2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

On 2019-06-01 at 12:19 PM, WBBFanWest said:

I sort of like a coach that takes every game seriously, pre-season or not.  Sets an example.  That's what leaders do.

Just a guess, but Maybe they want to give the refs some pre season practise as well. 

Not sure but some of those crews looked new to me. And they did a good job of not ruining the games.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

If there's a God, we drop 50 on those assholes on Thursday night... 

Hey guys I can remember back in the day (yeah I still have recall) that when Grant, Ploen and the boys were dominating the west we would go into Regina and the locker room talk would be...and I quote...' how many points do want to beat these turkey's by tonight'....Oh for a return of the 'good old days'

Now does this come with some type of revenue stream for this to the CFL and be part of that profit sharing provision for the players...thats the big question..I can't see them getting the rights for free

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Now does this come with some type of revenue stream for this to the CFL and be part of that profit sharing provision for the players...thats the big question..I can't see them getting the rights for free

I think it was confirmed or strongly hinted at from Ambrosie that the CFL would actually be getting paid something this year.

7 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I think it was confirmed or strongly hinted at from Ambrosie that the CFL would actually be getting paid something this year.

I don't remember hearing this.  I hope you are right though.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Bloody easy to sign up for and at $4.99 USD/month cheaper than any other options available to Canadian cable cutters.  Plus you get access to hundreds of other events you'd never consider watching.

Need an American Credit Card don't you?

Ranking the 10 regular-season CFL games in June, all of which will be on ESPN’s networks or ESPN+

ESPN’s announcement also includes the schedule of June’s games, so it’s worth taking a look at where the most interesting matchups are. Here are those matchups, ranked from 10 (worst) to (1) best. - 

10. Montreal Alouettes at Edmonton Eskimos (Friday, June 14, 9 p.m. Eastern

9. Montreal Alouettes at Hamilton Tiger-Cats (Friday, June 28, 7:30 p.m. Eastern

8. Hamilton Tiger-Cats at Toronto Argonauts (Thursday, June 22, 4 p.m. Eastern

7. Saskatchewan Roughriders at Hamilton Tiger-Cats (Thursday, June 13, 7:30 p.m. 

6. Edmonton Eskimos at Winnipeg Blue Bombers (Thursday, June 27, 8:30 p.m. E

5. Winnipeg Blue Bombers at B.C. Lions (Saturday, June 15, 10 p.m. Eastern

4. B.C. Lions at Edmonton Eskimos (Friday, June 21, 9 p.m. Eastern

3. Saskatchewan Roughriders at Ottawa Redblacks (Thursday, June 20, 7:30 p.m.

2. B.C. Lions at Calgary Stampeders (Saturday, June 29, 7 p.m. Eastern

1. Ottawa Redblacks at Calgary Stampeders (Saturday, June 15, 7 p.m. Eastern

The CFL schedule on U.S. TV is generally more about where there’s space with respect to the other things ESPN airs than about the quality of the matchups; CFL games often draw okay audiences for ESPN’s secondary channels (especially as there aren’t any production costs involved; ESPN takes the TSN feed), but there often isn’t a big difference in the numbers for a good CFL matchup and a bad one, and the CFL isn’t exactly a high priority relative to other ESPN content.

Andrew Bucholtz

http://amp.awfulannouncing.com/espn/ranking-the-10-regular-season-cfl-games-in-june-on-espn-espn-plus.html?__twitter_impression=true

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

IIRC he refused a PR spot with us. Would have been a great opportunity for him to learn behind one of the greats...

Hindsight...

It's hard to fault him for going to the Redblacks when he did. They needed a kicker and he was close to home. Things are funny.

Let's not forget another PR player that came from Ottawa to Winnipeg to be closer to home.