Bombers acquire Zach Collaros

Mike

Ooooooof to thinking that Buck, in his healthy prime, was a better QB than Collaros. 

Don't get me wrong, Buck was great at one point in time, but I have really come to appreciate just how intelligent and talented ZC8 is. I knew he was good in Hamilton, but he has proven to be a wizard here. 

On 2019-10-10 at 8:39 AM, Booch said:

this has nothing to due with lack of confidence in Streveler and McGuire...it's about depth and experience...if needed and if Streveler struggles continually..nothing more..nothing less

What team would have confidence in their 3rd string guy leading them in the play-offs with next to no experience???..none...you all forget the 2007 Grey Cup with Dinwiddie??

That being said, nothing lost really in this move and Collaros if healthy (which apparently he is ..at moment) could do well in Lapo's conservative offence, and he would recognize and see the things that Streveler is still learning and getting used to, which could...well should benefit the offense....But Lapo needs to have his guys in the right spots and taught up properly as to what to do on certain looks...which to my eye seems like he hasn't done.

Stop all the pointless crap over and over to the outside...the flats and the dumb short sideline crap...when the defence has cleared out and basically has taken away the edge our guys should be getting the quick hitter slats..crossers...splitter routes and with some of the guys we have on offence they would be having a field day....but nope...we stick to the script that all teams are sitting on now.

As long as we don't expect and plan for Colaros to sit in the pocket and get gang rushed he may be productive for a few games to get us where we need to go....we are in the playoffs regardless...it's a matter of where we will be playing and as bizzare as it is to say this I feel a lot better moving forward for the rest of the year with Marshmellow head on our roster, than where we were up to yesterday

Hmm....guess I was sorta positive.....and we did change things up offensively and it worked...shame on me for the marshmellow head comment tho....hahaha....

That you Zach Collaros for turning the tide. This is a truly special group(players and management) and this team is on an unbelievable run. What? 1 meaningful loss in the last like 27 games?!?!? Soak it up boys and girls cause when its over, its unlikely to happen again in our lifetime.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

On 2019-11-22 at 4:14 PM, Goldkobra said:

I'm not too worried about the whole injury thing. It's football,  injuries are a part of it. Nichols has as much injury history as Collaros.  With the style Streveler plays,  injuries are coming.  Like it or not. So, imo, you go the best qb available.  For me, its Collaros. 

Nailed it

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ooooooof to thinking that Buck, in his healthy prime, was a better QB than Collaros. 

Don't get me wrong, Buck was great at one point in time, but I have really come to appreciate just how intelligent and talented ZC8 is. I knew he was good in Hamilton, but he has proven to be a wizard here. 

Re-watch the 2011 Grey Cup loss against the Lions, that games provides solid evidence that Buck as a QB couldn't think his way out of a wet paper bag.  The most frustrating football game I have ever watched.

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Re-watch the 2011 Grey Cup loss against the Lions, that games provides solid evidence that Buck as a QB couldn't think his way out of a wet paper bag.  The most frustrating football game I have ever watched.

But if Dinwiddie would've just ran for the 1st down instead of throwing it to his favorite receiver Johnson....

On 2019-10-16 at 2:23 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

Wasn't in agreement in bringing in ZC but since we have him, rather than hat on backwards with a clip board , I'd give him a few looks in certain situations and cross my fingers he doesn't sustain a concussion.

Meh could have been worse. :)

17 minutes ago, Nolby said:

It's funny going back and reading the comments on this thread at first,felt like a Jerry Springer free for fall but then slowly everyone started coming around and the fighting just stopped haha

giphy.gif 

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I am for this acquisition.

You sound so confident. Have insider info? 

I predict Collaros will come in and beat the stampeders at home, to finish off the  regular season, take the long road through the west playoffs, win the cup convincingly, start the next season, win MOP, win the cup back to back, And continue and go on to a 8 and 0 record in 2022, and amass a 25-3  or will it be 25-2 record win streak for the Bombers. 

nah, just kidding. It’ll never happen. 

When is Nichols getting off the injury reserve? 

Edited by Rod Black

On 2019-10-09 at 7:10 PM, johnzo said:

Don't want Collaros on my team.

Nothing against the guy, but he needs to retire .... or the next contract he signs will be with an assisted living facility.

this is me eating the most delicious slice of humble pie I've ever eaten. 

thanks to 204 for the late laugh reaction that highlighted my earlier, dumber self.

Hindsight is always 20/20. I am glad I dont really have crow to eat because I really wanted us to trade for a Collaros type after Nichols went down. However, I don't think even the most optimistic Bomber fan could have predicted just how good that trade would work out at the time. Forgot about that idiot Brock Streveler...boy he sure got a big serving of crow..lol

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

That you Zach Collaros for turning the tide. This is a truly special group(players and management) and this team is on an unbelievable run. What? 1 meaningful loss in the last like 27 games?!?!? Soak it up boys and girls cause when its over, its unlikely to happen again in our lifetime.

It might, this comes around every 30 years or so in Bomber land.  

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

I predict Collaros will come in and beat the stampeders at home, to finish off the  regular season, take the long road through the west playoffs, win the cup convincingly, start the next season, win MOP, win the cup back to back, And continue and go on to a 8 and 0 record in 2022, and amass a 25-3  or will it be 25-2 record win streak for the Bombers. 

nah, just kidding. It’ll never happen. 

When is Nichols getting off the injury reserve? 

Maybe we can talk Kevin Glenn out of retirement...at least we know he'll stay healthy in the playoffs...

I just had a  hunch that Zack still had a lot of great football in him at the time of the trade....Sure glad I was on the right side of that assessment .....Northern Skunk on the other hand was out to lunch on his take and is now somewhere lost in the hinterland with a lot of other rare species.....Goes to prove that hindsight is wonderful and will always be 20/20