2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

18 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The Alouettes franchise has been a festering wound since the moment it started up again.  Had some great years on the field but off the field always a mess, losing money.  Will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

I remember when TSN used to brag about sellouts at Molson Stadium. They'd get 20,000 & suddenly the fans there are just the best.  With TSN, it's the same bullshit with the fanbase in Saskatchewan. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

I actually thought the league had already taken it over. This doesn't seem like such a huge thing...it's just a transition piece before the new owner takes over...whether it's the Dragon's Den guy or Eric Lapointe's group (my personal preference, for the good of the league...) I think this will work out sooner rather than later...

Well in the Freep today Lapointe is waiting for the league to contact him. Is he buying the team through social media or what?

ALS...eventually Argos....CFL gonna be the new David Braley.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I thought the Lapointe group was under capitalized? Looks like someone pissed off the Dragon's Den Guzzo guy. Have no idea when they want to sell the team they'd give him a hard time unless he was a prick himself to deal with. I also heard Stephen Bronfman want to buy the team. He's also trying to bring MLB back to Montreal so I don't know here the Als would fit in with that. 

9 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well in the Freep today Lapointe is waiting for the league to contact him. Is he buying the team through social media or what?

ALS...eventually Argos....CFL gonna be the new David Braley.

Argos are owned by MLSE. Its a writeoff for them. 

19 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I thought the Lapointe group was under capitalized? Looks like someone pissed off the Dragon's Den Guzzo guy. Have no idea when they want to sell the team they'd give him a hard time unless he was a prick himself to deal with. I also heard Stephen Bronfman want to buy the team. He's also trying to bring MLB back to Montreal so I don't know here the Als would fit in with that. 

Guzzo stated in Quebecois media his first move as owner would be to fire all football operations staff.  Probably not the best move in the middle of the season, even if they are low competence.

Gawd help us if a Mexican or global player becomes an above average player.

Roddy will make sure you remember the name and where he is from enough times during a game and the rest of the season so that you will never forget it.....ever...for the rest of your life...and beyond....

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Guzzo stated in Quebecois media his first move as owner would be to fire all football operations staff.  Probably not the best move in the middle of the season, even if they are low competence.

Well, he was a major suitor to purchase the Als.  I doubt that outside of 3-4 groups there isn't a lot of interest in buying that team. I'm amazed that there are as many as 4 groups interested. So, to do that to a potential buyer isn't the smartest thing to do. still.