GDT: Argos @ 'Riders

11 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Argos are a bad team. Franklin hasn't taken the next step and may never take it. SJ Green used to be great, sad to see how far he's fallen. Darby is absolutely brutal. I guess they'll win a game or two, but it will be more luck than skill.

The Riders aren't as bad as I've been led to believe. Fajardo looked good in the last 2 games. Better than broke down Collaros. If he can keep it up, the Riders will get out of the basement in the West.

Will they get out of the basement? I think every western team is better.

Edm..CGY..and WPG right now are all better teams...roster wise and are/will be getting better...BC and Sask will be fighting it out for 4th and 5th and never bet against Reilly over the course of 18 games...they showed improvement already and in my opinion tose 2 teams will go as far as their QB takes them, and smart money is on Reilly over Fajardo/Collaros...

Desperately want The Trinity inked to new long term deals ASAP......I've had concerns for a long time about them cutting their teeth with us, and now that they're a hot commodity, Walters and Osh go "home" to Toronto and turn that place around, because they're total dogshit and the Arblows would massively overpay for their services.......

16 hours ago, Mark F said:

his name is pronounced "Fahardo"

can't these people that get paid to cover football find out how to pronounce a name?

isn't that part of their job? as kind of a minimum of achievement.....

stupid.

Taman got it right.

I think you should be right.... but apparently Cody himself says it should be pronounced with a hard J...

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I think you should be right.... but apparently Cody himself says it should be pronounced with a hard J...

thanks......... its the same as Simon"eyeze" probably they give up.... not worth explaining .

he's not named after a drycleaning service.

years ago they mangled French canadian hockey player names the same way,

Edited by Mark F

Despite the lop-sided win for the Riders, I still maintain that they and Fajardo are not good. Yer granny could have beaten the hapless Argos and I think they might actually  be worse than the Burke Bombers that still cause many of us to wake up screaming in the middle of the night.

13 hours ago, bustamente said:

They might to to put cardboard cut outs in the stands next week in Toronto

I think they used them all in the secondary.  Actually I missed this game. Seems like family first was the right decision this time. Probably not Friday though. 

12 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Despite the lop-sided win for the Riders, I still maintain that they and Fajardo are not good. Yer granny could have beaten the hapless Argos and I think they might actually  be worse than the Burke Bombers that still cause many of us to wake up screaming in the middle of the night.

Riders would get torched at home or on the road in Winnipeg,wed show them that yesterday's win was a fluke once they played an actual good team.

56 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Hiariously the Roughriders tied Toronto after the game delay

They scored a rouge and two field goals in 2 quarters, TO scored a TD.

That doesn't bode well for SSK

On just about every Toronto offensive play there was someone in the huddle asking someone else what their assignment on that play is. Watch it on PVR, these guys do not know their playbook yet. Same on defence. I think TO's main problem right now is that the coaching staff does not have them prepared to play. I won't give Saskatchewan a lick of credit for their win yesterday knowing that some of the TO players don't even know their assignments from play to play.

Realistically this game was a "must win" for the Riders... not because 0-3 is an insurmountable hole... but imagine losing to a team that just got pummeled by 50 points, in your own barn... had they lost, it would've been serious panic button time in rider land...

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

How long are MOS and Walters contracts? Don't we have them inked for a few more years?

I thought Walters and MOS were both up after this season.....not sure about Wade. 

16 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Zontar, do you remember the 1949 Ticats season?

In those days you could get a ticket, hot dog, bag of roasted chestnuts and a lime rickey for a nickel and still have change for the streetcar home. ...reminds me of a story that's long and rambling. ...

Edited by Zontar

2 hours ago, Zontar said:

In those days you could get a ticket, hot dog, bag of roasted chestnuts and a lime rickey for a nickel and still have change for the streetcar home. ...reminds me of a story that's long and rambling. ...

Hah. I used to be able to go to the store with $5.00 and come home with bread, milk and lots of change, but now they have security cameras everywhere....

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

Desperately want The Trinity inked to new long term deals ASAP......I've had concerns for a long time about them cutting their teeth with us, and now that they're a hot commodity, Walters and Osh go "home" to Toronto and turn that place around, because they're total dogshit and the Arblows would massively overpay for their services.......

Wow! I was thinking exactly the same thing just the other day. Actually I was thinking O'Shea might leave but maybe not the others. Then again, I'm not sure there is enough interest in the CFL in Toronto. Tough call. If O'Shea wins a championship here and wants to leave, I say let him go, with our thanks. Until he does, I don't see him leaving unfinished business. But even if he does, if we still have Walters, we'll be okay. 

Wow, are we actually worrying about Toronto stealing our head coach & GM not even a quarter of the way through this year??? Don't we as fans have enough stress during the season without coming up with that?? If they ever leave, then they leave.  We can't control what they do so why worry about it?  I'm not going to fret about something that may never, ever happen. I'm just focused on the next game.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Wow, are we actually worrying about Toronto stealing our head coach & GM not even a quarter of the way through this year??? Don't we as fans have enough stress during the season without coming up with that?? If they ever leave, then they leave.  We can't control what they do so why worry about it. I'm not going to fret about something that may never, ever happen. I'm just focused on the next game.

Mafia type people get wacked all the time.  We could lose any of the three at anytime.

5 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Mafia type people get wacked all the time.  We could lose any of the three at anytime.

No team hangs on to their head coach & GM forever. They leave for greener pastures or are fired. I would think for this scenario to occur they'd have to win a Grey Cup this season. Why would MLSE spend big bucks on 2 guys who built good teams but never won a championship?  Other than MOS who is an Argo legend there is nothing else there to bring him in as HC & Walters as GM.  Yet.

15 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Wow, are we actually worrying about Toronto stealing our head coach & GM not even a quarter of the way through this year??? Don't we as fans have enough stress during the season without coming up with that?? If they ever leave, then they leave.  We can't control what they do so why worry about it?  I'm not going to fret about something that may never, ever happen. I'm just focused on the next game.

The thing is, when it comes to the CFL, Toronto is special. Who ever thought Edmonton would give them Ricky Ray in time for the CFL 100th anniversary? If Toronto wants O'Shea, they'll get him.