2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

15 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Williams needs a certain type of QB to be successful. In Edmonton he had Reilly, who probably throws the most accurate deep ball in the league, or did at the time anyway. He was able to pinpoint back shoulder throws and comeback routes that allowed Duke to use his size to gain a big advantage. Duke is not a burner, or a receiver who even necessarily gets open on the long ball. Ball placement is paramount to his success on deep routes and that is not Cody Vaj's strong suit. 

One of the huge differences I see between Cody Faj 2019 and this year is that defences are keeping him in the pocket more and not letting him extend plays with his legs. Maas seems to be happy with turning him into a pocket passer and he loses everything that was dangerous about him because he is at best an average pocket passer.

Yep. And faj is the exact opposite of what duke needs to succeed. After this 7 game stretch he may tell maas to lose his number lol. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

he's riding on the couple early success plays he had when he first came up, and his short yardage work on offence...guy is way over rated....same with Gainey...One good season there where he got 6 int's in a 3 game span and they were more of a case of poor throws thrown right at him

Its like kevin fogg. He was constatly johnny on the spot for fumbles, and loved to gamble for picks. But despite his speed got burned soo frequently. Getting rid of fogg and heath is when our secondary started to get good. The riders instead got married to those type of guys and are worse off for it.  

31 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yep. And faj is the exact opposite of what duke needs to succeed. After this 7 game stretch he may tell maas to lose his number lol. 

Its like kevin fogg. He was constatly johnny on the spot for fumbles, and loved to gamble for picks. But despite his speed got burned soo frequently. Getting rid of fogg and heath is when our secondary started to get good. The riders instead got married to those type of guys and are worse off for it.  

I thik the best of their bunch is Purifoy, but he is also one of the ring leaders of the Anti-Discipline Posse there....that combo of him, Edem, Gainey and Marshall are just a group of me first knobs..I feel sorry for the new guys they try to integrate there, as they see how they do it on field and follow along....basically learning the wrong way on how to be an on-field pro

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

I thik the best of their bunch is Purifoy, but he is also one of the ring leaders of the Anti-Discipline Posse there....that combo of him, Edem, Gainey and Marshall are just a group of me first knobs..I feel sorry for the new guys they try to integrate there, as they see how they do it on field and follow along....basically learning the wrong way on how to be an on-field pro

Probably right. Thought honestly I dont think any of them are particularly special. They wouldve been better off cutting one of them and who ever else it takes and bringing back moncrief. I think that big body hybrid sam is the future in the CFL. Id rather tear down and build from scratch than deal with any of their guys. You gotta rip out toxicity root and stem in a team situation. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Probably right. Thought honestly I dont think any of them are particularly special. They wouldve been better off cutting one of them and who ever else it takes and bringing back moncrief. I think that big body hybrid sam is the future in the CFL. Id rather tear down and build from scratch than deal with any of their guys. You gotta rip out toxicity root and stem in a team situation. 

God them not being able to bring back moncrief is just a huge fail. That guy is actually a good ******* player. 

Shane Ray is returning to the line up for the argos. The former first round nfl pick who was allegedly unblockable in camp but invisible in his only game played. He went right into the 6 game ir with a finger injury. 

Cordero law is healthy and is a 2nd stringer while Charleston Hughes is a 3rd stringer. 

3 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Because you can't or won't?

I use the Agree and Disagree a lot. Can't be more succinct than that and I think the Bombers are the best team in the league. Can't be more positive than that. If you want to go back (I can't be bothered), you'll see examples of both in the last week. To be clear... won't.

33 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Probably said the same thing the last time he signed in BC.

Dude is average. There is a reason nobody keeps him. Production doesn't equal pay.

Hes never maintained it but he's been a really good deep threat. He's like Chris brazzell

38 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Hes never maintained it but he's been a really good deep threat. He's like Chris brazzell

That is a good comparison, but he was mostly average.

This guy hss done far less than the vet we have waiting to get into games.

Posey is 31. How is he different than Kenny Stafford even?

Edited by Geebrr

On 2021-10-04 at 3:36 PM, BBlink said:

If you are replacing Picton then you'll have to start a Canadian elsewhere. 

Edit: Nevermind it looks like Riders start more than the required amount. 

yes you forgot about the "Playmaker Baker" in their receiving corp.

On 2021-10-04 at 12:04 PM, M.O.A.B. said:

Not that it's happening but Pierce and Collaros will make good use of Chris Matthews (31) to be honest.

for what exactly?  Knife practice?

10 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

What a weird season 2019 was. Chris Matthews gets stabbed, Nichols goes down, Harris gets suspended, the  meltdown in TO, the snow storm game, Gaitor leaving/kicked off the team, Collaros coming in. 

And that was just the regular season

Dude you forgot one of the weirdest things... We surrendered 21 points unanswered to MTL and choked the game away.... And clinched a playoff berth doing so. 

4 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Dude you forgot one of the weirdest things... We surrendered 21 points unanswered to MTL and choked the game away.... And clinched a playoff berth doing so. 

I knew I forgot something! Probably other stuff too.

FYI:

Dickenson also indicated that receiver Shaq Evans is expected to be out another three to four weeks as he recovers from a broken foot. He was originally hopeful that the star receiver would be ready to play following the bye week, but that now seems unlikely.

Edited by Geebrr