You all need to apologize to Paul LaPolice.

TrueBlue4ever

47 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'd take Reilly in a heart beat and he would easily put us over the edge. No way would I pin any blame on Reilly.

At his current salary, you'd have to trim substantial salary elsewhere on the roster. That contract comes at a cost: roster stability and a weaker supporting cast for that very QB.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

At his current salary, you'd have to trim substantial salary elsewhere on the roster. That contract comes at a cost: roster stability and a weaker supporting cast for that very QB.

His salary is way high but would you cut Nichols and Bighill and swap it out with Reilly and a cheap MLB?

2 minutes ago, Pigskin said:

Not one of Lapo best games. Strv17 up the middle was a dead horse he beat all night. Most of those plays took ZC8 off the field and gave him very difficult 2nd. down plays. 12 touches for AH33 just not enough for him to get going. 

Despite our win that was maybe the worst game called by LaPo this season. We all saw it. His playcalling nearly cost us the game. I agree he kept taking out Collaros, Strev kept failing on 1 st down,  then ZC had to go in on second & long & save the drive. It wasn't working yet he stubbornly stayed with it. It was crazy especially in the last couple of minutes when we needed to keep the ball & run out the clock.

18 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Despite our win that was maybe the worst game called by LaPo this season. We all saw it. His playcalling nearly cost us the game. I agree he kept taking out Collaros, Strev kept failing on 1 st down,  then ZC had to go in on second & long & save the drive. It wasn't working yet he stubbornly stayed with it. It was crazy especially in the last couple of minutes when we needed to keep the ball & run out the clock.

like i've been saying forever, the guy has absolutely zero in game situational awareness. I love Streveler, everyone here knows it, but the package with him was not working. Meanwhile Collaros was playing a phenomenal game. No reason at all to take him out just to waste a first down and put us behind the 8 ball. 

Collaros takes all the snaps we probably blow the Riders out handily. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

like i've been saying forever, the guy has absolutely zero in game situational awareness. I love Streveler, everyone here knows it, but the package with him was not working. Meanwhile Collaros was playing a phenomenal game. No reason at all to take him out just to waste a first down and put us behind the 8 ball. 

Especially the last 3 minutes of the game. 

I don't have to apologize to Lapo or even Hall for that matter, as I was never overly critical of them .  I was critical of OShea until this season because I saw him as too stubborn, not taking responsibility for mistakes and making some bonehead decisions during games.  This hasn't been the case recently except for his challenges, which are on borderline calls far too often.  

26 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Especially the last 3 minutes of the game. 

It was pretty clear that Streveler wasn’t a factor to the extent we would have liked. Collaros was the man today. For a quarterback, that’s been with the team for a month, he’s had amazing success. 
and in other truths, Epstein didn’t kill himself. 

Imagine your team intercepts the ball and return it to the opponents 36 yard line.  Here's your opportunity to put the game away and your OC pulls your #1 QB and puts in the second stringer.  Two plays later you're now at the 38 yard line and settle for a field goal and give the opponents another chance.

What OC would in his right mind do that? 

Would be nice to add some screen passes to our script.

Personally I hate those 2 yard out patterns where you know the hope is for YAC but it takes the ball so long to get out there that the defenders are there to make the tackle right away.  Plus we usually run that play for Demski and he is not a YAC guy unless he has open field.

22 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Would be nice to add some screen passes to our script.

Personally I hate those 2 yard out patterns where you know the hope is for YAC but it takes the ball so long to get out there that the defenders are there to make the tackle right away.  Plus we usually run that play for Demski and he is not a YAC guy unless he has open field.

I have no idea why this aspect has completely disappeared from LaPo's game plan.   This and play action.    We have the most dangerous running back in the league and we relegate him to blocking status.  A couple of bomber drives would have been sustained had we employed some version of this.   Even though LaPo forced Streveler into the game,  Streveler could be making those screen passes.   That would have kept Sask off guard.  All that said, we got the W and we're Grey Cup bound.

Maybe Zak is getting a few extra rests during the game because he isn't at 100% game shape yet...... it has been quite awhile since he has played any meaningful games never mind playoff games...... maybe all this is helping him stay calm cool and collected.....and it helps mess with other teams defences by letting Big Chris try a few things........ no mater what the reason though....it's working.

1 hour ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I have no idea why this aspect has completely disappeared from LaPo's game plan.   This and play action.    We have the most dangerous running back in the league and we relegate him to blocking status.  A couple of bomber drives would have been sustained had we employed some version of this.   Even though LaPo forced Streveler into the game,  Streveler could be making those screen passes.   That would have kept Sask off guard.  All that said, we got the W and we're Grey Cup bound.

Yet I cringe every time Streveler attempts a pass.  

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Those three or so times Streveler was out on first down... did any of them result in a positive net gain? That was some poor decision-making by the offensive coaching staff, particularly later in the game when the offense kept stalling on the second and longs.

That BS better not happen next Sunday. I'm all for LaPolice mixing up the playbook and keeping the opposition on its toes, but yesterday's CS17 Package seemed way too predictable.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Those three or so times Streveler was out on first down... did any of them result in a positive net gain? That was some poor decision-making by the offensive coaching staff, particularly later in the game when the offense kept stalling on the second and longs.

That BS better not happen next Sunday. I'm all for LaPolice mixing up the playbook and keeping the opposition on its toes, but yesterday's CS17 Package seemed way too predictable.

for an OC that never seems to go back to what is working, he sure went to the well way too many times with the Streveler run call...  there was absolutely no surprise as to what was going to happen... obvious as all hell...

37 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

for an OC that never seems to go back to what is working, he sure went to the well way too many times with the Streveler run call...  there was absolutely no surprise as to what was going to happen... obvious as all hell...

To physically abuse a mortally wounded equine, the run/pass option play works only so long as both the run and the pass are effective options. Streveler's passing was never a viable option in that game.

Edited by Tracker

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

To physically abuse a mortally wounded equine, the run/pass option play works only so long as both the run and the pass are effective options. Streveler's passing was never a viable option in that game.

Was it Adams (?)..   who if  he had been able to hang onto that throw by big Chris would have been nice...and possibly generated a bit of momentum at that point of the game....