Bombers acquire Zach Collaros

Mike

• 2 years later...
On 2019-10-09 at 3:36 PM, White Out said:

This is a gamble I can get behind. We had to. Nichols is not coming back, and Streveler is not a CFL Qb. You cant just throw away a whole season when you can gamble on ZC. Tape him up, give him extra padding in his helmet ,and pray to christ he can do something on offence. People jumping in with their negativity need to pipe down.

Oh man this take of mine was ******* hot af

On 2019-10-09 at 4:33 PM, trueBlue83 said:

I guess I'll continue my planning of the parade!   The saviour is on his way!  

You knew along!!! Lol

On 2019-10-09 at 4:46 PM, TBURGESS said:

What's the over/under of Collaros lasting a full game? 6 plays? 7? More or less?

Yup... I hate this trade, not for what we gave up, but for what we got in return. I'd rather have Franklin, Jennings, even Bridge as the backup to Streveler and yes I know none of them are any good, but they can all last a game or two if needed.

Classic

On 2019-10-09 at 5:57 PM, Bigblue204 said:

This isn't a shot at McGuire. Guy has never taken a meaningful snap and Streveler is 1 hit away from being done. And if you haven't been paying attention, in Strevelers last 3 games, hes taken huge hits while sitting in the pocket. This is decent insurance. If Streveler goes down against the Stamps, there no qbs available....period. 

I dont love this pick up but dont hate it either. Didnt really give anything up. But would have preferred MBT.

If Collaros is announced as a starter in any of the remaining games, something is very wrong.

I thought I was free until those last 2 sentences lol

13 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You knew along!!! Lol

Classic

Yup, I hated the trade at the time, because I didn't think Collaros would last more than a game.

Turned out that Collaros is the difference between mid-tier and dominant. I'll happily say I was wrong about Collaros.

I think the view of this trade around the league was one of good insurance but from a place of desperation. I don’t think any one saw us getting an mop in this trade even the mafia. 

I was thinking about it last night actually. If we had picked up collaros to start the 2018 season and he performed like he has since taking over the starters role, do we win that grey cup too? If we had him in 17 how far do we go? 
 Also if we had Masoli instead of collaros as we often pursued him do we win any cups? 

On 2019-10-09 at 4:25 PM, JCon said:

That's one word for it...

I get that it's insurance but the guy is not going to play. Can't play. What did we pay for the right to have Collaros hold a clipboard while standing in a bubble? 

Sorry Jcon not picking on you but this was what alot of fans thought at the time. What an incredible difference Zac has made....kudos to him for bouncing back so far....

1 minute ago, bb1 said:

Sorry Jcon not picking on you but this was what alot of fans thought at the time. What an incredible difference Zac has made....kudos to him for bouncing back so far....

He's done far more than bounce back, I believe he's currently playing better than he has at anytime during his CFL career.