You all need to apologize to Paul LaPolice.

TrueBlue4ever

10 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Was it Adams (?)..   who if  he had been able to hang onto that throw by big Chris would have been nice...and possibly generated a bit of momentum at that point of the game....

For some strange reason Adams has dropped big passes (impactful passes that were on target) from CS multiple times this season... strange from a receiver who is generally pretty consistent with his hands.

30 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

For some strange reason Adams has dropped big passes (impactful passes that were on target) from CS multiple times this season... strange from a receiver who is generally pretty consistent with his hands.

Not really, adams has always been a guy who runs hot n cold. Had 2 drops last night plus one off his finger tips. You can go back through all of his time here and see talk of if he can be a no1 wr or if he is a real one with the disappearances and dropsies. Hes not all the way into adarius bowman territory but he isnt far off. 

1 hour ago, 66 Chevelle said:

for an OC that never seems to go back to what is working, he sure went to the well way too many times with the Streveler run call...  there was absolutely no surprise as to what was going to happen... obvious as all hell...

Strevler up the middle, or harris up the middle. The B gap is as close to the tackle as any run play harris sees. We fake the power sweep and such but thats it. If we ran sweep, stretch, off tackle stuff or even counter trap harris would have busted some huge gains last night. 

Idk if streveler or plop is the problem with the option package. Streveler sure doesnt read or execute the option well. But I doubt hes being coached on it well enough. I dont think plop has much of any experience in a strong run option offense. If we could get just one option play working well itd be a huge difference maker. Inside zone read would be great, midline option, or even just a plain old shovel pass would be deadly. 

Streveler’s a weapon, but you have to give him all the ammunition. 
Everybody saw how effective Streveler was in the Calgary game. That includes the Sask. DC.

So, what do we do, give them the same looks..but run the same plays. DUH.

I thought for sure we’ve give them those looks and run some options off them. You know, to deceive them. Throw them off.

Why not roll him out..for the run, or option, or even a short pass over the LBs.. 

On the first play of the game, when we didn’t run the ball up the gut as usual, I thought we were going to have a diverse attack. And it wasn’t too bad, but the Streveler packages neutered a potentially huge part of our offence. They were ready for him. And yet, time and time again...up the middle with Streveler. 
Not smart football.

We’ll have to do better than that on Sunday. And we’re oh so capable of doing better..

Just Nike it..

33 minutes ago, Pigskin said:

Yes, Mr. Adams dropped a couple of passes again yesterday. However he also came up with a few beauties. 

He makes his catches more often than he doesn't. He's got a 62.5% reception percentage since joining the Bombers and his 68.1% this season is a personal best. He's 6-for-14 so far in the playoffs but he's managed 198 yards on those 6 catches. His chemistry with Collaros has been noticeable, so here's hoping they can build off that for the big game.

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

He makes his catches more often than he doesn't. He's got a 62.5% reception percentage since joining the Bombers and his 68.1% this season is a personal best. He's 6-for-14 so far in the playoffs but he's managed 198 yards on those 6 catches. His chemistry with Collaros has been noticeable, so here's hoping they can build off that for the big game.

That isnt a good percentage though. Bowmans years in edmonton averaged 70%....

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

How is it not a good percentage? The difference between Adams and Bowman is literally less than 8 receptions made for every 100 pass attempts made. That's getting into pretty nitpicky territory, IMO.

Consider the fact Bowman had Reilly throwing to him in Edmonton, too.

36 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

How is it not a good percentage? The difference between Adams and Bowman is literally less than 8 receptions made for every 100 pass attempts made. That's getting into pretty nitpicky territory, IMO.

Consider the fact Bowman had Reilly throwing to him in Edmonton, too.

The anti Adams crowd makes no sense when they criticize him.  Our best receiver and most potent weapon is well under appreciated by some.  I have always enjoyed Adams in his time here and he will shine bright on Sunday.  LETS GO BOMBERS!

Edited by bluebeliever

18 minutes ago, bluebeliever said:

The anti Adams crowd makes no sense when they criticize him.  Our best receiver and most potent weapon is well under appreciated by some.  I have always enjoyed Adams in his time here and he will shine bright on Sunday.  LETS GO BOMBERS!

Low bar. 

Adams has killed several drives dropping passes in the playoffs. Yes we can celebrate his big plays, but the guy is inconsistent and I have said for a while if he's your best receiver you need help at the position. He'd be a great #3 option at receiver though. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Low bar. 

Adams has killed several drives dropping passes in the playoffs. Yes we can celebrate his big plays, but the guy is inconsistent and I have said for a while if he's your best receiver you need help at the position. He'd be a great #3 option at receiver though. 

Inconsistent right, I hate 1000 yard receivers???? Yes he isn't a a top receiver but you don't see that we have preformed very well by spreading the ball out.  If we would have signed a top receiver it would have hurt more than helped b/c they were too expensive.  

