GDT-Stumps @ Bombers

Nolby

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Expecting a qb to throw for first downs in the 4th quarter is too much?

With a lapo offense with a lead? Probably. Remember when  he was the head coach here and we were just good enough to barely lose? Only time his team won was when the defense dragged them there through turnovers. Lapo is a loser plain and simple. 

I’m wondering to myself - if the Bombers are in first place, won more games than any other team, but there is such pointed anger to not playing the way a fan envisions, is it the Bombers fault? If it’s so hard to like and appreciate the current standings, why not pick a team that suits a fans expectations better....

27 minutes ago, Rich said:

You have to be crazy to think that “desire” is what sets Calgary apart from the rest of the league.    What kind of crap to you keep spewing around here   

Every other team goes into the office every day thinking what can we do to just be good enough.  

If this is how you really feel people think, I feel sorry for you and the organizations you’ve worked for.  

Everyone doesn’t make the correct decisions or executions, but I can assure you desire is not lacking in this organization. 

I get it. C'ya.

3 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I’m wondering to myself - if the Bombers are in first place, won more games than any other team, but there is such pointed anger to not playing the way a fan envisions, is it the Bombers fault? If it’s so hard to like and appreciate the current standings, why not pick a team that suits a fans expectations better....

Exactly.   Although I believe many of us are frustrated and want to see our Grey Cup drought end asap.

On the fans, its has been 29 years since we've won the Cup. In that time, we've had some very good teams and some awful teams. We've had our hearts broken many times (1993, 1994, 2001, 2007....). Rightly or wrongly, it makes many of us pessimistic because we've seen it all go wrong many times before. Am I happy that we're in first? Of course. Do I feel we have a real shot at the Grey Cup? Yes, I do. However that doesn't mean that Lapo's playcalling or Nichols lacklustre play the past few games doesn't concern me because it does. The bottom line is we're all hardcore fans of the team (you have to be to be a message board regular) and the taking shots at others who disagree with you or express an opinion you don't like is not only childish and petty, frankly its bullshit.

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

On the fans, its has been 29 years since we've won the Cup. In that time, we've had some very good teams and some awful teams. We've had our hearts broken many times (1993, 1994, 2001, 2007....). Rightly or wrongly, it makes many of us pessimistic because we've seen it all go wrong many times before. Am I happy that we're in first? Of course. Do I feel we have a real shot at the Grey Cup? Yes, I do. However that doesn't mean that Lapo's playcalling or Nichols lacklustre play the past few games doesn't concern me because it does. The bottom line is we're all hardcore fans of the team (you have to be to be a message board regular) and the taking shots at others who disagree with you or express an opinion you don't like is not only childish and petty, frankly its bullshit.

I agree with you on everything you say however on your last point I'm guilty as charged.

23 hours ago, Brandon said:

When it comes down to only one player which is dropping this team from being dominant to only really good....  it only makes sense that most people would want to fix that one player.

You can't honestly believe the QB alone is the one and only player holding back this team... That's simply a ridiculous and ignorant comment to make. Watching eight games of this regular season would easily demonstrate that what ails this team goes beyond who's behind centre.

I get it: the offense the last three games has been nauseating to watch - and Nichols' play has been a significant part of that. But it's not just on him. Unless you expect a QB to play DB and defend/pick off a pass, play LB and not whiff on a tackle, play tailback and not fumble, play receiver and hold on to a catchable pass, play returner and not fumble twice in a game... On Thursday, special teams basically won that game for the home team. Rose's late INT helped seal the deal.

This notion the 2019 Blue Bombers live and die based on the play of a single player is patently false and very irrational. Other players have made mistakes this past season, on offense, on defense, and on special teams. Hell, the coaching staff continues to make mistakes, too. There's ample blame to go around and fall at the feet of many. A truly, consistently dominant team is one that limits its mistakes - across the board. That has yet to happen with this team.

Even at 6-2, there is so much room for improvement here. And that starts with the coaches and trickles down the roster in all three phases of this team.

22 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I agree with what you are saying. My major grievance is that despite our record with is great I have great concerns as it relates to our ability to not only win the Cup but just to get there. I do not believe that we will be able to get their unless we can prove we can thrown downfield and stretch the defense. Failing to do that IMHO will doom us when it counts. I also do not believe we will achieve what we all are wanting ( A Grey Cup Victory) with our current QB. This is solely my opinion and I do not expect everyone to agree with it. And as one of my old bosses use to say "Exception Noted". 

46 minutes ago, do or die said:

We didn't score an offensive TD against the Stamps.  How many mistakes were made there?

Nichols threw a touchdown pass, receiver just didn't get it under control before stepping out of bounds.

People always gotta ***** about things, the offense really wasn't as bad as they are making it sound against the Stamps, they just didn't get a ton of opportunities in the first half on account of special teams and a couple lengthy drives against courtesy of the defense.

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Nichols threw a touchdown pass, receiver just didn't get it under control before stepping out of bounds.

People always gotta ***** about things, the offense really wasn't as bad as they are making it sound against the Stamps, they just didn't get a ton of opportunities in the first half on account of special teams and a couple lengthy drives against courtesy of the defense.

Not cherry picking here...
Talking about almost 3 games in a row, with subpar passing game.  1st half against Argos was alright.....2nd half a debacle.  Other 2 games not good enough. 

Edited by do or die