Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

15 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Cody Fajardo is human. The man is sensitive about criticism & it affects him. He's neither a robot without feeelings or evil just because he plays for the Riders,

We have some posters here (including myself) who have issues with mental health. We understand what it's like to suffer thru depression, anxiety & self doubt. I can sympathize with Fajardo feeling down about being criticized on social media. As usual, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Fajardo's not as great as some Rider fans would make him out to be but not as bad as some here say he is. To me, Fajardo's an above average qb who with the right personnel around him could qb the Riders to a GC victory.

He would be wise to go off social media altogether if he is negatively affected like he appears to be. I know this goes against the grain here but I'll never criticize anyone who is struggling like he was at that presser yesterday. 

Wise words to heed for all of us. Easier said than done, ie addiction to it. Maybe compromise by picking your spots on social media that bring good not pain.

10 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Football player makes a great play and throws the ball into the stands. Fan says it's cuz of the heckling he did and it could have broken his nose. Keyboard warriors use it as another excuse to whine about the Riders. Just another day at the forum.

Football player has great half of football. wants to be a good sport about it and high five's opponent's retina with finger.... High fived Player says it's cuz he is a douchehe and it was more akin to a eye gouge. Keyboard warriors use it as another excuse to whine about the Riders. Just another day at the forum.

21 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Football player makes a great play and throws the ball into the stands. Fan says it's cuz of the heckling he did and it could have broken his nose. Keyboard warriors use it as another excuse to whine about the Riders. Just another day at the forum.

Bet you would feel different if a fan threw a football at Gainey sitting on the bench.

Easy for you to say sitting from your couch every week not going to games.

Throwing **** at opposing fans is a good way to set off a bad scene.

Get it?

14 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Oh, Oh, Oh! ANother one,

Football player reenacts Dune scene by offering up spit, expecting Line Backer to reply “Thank you, D'haquille , for the gift of your body's moisture.”. LB says it's cuz of the douchey disrespect and generall assholeness. Keyboard warriors use it as another excuse to whine about the Riders. Just another day at the forum.

Forgive me if I don’t think this kid’s version is entirely 100% accurate. Slow news day and a reporter trying to make something bigger than it is. The tell for me is the “former make-a-wish kid with the heart problem”, which tries too hard to paint a mouthy 17 year old as Mother Teresa. No, players should not be tossing things into the stands, but I am skeptical that a 90mph fastball with a “frozen, rock hard nose breaking velocity football” was deliberately aimed at the kid’s head, no video of it (presumably came after the early Demski INT play, Gainey took the ball back to his bench), maybe flipped it into the stands. More likely a Kramer/Newman “he spit on me” complaint where they admit they poured beer on the true perpetrator in the bullpen earlier. Kid getting his 5 minutes of attention and a picture in the paper to my mind, and the paper using the Rider rivalry to play up an angle. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

30 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Did you read the article. It was in response to fans heckling them. Oh and it was not after the interception as the article mentions sidelines by the bench and I sit near the endzone where he made the interception. He did not throw the ball there.

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Did you read the article. It was in response to fans heckling them. Oh and it was not after the interception as the article mentions sidelines by the bench and I sit near the endzone where he made the interception. He did not throw the ball there.

Don't let facts confuse the issue. Keyboard warrior up top has made the conclusion and you're wrong. He knows because he knows all. 

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Actually, the article made no mention of where they were sitting or where the ball was thrown. All we know is “early in the first quarter” and is most likely after the Demski INT since that is when Gainey would have had his hands on the ball. What video there is does not show any throw into the stands, Gainey is holding the ball as he heads back to the bench. So heed your own advice if you say “did you read the article?” since your version of “it mentions sidelines by the bench” is not in there either. TBURG never said it was in the end zone himself. 

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Actually, the article made no mention of where they were sitting or where the ball was thrown. All we know is “early in the first quarter” and is most likely after the Demski INT since that is when Gainey would have had his hands on the ball. What video there is does not show any throw into the stands, Gainey is holding the ball as he heads back to the bench. So heed your own advice if you say “did you read the article?” since your version of “it mentions sidelines by the bench” is not in there either. TBURG never said it was in the end zone himself. 

