2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Who exactly is Ottawa spending money on?

I think its as much a thing of they couldnt pay most top FAs enough money to come play for them. Nichols is still getting starter money though. I think that D has some decent money, plus ward and leone. 

Saskatchewan Roughriders sign former NFL, CFL all-star receiver Duke Williams
October 4, 2021
By Justin Dunk
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have signed former NFL and CFL all-star receiver Duke Williams, per sources.

The connections on the current Riders football operations staff, offensive coordinator Jason Maas and assistant general manager Paul Jones helped draw Williams to the green and white. The best recruiter currently wearing Saskatchewan colours: Nick Marshall. He was his quarterback while the two were teammates at Auburn University.

Just now, Jpan85 said:

Would of loved Duke but the Bombers WR is so balanced right now. Seems we have two studs in Lawler and Demski and three guys who on any week can have a game plan that takes of advantage of them. 

I would still like to see us get a bully who can put the body on smaller defensive backs … basically Duke. It’s an element we are missing but it doesn’t prevent us from being the GC favorite and it doesn’t put the Riders over the top so whatever.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I would still like to see us get a bully who can put the body on smaller defensive backs … basically Duke. It’s an element we are missing but it doesn’t prevent us from being the GC favorite and it doesn’t put the Riders over the top so whatever.

He really is a perfect fit for us. Watch him come here next year.

20 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

This definitely makes the ssk O better. How much is still to be determined. Hope Cody starts hitting those deep balls cause he has no one else to blame now.

Sorry was that too harsh? Don't want to upset Cody on social media....

Cody can't throw a deep ball. In the first half of 2019 it was almost comical how his receivers were bailing him or how lucky he was getting with DBs tipping it right into his receivers hands etc. His luck ran out in the last half of 2019 and has stayed that way since. He chronically underthrows and overthrows receivers. Duke is going to find out that Cody will make him earn every catch he makes.