Yes all players drop balls and he has done amazing as of late and we wouldn't be in the GC without him.

Edited by bluebeliever

9 hours ago, wbbfan said:

You forget that Bowman was well known for dropping a couple of easy passes almost every game and yet it didn't phase Reilly, he just kept throwing to  him.   Darvin may occasionally drop balls but they would  usually be considered more difficult receptions.  In Darvin's voice "You think this job is easy....fat man?".

In terms of the way the offence was run as a whole (pre-Collaros) you could probably have Speedy Banks out there and he would look relatively average with very few touches. Collaros comes in and now we see Adams and Demski’s games elevated—that’s because we have a proper quarterback airing it out to them. None of this timid pass offense that we’ve shown the vast majority of the season. IMO Adams is a bonafide 1000 receiver on any other team in the league this season.  

9 hours ago, bluebeliever said:

Inconsistent right, I hate 1000 yard receivers???? Yes he isn't a a top receiver but you don't see that we have preformed very well by spreading the ball out.  If we would have signed a top receiver it would have hurt more than helped b/c they were too expensive.  

Yes all players drop balls and he has done amazing as of late and we wouldn't be in the GC without him.

a guy who has dropped that many passes in the playoffs isn't amazing even if he did get a couple big catches. Sorry to tell you that. You ever remember Milt dropping that many passes? 

Adams is a complimentary receiver. good for a big play here and there but otherwise can't rely on the guy to make the clutch plays. He might make them, but you can't rely on it. 

Unless you only watch the highlight reels, then yeah amazing!

9 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Low bar. 

What BS. I bet you didn't even bother to look up any actual numbers before spouting that nonsense.

2016 vs. BC: 3/7, 43 yards (Of those two incompletions, two were knocked down and the other two resulted in penalties against the opponent, thus extending the drive.)
2017: didn't play (he was injured in week 17)
2018 vs. SK: 3/5, 29 yards; vs. CGY: 5/9, 64 yards (Adams deserves blame for his drops but you seem to ignore a QB who struggled to move the ball in that game and went 15/32 passing, as well as an OC who didn't put together much of a gameplan.)

So, what "several drives" have been killed in the playoffs by Adams' drops?

2 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

If you want to be considered a top #1 receiver.  You have to show consistency and make the contested catch.  IMO Lawler shows more potential. 

Ridiculous comparison. Adams has established himself in the CFL, so there's no potential for him to show; it's already been realized. Lawler is still in the midst of realizing his, so you're comparison apples and oranges.

What a weird time for an unwarranted dump fest considering how well Adams has played since the team addressed the QB position last month.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

now do this year... guy has dropped as many as he's caught I'll bet.

And I'll bet you're still out to lunch. Adams has been the team's best receiver in the playoffs thus far.

WSF vs. CGY: 2/6, 105 yards, 1 TD (Of those four incompletions, two were knocked down and one resulted in a penalty that extended the drive.)
WF vs. SSK: 4/8, 93 yards (Of those four incompletions, one resulted in a penalty that extended the drive.)

Even if those other incompletions are 100% his fault (which is giving your irrational argument the benefit of the doubt), that's four drops. And six completions.

Again, I don't understand this dump fest on Adams. Especially when the numbers fly in the face of it.

that's a lot of drops for a guy at this level. I feel like i'm taking crazy pills. Receivers jobs are to catch the ball! I mean **** saskatchewan was catching knocked down passes! That's the kind of effort you need from receivers. Catch the catchable ones and a few of the uncatchable ones. That's what true #1 receivers do. 

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

What BS. I bet you didn't even bother to look up any actual numbers before spouting that nonsense.

2016 vs. BC: 3/7, 43 yards (Of those two incompletions, two were knocked down and the other two resulted in penalties against the opponent, thus extending the drive.)
2017: didn't play (he was injured in week 17)
2018 vs. SK: 3/5, 29 yards; vs. CGY: 5/9, 64 yards (Adams deserves blame for his drops but you seem to ignore a QB who struggled to move the ball in that game and went 15/32 passing, as well as an OC who didn't put together much of a gameplan.)

So, what "several drives" have been killed in the playoffs by Adams' drops?

Ridiculous comparison. Adams has established himself in the CFL, so there's no potential for him to show; it's already been realized. Lawler is still in the midst of realizing his, so you're comparison apples and oranges.

What a weird time for an unwarranted dump fest considering how well Adams has played since the team addressed the QB position last month.

Brian Burnham and Eric Rodgers. Just two examples of top tier #1 receivers. They consistently make the difficult catches that extend drives. That's what you want in a #1 receiver. 

I wasn't comparing Adams and Lawler.  I just said that one showed more potential than the other.