2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

more on the Elks/Moss thing via 3DN: 

The Elks issued the following statement on Wednesday afternoon:

The Elks categorically deny that any member of the club’s management requested that Joey no longer be part of the organization.

The Green and Gold cherished Joey’s presence around the team, and respect the important role he played with the organization for decades.

Joey Moss’ nephew Adam Walker also released the following statement through the team:

The Edmonton Elks always included Joey within the organization until the day he was no longer able to work. The Elks continue to support Joey and his legacy. The 50/50 in 2020 raised nearly half a million dollars for the Joey Moss Memorial Fund. This will be an annual event. The Elks have also hired two individuals from the Winnifred Steward Employment Program. They have been an outstanding organization and have always treated Joey with the highest respect.

31 minutes ago, Noeller said:

more on the Elks/Moss thing via 3DN: 

The Elks issued the following statement on Wednesday afternoon:

The Elks categorically deny that any member of the club’s management requested that Joey no longer be part of the organization.

The Green and Gold cherished Joey’s presence around the team, and respect the important role he played with the organization for decades.

Joey Moss’ nephew Adam Walker also released the following statement through the team:

The Edmonton Elks always included Joey within the organization until the day he was no longer able to work. The Elks continue to support Joey and his legacy. The 50/50 in 2020 raised nearly half a million dollars for the Joey Moss Memorial Fund. This will be an annual event. The Elks have also hired two individuals from the Winnifred Steward Employment Program. They have been an outstanding organization and have always treated Joey with the highest respect.

Changed the narrative a bit on that one.

Report says he was not allowed in the locker room. Whereas the Elks rebuttal states he wasn't asked to "no longer be a part of the organization".

It's not what they (Brock) were accused of. 

9 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Report says he was not allowed in the locker room. Whereas the Elks rebuttal states he wasn't asked to "no longer be a part of the organization".

This is true. The quote from the Nephew isn't damning at all either though. I'm sure we will never learn the truth...but something stinks in Edm and it's not the Elk ****.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Agree 100%

Exactly what you said, they were accusing Joey Moss of being a distraction to the team and banned from the locker room.

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

Completely disagree. They hired a former player for this analysis because he has ties to the team and give them the inside scoop because that's what people want to hear.

This is straight up censorship. Leveraging power to silence things you don't want to hear.

It's gross and I think less of the entire franchise. 

Almost has a Rider stench to it

https://3downnation.com/2021/10/07/cody-fajardo-spazzed-out-like-a-child-on-roughriders-sideline-and-apologized-for-it/

Damage control.

Duke doesn't seem like a guy that won't tell you that you are throwing shitty passes on the sidelines. 

So Fajardo has complained that refs don't think he is a big enough name to get calls, that social media hurts his feelings, and his receivers and game plan suck.

Second year is going strong.

30 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

https://3downnation.com/2021/10/07/cody-fajardo-spazzed-out-like-a-child-on-roughriders-sideline-and-apologized-for-it/

Damage control.

Duke doesn't seem like a guy that won't tell you that you are throwing shitty passes on the sidelines. 

So Fajardo has complained that refs don't think he is a big enough name to get calls, that social media hurts his feelings, and his receivers and game plan suck.

Went to a Buffalo Bills forum and looked what the fans were saying about Duke in camp. Wasn't much about him but one comment stood out. Take it with a grain of salt because it was a fan report from camp but apparently Duke appeared to be very slow compared to last year and completely out of shape. The comment was that the OL were getting downfield faster than Duke. This was from a poster that suggested he was a big Duke booster in 2020 and was very dismayed by his TC performance.

This falls in line with some other reports that were out there that he was not able to create any separation at all in camp and looked sluggish all camp. Wonder if the Riders did their due diligence on this.

Edited by GCn20

19 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Damage control.

I wonder if they kept a lot of BS with him bottled up last year, or if he just gets like this during skids. Either way he's way ahead on the poor mans casey printers progression map. "Hey coach I know weve been to 3 straight bowl games, but I want more throws so I can get to the NFL!" "uh, nah casey. This Ladainian tomlinson kid is pretty good, so we're gonna keep pounding the rock..."

39 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Damage control.

There's something about the way he carries himself...maybe I'm reading into it a bit too much. Seems like he almost has imposture syndrome or something. He gets very high and very low. Not necessarily a great thing for a QB.

yeah....u have to know what he said...and even subsequent "apology" will still not sit well or resonate well in locker room.

And to the Duke thing, be interesting to see what shape he in, and if he still has big play ability....seeming like possibly not, and fact he not gonna be there and available till after bye is intriguing as well...maybe trying to get in shape and heal the hamstring???

