ball into the crowd causing injury is an assault. 

Keep your eye on the field and you won't have any trouble seeing if a ball is coming.

Everyone around here believes a mouthy 17 year old heckler that those dirty rotten Riders specifically targeted him instead of any of the other hecklers in the stands. I understand that he coulda got a broken nose from the frozen football. Musta been really scary for him. 

QC7IgpF.gif

8 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Keep your eye on the field and you won't have any trouble seeing if a ball is coming.

Everyone around here believes a mouthy 17 year old heckler that those dirty rotten Riders specifically targeted him instead of any of the other hecklers in the stands. I understand that he coulda got a broken nose from the frozen football. Musta been really scary for him. 

QC7IgpF.gif

Have you never been to a football game? 

It's honestly surprising how many times you say things that make you seem like you've never watched football before. 

He very well could have been watching the field of play....in your infinite wisdom have you forgotten how many footballs are used throughout a game? Or how big a field is...especially when sitting at field level?

And again no one thinks the 17yr old was the target...? Wtf are you talking about? If Gainey was targeting someone it would have been the guys that heckle players every game behind the visitors bench. Gainey just missed.

Edited by Bigblue204

45 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

QC7IgpF.gif

Simple to say and not realistic. People look at their phones, look at their neighbours, look at the scoreboard. I have actually seen people do all of these things at a game! In fact the event promoters provide enough going on to distract from a fixed gaze at the field. 

Edited by Rod Black