You all need to apologize to Paul LaPolice.

TrueBlue4ever

14 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Brian Burnham and Eric Rodgers. Just two examples of top tier #1 receivers. They consistently make the difficult catches that extend drives. That's what you want in a #1 receiver. 

I guess you didn't bother looking at any numbers, either. 

Career reception %

Adams: 61.3%
Banks: 68.5%
Burnham: 66.7%
Ellingson: 67.0%
Posey: 61.5%
Rogers: 64.3%
Roosevelt: 66.2%
Sinopoli: 73.6%
Walker: 65.5%

For reference, SJ Green has a 56.4% reception percentage to this point in time. Bowman sits at 61.0% on his career.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Career reception %

For reference, SJ Green has a 56.4% reception percentage to this point in time. Bowman sits at 61.0% on his career.

Is that catches/targets?

If so that’s a pretty useless stat with no context.  A guy who gets 5 screen passes in a game will have hugely inflated numbers next to a guy like SJ Green who gets a lot of targets 20+ yards down the field.

look no further than the Calgary stable of receivers in regards to drops... they dropped so many balls in the last 2 games that we played them and I would bet cash money there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't sign the lot of them tomorrow if given the chance... we tend to remember the bad more so than the good at times... Darvin has dropped too many balls I will admit, some were hard catches, some not so hard... but, he seems to come through when needed, and that's worth something...

1 minute ago, 66 Chevelle said:

look no further than the Calgary stable of receivers in regards to drops... they dropped so many balls in the last 2 games that we played them and I would bet cash money there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't sign the lot of them tomorrow if given the chance... we tend to remember the bad more so than the good at times... Darvin has dropped too many balls I will admit, some were hard catches, some not so hard... but, he seems to come through when needed, and that's worth something...

Not sign Beggelton, Rogers & Brescasin? I think you're wrong there. A few weeks ago we had fans wanting to cut Darvin Adams. 

16 minutes ago, TheHypnoToad said:

Hope Lapo and Hall are gone both next year. Too inconsistent and predictable. Need some new blood in cfl OC and DCs

Hall? I agree the defence has had their ups and downs but the defence is just fine. No reason to get rid of Hall.

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

a guy who has dropped that many passes in the playoffs isn't amazing even if he did get a couple big catches. Sorry to tell you that. You ever remember Milt dropping that many passes? 

Adams is a complimentary receiver. good for a big play here and there but otherwise can't rely on the guy to make the clutch plays. He might make them, but you can't rely on it. 

Unless you only watch the highlight reels, then yeah amazing!

You can't compare Milt to Adams.  That's where people get a little confused, he isn't a Hall of Fame name but our best and most reliable.  He is our only consistent deep threat.  He makes more plays then he doesn't.  Quotes at mid 60% catch and that's decent.  People want the big name, the top guy but the way our offense runs, he fit in just fine and will give us a great chance at the cup.  You have to come to term that he isn't a top guy but very darn good.  Can't all be Milts.  They are expensive LOL.

1 minute ago, Dr Zaius said:

Also Adams is tough. Guy puts his head down and embraces contact and grinds for extra yards. 

I will question his catching ability all day, but I will never question his blocking. Darvin Adams is a beast blocking...

I don't, it's been painfully obvious he's been hamstrung by sub-par QB play. Weird how we started the season 5-0 with Matt and are now 3-0 with Collaros at the helm 😉.

I think you should all be apologizing to me, everyone who have bullied me saying Collaros would never play for the Bombers, and the people who said Streveler is a better QB than Collaros and Nichols.

Absolutely ridiculous statements, shows you how blind half of the folks on this forum are.

Edited by Nickthesizz

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Career reception %

While stats can make your point or opinion look correct.  I base my opinion on watching every CFL game (minus 10 that I missed while on vacation) and I see many receivers on the list above that are better play makers than Adams.  Don't get me wrong I like Adams but he's not shown he's a #1 receiver yet.  

Ellingson is a perfect example of a receiver that makes the contested catch more often than not.  Is he more skilled than Adams?  I don't think so but Ellingson for lack of a better term, tries harder to make the catch.  He also times his high point to perfection.  

So yes I stand by my opinion

1 hour ago, Mandalorian said:

This is all cute and all how you guys are ripping your OC for some bad play calls...how about the Riders and Bombers make a straight up trade for OC's and let's call it a day?? 😉

done. 

mcadoo actually builds around what his players can do. lapo does what lapo does regardless. 

1 minute ago, Mick said:

You actually want the guy who designed the plays Sask ran in our red zone on Sunday?  The guy who did NOT give the ball to Powell for a one yard plunge to win the game?    Sorry.  Lapo may not be perfect but I'd keep him a hundred times over McAdooDoo.

Don't get beat at the line of scrimmage next time.

Oh **** I forgot, there is no next time....