Actually he said player makes a great play and throws the ball into the stands which indicates after the interception. I can tell you from sitting in that end zone, he did not throw the ball into the stands after the interception. 

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

if the legion Of Blue is who I think they are (the two dudes with the shoulder pads) they sit right behind the rider's bench in section 106. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

lol. I could see this being true if Gainey tossed the ball into the crowd like literally every other player - lobbing it high and far. That's typically what occurs. But that's not what happened. Those fans don't sit 15 rows up or even 10. They are in the first couple of rows right behind the bench. If Gainey was celebrating and whipped the ball, perhaps he was trying to throw it at the wall (and just missed) like some players do....i could believe that. But to say he was celebrating by chucking the ball (apparently hard) into the first 3 rows behind a bench is a bit of stretch, but also a very typical Tburg response.

Also should be mentioned that those fans are relentless (which I love) so I could absolutely see them getting under the skin of some players. It's happened in the past. Again, these guys are not row 5 and up. I believe they all sit within the first 3 rows directly behind the bench. I know because I watch them all game long from my seats and have for a few years now.

Edited by Bigblue204

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

lol. I could see this being true if Gainey tossed the ball into the crowd like literally every other player - lobbing it high and far. That's typically what occurs. But that's not what happened. Those fans don't sit 15 rows up or even 10. They are in the first couple of rows right behind the bench. If Gainey was celebrating and whipped the ball, perhaps he was trying to throw it at the wall (and just missed) like some players do....i could believe that. But to say he was celebrating by chucking the ball (apparently hard) into the first 3 rows behind a bench is a bit of stretch, but also a very typical Tburg response.

Wasn't there. Didn't see what happened. Attacks others who were. Exactly why the ignore list exists. 

No one really knows except those fans, anyone right beside them who witnessed it, the player, and the security guys who monitor all the cameras at the stadium. The whole place is monitored for fan misbehaviour, so if there is any traction to this story I am sure the club can find video of it and respond. I am not prepared to give the automatic benefit of the doubt to the fan in this case given their one-sided account. Heard versions of this type of story too many times be a nothing burger to accept it at face value with lots some independent verification. Just a vibe I got from the tone of the article. 

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

No one really knows except those fans, anyone right beside them who witnessed it, the player, and the security guys who monitor all the cameras at the stadium. The whole place is monitored for fan misbehaviour, so if there is any traction to this story I am sure the club can find video of it and respond. I am not prepared to give the automatic benefit of the doubt to the fan in this case given their one-sided account. Heard versions of this type of story too many times be a nothing burger to accept it at face value with lots some independent verification. Just a vibe I got from the tone of the article. 

Yeah the article definitely plays up the victim hood. I really hope Tony gave it to Gainey after catching it, cause I've played football with him (Tony) and his hands are suspect at best lol. So if he caught it, it couldn't have been too bad!! lol.

Saying that, there's no doubt in my mind that the ball would have been a rock. Anyone who thinks differently just needs to go outside today and toss a real football around a bit to find out.

Edited by Bigblue204

it could have been a Rider practice ball as well he chucked after the fact...if the ball has a W on it and marked as an approved game day ball..then that would explain what ball was used, now the intent is the question..generally a celebratory ball is handed to a person in first row or two...or lightly tossed...further than that it's lofted up into the crowd....also...Highly doubt he was tossing a celebratory ball to a rival fan...in said rival fans home stadium..

Players are in a no-win situation when it comes to fan interaction. Look at the post-game video of Toronto-Hamilton. Fans throwing beer at players, swearing, even throwing punches in one case, but once players go after them physically they will lose the argument in the court of public opinion every time. Players always have to defer to security and just get fans who are too abusive removed and never take it into their own hands. 

15 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

if the legion Of Blue is who I think they are (the two dudes with the shoulder pads) they sit right behind the rider's bench in section 106. 

Correct.  The guy who made the complaint is a well known fan.  He's the guy with the championship belt that Willie was wearing after GC 2019.