2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

87.2 efficiency rating right now is proof positive...midway point in the season is a good measuring stick...compared to 113.6....111.11... and 90.6 for Reilly, Zack and Adams who have played all games, MBT and Harris who have played 5 and 4 have 110.3 and 99.7, and Evans and Maier are at 101.7 and 99.4 (though only 3-4 games each)

Also that 7 TD to 8 INT ratio just validates it more...guys a back-up...cut and dried, And Duke is coming from a lousy BILL's camp where he was slowest guy there, and basically couldn't get open, he will be a nice toy but not take them anywhere they already haven't ventured to this year...

I believe his QB efficiency in his last 6 games of 2019 was hovering right around the 90 mark too after being well over 100 the first half of the season. Teams figured out that if you keep him in the pocket and don't let him beat you with his legs that he is toast. Contain and he is done. Every team knows it, and now he must succeed with a below average arm.

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

I missed the background on this but Arash is not pulling any punches. I guess Steele didn't either? 

Steele said the issues with the Elks starts at the top. And I think anyone who has been paying attention knows that to be true. 

Not surprising he was canned, but I think it speaks to what he was saying as well.

11 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Do you consider Darvin slow?  Even on his long TD's, it seems he always has to slow down to catch the ball.

He's a high 4.5 guy. It's pretty fringe speed. His field speed is a bit better than that number, similar to demski, but he'd be on the mid to slower end of imps on most any cfl wr core. He has a really well tuned stride.  He's clearly put a ton of work into it. He changes gears better than most any one. He uses the speed cut, and pressure step expertly. Like milt, he's maximized his physical tool set to an exceptional degree.  He doesnt have the quickness to make guys miss from a stand still (like blink), or the acceleration to gash through cut back lanes (like stokes), but his top gear is pretty good. With his ability to create cushion and his top gear, past the 40 yard mark, he can escape guys who are faster than him. 

He isnt a speed tool guy. He isnt a guy you could toss a screen to and watch him run away from the entire defense and score, or out run an angle with just speed. He isnt explosive and able to jump cut to make defenders look stupid. He's a smooth, crafty, professional wr.

If lucky had his polish and craftiness, (or if darvin had luckys speed tool) he'd be a pro bowl wr. 

Its kind of funny, we have such freak athletes at DB and on D, but at wr we look for a totally different package. the 5 fastest players on our team are all on defense. Kyrie probably out run all of our wrs in the 40. 

Grant is explosive with great acceleration and top end speed. But nick taylor is easily our fastest guy. He'd roast any of our wrs in a foot race. even grant. 

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

Steele said the issues with the Elks starts at the top. And I think anyone who has been paying attention knows that to be true. 

Not surprising he was canned, but I think it speaks to what he was saying as well.

Idk. On one hand I can kind of get why he was fired. But on the other, he doesnt work for the elk. In this situation steele comes off sympathetic for being honest and reporting the truth. The elk come off poorly but the radio station comes off smelling like a turd imo. 

CHED was 100% right to dump Steele. It's incredibly stupid say that kind of stuff on the team's regional broadcast. CHED can't afford to lose the broadcast rights and associated advertising dollars, with TSN 1260 right there. Nobody says you have to constantly be blowing smoke up the team's ass no matter what, but it's called being a professional...just keep the edgy stuff to yourself. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

CHED was 100% right to dump Steele. It's incredibly stupid say that kind of stuff on the team's regional broadcast. CHED can't afford to lose the broadcast rights and associated advertising dollars, with TSN 1260 right there. Nobody says you have to constantly be blowing smoke up the team's ass no matter what, but it's called being a professional...just keep the edgy stuff to yourself. 

I understand where you are coming from. But the edgy stuff is exactly what the CFL needs. The more headlines the better as far as I'm concerned.

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

https://3downnation.com/2021/10/02/the-arrow-point-directly-to-brock-elks-analyst-eddie-steele-believes-gm-sunderland-a-major-factor-in-teams-internal-strife/

23 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Haha and Eddie Steele is the problem 

What an absolute disgrace Sunderland is. Its been made fairly clear that the players hate him, and now its been made fairly clear that he is a all around POS human being. I fully expect him to be canned any day now.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The most confusing part of this article might be the first statement...

"Entering the season as many people’s Grey Cup favourites, the star-studded Edmonton Elks..."

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

The most confusing part of this article might be the first statement...

"Entering the season as many people’s Grey Cup favourites, the star-studded Edmonton Elks..."

yeah that one had me scratching my head as well.  What's next - "thought to be front-runners and shoo-ins to be the East's representative in the Grey Cup this year, the talent-rich RedBlacks have stumbled, for some reason.  It's really confusing".

Edited by kelownabomberfan

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

Completely disagree. They hired a former player for this analysis because he has ties to the team and give them the inside scoop because that's what people want to hear.

This is straight up censorship. Leveraging power to silence things you don't want to hear.

It's gross and I think less of the entire franchise. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Oh

My 

God

What  a POS

That ass hole has got to go. holy crap how was this not bigger news. 

3 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

QFT. the job of the media is not to pander to the team or step softly. its been rare, but a couple of times we've seen bob question the leadership of the organization in dark days. 

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

no media should ever sell out their integrity. have you seen some of the roasting local NFL affiliates dump on their teams and players? What he said isnt edgy at all.