2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

Williams biggest impact was going up and getting the long balls.... not sure he's the guy to go and chase down balls waaayyyy over thrown, and honestly what will he be able to do on those underthrown ones where the db is in position to make a pick? Take an offensive PI? Maybe, he got away with a lot last time, but that was more in the jump ball situations. 

Evans will make more of a difference for faj.

18 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Never going to complain about adding a 1,500 yard receiver. Our receiving core sans Evans has been… not great. Adding Evans and Williams adds two big threats through the air, as opposed to Picton who could still be blanketed by Davis Sanchez. 

If you are replacing Picton then you'll have to start a Canadian elsewhere. 

Edit: Nevermind it looks like Riders start more than the required amount. 

Edited by BBlink

32 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Never going to complain about adding a 1,500 yard receiver. Our receiving core sans Evans has been… not great. Adding Evans and Williams adds two big threats through the air, as opposed to Picton who could still be blanketed by Davis Sanchez. 

but how are you going to get the ball to these receivers? You still don't have a QB who can throw accurately, with any velocity, for more than 5-10yds....

16 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

I would rather play SK than Calgary in the west final personally. We match up better against their weak o-line.

Sask has to add double TE or an extra lineman to have a remote chance to make any sort of run.

Cam Jefferson leads the league in pressures given up, would like to see him fired to the moon ideally.

12 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

@greenrider55what's your take on your OL overall? Agree on Jefferson but Boyko isn't great either. None of them impress me to be honest.

The inside boys in Ferland, Clark, and Evan Johnson have worked well together thus far, interior pressure hasn’t been a big issue… but the edges have been rough. I’m going to hope they go with Lauderdale at LT who has been stout, but move Boyko to RT and get Jefferson out. Jefferson just doesn’t look like an athlete. Willie Jefferson would be a better RT right now (actually now that I say that Willie probably could jump on the OL and play fine)

My vote for Biggie is because MACK is the QB of the D. That job is so tough... Knowing everyone's assignment, calling out the plays etc... Not that DE isn't tough, but the MACK I feel is tougher... 

Edited by Noeller

Duke is a good pick up like I said... it isn't the missing piece that will put them over the top though.  They need two solid O-linemen and some help in the secondary.     Duke will bail out Fajardo on the short passes that is for sure. 

Play off time I way rather play Saskatchewan... I'm going to assume Maier takes over for BLM and that guy is far more dangerous this seasons  then Faj. 

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Duke is a good pick up like I said... it isn't the missing piece that will put them over the top though.  They need two solid O-linemen and some help in the secondary.     Duke will bail out Fajardo on the short passes that is for sure. 

Play off time I way rather play Saskatchewan... I'm going to assume Maier takes over for BLM and that guy is far more dangerous this seasons  then Faj. 

I don't agree about the Riders secondary. They are great. Legends in their own minds. 

Williams needs a certain type of QB to be successful. In Edmonton he had Reilly, who probably throws the most accurate deep ball in the league, or did at the time anyway. He was able to pinpoint back shoulder throws and comeback routes that allowed Duke to use his size to gain a big advantage. Duke is not a burner, or a receiver who even necessarily gets open on the long ball. Ball placement is paramount to his success on deep routes and that is not Cody Vaj's strong suit. 

One of the huge differences I see between Cody Faj 2019 and this year is that defences are keeping him in the pocket more and not letting him extend plays with his legs. Maas seems to be happy with turning him into a pocket passer and he loses everything that was dangerous about him because he is at best an average pocket passer.

20 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What gets me is that people actually consider Marshall good... like not only does the guy get beaten badly regularly he is is also very likely to give up 15 yards in a penalty at any moment. 

he's riding on the couple early success plays he had when he first came up, and his short yardage work on offence...guy is way over rated....same with Gainey...One good season there where he got 6 int's in a 3 game span and they were more of a case of poor throws thrown right at him