Bombers acquire Zach Collaros

Mike

28 minutes ago, White Out said:

Why do people keep having to bring that up. 

God. That riders team has to be the worst grey cup "champion" since the 01 stamps 

Dave Ritchie lost that game for us by Thursday of Grey Cup week. He let his players act like asshat braggers all week. As a fan, it pissed me off. I knew this was a bad thing & he did nothing to stop it. Mike O'Shea, Cal Murphy & Bud Grant would never let that happen. All it did was fire up the Stamps. They deserved to lose. Just STFU & play the game.

48 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Dave Ritchie lost that game for us by Thursday of Grey Cup week. He let his players act like asshat braggers all week. As a fan, it pissed me off. I knew this was a bad thing & he did nothing to stop it. Mike O'Shea, Cal Murphy & Bud Grant would never let that happen. All it did was fire up the Stamps. They deserved to lose. Just STFU & play the game.

The club wasnt exactly flying as the regular season ended. The Blue lost the last two games of the season and one of them was against Calgary who also defeated the Bombers in the championship game. Westwood in particular was a useless ***** during the big game. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Maybe 6 monthes prior to the trade every team in the league wanted Franklin. 

If I’m being truthful at the time I was happy to get Collaros because I thought he was the best QB available but I thought there was no chance he was going to come back to Winnipeg after that season and I actually wanted us to trade for Franklin because I thought he was young enough and our roster was skilled enough for us to rejuvenate his career, I wanted us to go with Franklin, and Streveler for the 2020 season but Ofcourse we caught lighting in a bottle and the rest is history. 

22 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

If I’m being truthful at the time I was happy to get Collaros because I thought he was the best QB available but I thought there was no chance he was going to come back to Winnipeg after that season and I actually wanted us to trade for Franklin because I thought he was young enough and our roster was skilled enough for us to rejuvenate his career, I wanted us to go with Franklin, and Streveler for the 2020 season but Ofcourse we caught lighting in a bottle and the rest is history. 

My first knee jerk reaction was negative. The interview in the pre season when he was with ssk on his health status and continuing to play was scary. But really when you’re looking at mbt Franklin or collaros or talking about trying to get kg out of retirement atleast collaros had a pulse and experience with success. 

the point when I knew we really found some thing special was the crazy scramble td pass to darvin adams. 

5 hours ago, bb1 said:

Sorry Jcon not picking on you but this was what alot of fans thought at the time. What an incredible difference Zac has made....kudos to him for bouncing back so far....

Come'on man! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He's been incredible. I didn't think MOS would use him and I thought he was done. 

Can't fire me as GM! I've have a lifetime agreement as armchair GM. Pay sucks. 

5 hours ago, bb1 said:

Edited by JCon

40 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

My first knee jerk reaction was negative. The interview in the pre season when he was with ssk on his health status and continuing to play was scary. But really when you’re looking at mbt Franklin or collaros or talking about trying to get kg out of retirement atleast collaros had a pulse and experience with success. 

the point when I knew we really found some thing special was the crazy scramble td pass to darvin adams. 

Yup.  That was like the ending of Karate Kid I.  We crane kicked Bo and the stinky Stamps right in the face, and have never looked back.

karate kid GIF by IFC

Zach delivering the final kick to Bo's face to win the game.  Johnny Laurence even looks like Bo lol...

Edited by kelownabomberfan

5 hours ago, bb1 said:

Sorry Jcon not picking on you but this was what alot of fans thought at the time. What an incredible difference Zac has made....kudos to him for bouncing back so far....

Edited by JCon

It makes you wonder.  Is it Zach maturing to his full potential ? Is it the team atmosphere O'shea has created that meshes with Zachs personality ? Is it his ability to work with Buck ?  All the former and a little bit more ? Whatever it is, in my mind Zach has cemented himself  as one of the best  we have had in Blue and Gold .

Just now, Noeller said:

I still want to do this! I haven't dropped the 200 bucks yet but I'm going to for sure! 

On the coach’s show (last week?) O’Shea was praising one of his players (did not catch the name, but I got the vibe it was a plug-in back-up and not one of the stars) saying he loved the player’s energy and that if he bought a jersey that’s a player whose name he would want on it. Someone texting in said that they wanted an O’Shea jersey, and he said “oh God, don’t waste your money on that. That would be a terrible idea”. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

for real, when I saw that play I thought of Robert Marve. 

late in the season vs Calgary, whacky play, QB running around like a roadrunner then making a magical throw,  home crowd loses its mind, a fun thing to watch but probably just yet another flash in the pan from yet another emergency Bomber QB. 

made me also think about that nutty Goltz to Denmark throw from a few years previously.  Troy Kopp before him. Those guys popped up, made a bit of magic, then dried up and blew away.

but then ZC kept doing it, and he kept getting better and better and better...

Marve has a bunch of DV on his resume since retiring from football.  glad he didn't pan out.

Edited by johnzo

36 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

On the coach’s show (last week?) O’Shea was praising one of his players (did not catch the name, but I got the vibe it was a plug-in back-up and not one of the stars) saying he loved the player’s energy and that if he bought a jersey that’s a player whose name he would want on it. Someone texting in said that they wanted an O’Shea jersey, and he said “oh God, don’t waste your money on that. That would be a terrible idea”. 

That's such an Osh thing to say. He is ALL about his players... 

12 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I too went with a Collaros jersey (new alt jersey) and I have an away Biggie. But I have 38 jerseys total lol. 

I think I'm around 20 all told, mostly Ebay purchases. I'm always in the hunt for older ones. My white whale is a Dunigan jersey circa 1993. My pride is a Walby circa 1990... Raven-made. 

I don't own any jerseys of a player from the The Trinity regime. My wife has a Bighill, and I really want to add a Harris or Nichols at some point. There's just so many players from this championship core that are "worthy" of buying their jersey....