25 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Went to a Buffalo Bills forum and looked what the fans were saying about Duke in camp. Wasn't much about him but one comment stood out. Take it with a grain of salt because it was a fan report from camp but apparently Duke appeared to be very slow compared to last year and completely out of shape. The comment was that the OL were getting downfield faster than Duke. This was from a poster that suggested he was a big Duke booster in 2020 and was very dismayed by his TC performance.

This falls in line with some other reports that were out there that he was not able to create any separation at all in camp and looked sluggish all camp. Wonder if the Riders did their due diligence on this.

I've read he was too slow this year too. But, he did have a hamstring injury, so, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes, I think you need to play through injuries when you're a PR player and it didn't work out. 

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

I've read he was too slow this year too. But, he did have a hamstring injury, so, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes, I think you need to play through injuries when you're a PR player and it didn't work out. 

It wouldnt matter if he was faster than ever. No wr will fix a broken qb who cant throw 20 yards down the field. But it is messed up to hear he could be that reduced this year. 

42 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

There's something about the way he carries himself...maybe I'm reading into it a bit too much. Seems like he almost has imposture syndrome or something. He gets very high and very low. Not necessarily a great thing for a QB.

Everything went perfect last year until his injury

Real life is happening now snd we see who people are.

52 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I wonder if they kept a lot of BS with him bottled up last year, or if he just gets like this during skids. Either way he's way ahead on the poor mans casey printers progression map. "Hey coach I know weve been to 3 straight bowl games, but I want more throws so I can get to the NFL!" "uh, nah casey. This Ladainian tomlinson kid is pretty good, so we're gonna keep pounding the rock..."

One year of decent play and he is dropping the "do you know who I am?"  to the refs 

Just now, Geebrr said:

Everything went perfect last year until his injury

Real life is happening now snd we see who people are.

One year of decent play and he is dropping the "do you know who I am?"  to the refs 

I dont believe that some guys frequently get more calls than others in the CFL. The officials know who our DEs are, but they hardly ever get a holding call from the refs. Wr's dont get favoritism in PI, nor DBs get passes. 100% weak minded BS. 

Just now, Geebrr said:

Yup, agreed.

Insulting them is always a good plan too. 

This is a running QB who really likes to hit the deck head first with guys half a stride away and surprised he doesn't get some calls. 

He's like chris streveler, with no ***** heart. And no deep ball. Streveler played on a broken ankle and didnt complain. 

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He's like chris streveler, with no ***** heart. And no deep ball. Streveler played on a broken ankle and didnt complain. 

Streveler initiated contact though and was not really looking for calls. Unfortunately.

This guy bails at the last second where a defender basically has to enter the matrix to avoid him. I hate it.

Edited by Geebrr

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I dont believe that some guys frequently get more calls than others in the CFL. The officials know who our DEs are, but they hardly ever get a holding call from the refs. Wr's dont get favoritism in PI, nor DBs get passes. 100% weak minded BS. 

thats the excuse from a guy who just doesn't have it and is pulling at straws, or trying to make an excuse for poor play...again..career backup, always has been and is only starter there cause the Riders got hooped in 2019 free agency and couldn't land anyone, then Zack got hurt...much like their HC...Basically got the job by default as nobody else was available of any worth...and it shows as he has no real control of the inmates there

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Streveler initiated contact though and was not really looking for calls. Unfortunately.

This guy bails at the last second where a defender badically has to entervthe matrix to avoid him. I hate it.

and less talent

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He's like Chris Streveler... minus the Chris Streveler. No heart, no selflessness, no courage.

Fajardo's been exposed and he's not handling the adversity well at all.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

A hammy is not something you can play through as it significantly effects your ability to run and is something that will effect him until he can completely rest it for a few months really. I have not seen many players have hamstring problems and have success in the same calendar year. They usually need an offseason of rest and conditioning to get back to normal.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, Booch said:

thats the excuse from a guy who just doesn't have it and is pulling at straws, or trying to make an excuse for poor play...again..career backup, always has been and is only starter there cause the Riders got hooped in 2019 free agency and couldn't land anyone, then Zack got hurt...much like their HC...Basically got the job by default as nobody else was available of any worth...and it shows as he has no real control of the inmates there

and less talent

Yep. some one should buy him a copy of "leaders eat last" by simon sinek. Or just tell him to stop being a selfish child. w/e. 

Here, fifo serves as a check and balance system. If some ones ego got to big, itd be checked or they'd be replaced. ssk doesnt have that. In fact no other team in the league imo, has a winners culture.

Other teams can (but seldom are) out coach us, out athletic us, they could take away our run game, or pressure, but no team can out work or the bombers. Because every guy on the roster will do the little things to make their team mates better and work together in every aspect.