Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Dee

2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Idk. Pierce was a warrior to the end. He wore his heart on his sleeve and had to be forced into retirement due to injury. I dont think I ever heard him say he was not mentally in the game. 

Similar situation, a guy who could get it done at a high level but injuries derail their career. Pierce was a warrior as you say though. He had no quit in him what so ever. Collaros is the opposite. Hes already looking at the exit with one foot out the door. 

 If I was the riders after hearing that Id be looking at every way possible to move on from collaros. When a guy is mentally broken like that, especially at QB you cant rest your season on his shoulders. As a bomber fan, I look forward to them languishing. If Soli stays healthy he could reset the league record for tackles in a season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Maybe if this was the 1st time Hervey snubbed someone it could be written off as a joke but it's not.  It's just typical behavior from him.

What is wrong with the guy? Don't forget Hervey is the player who took off his helmet & swung it at a Stamps players back in the mid 2000's during a Labour Day game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Similar situation, a guy who could get it done at a high level but injuries derail their career. Pierce was a warrior as you say though. He had no quit in him what so ever. Collaros is the opposite. Hes already looking at the exit with one foot out the door. 

 If I was the riders after hearing that Id be looking at every way possible to move on from collaros. When a guy is mentally broken like that, especially at QB you cant rest your season on his shoulders. As a bomber fan, I look forward to them languishing. If Soli stays healthy he could reset the league record for tackles in a season. 

and his 1 for 10 showing in the Green and White game...were you would think he should have lit it up somewhat against a plethora of newbies and soon to be camp cuts probably didn't help his mindset, and should be concerning to all. It is a continuation of his 9 TD's vs 13 int's previous season...I doubt he makes it to 6 games..either due to injury, or just sucking that bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What is wrong with the guy? Don't forget Hervey is the player who took off his helmet & swung it at a Stamps players back in the mid 2000's during a Labour Day game. 

Just keeping it real since he is:

straight-outta-compton.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I think he would be more :

straightouttalocash_cb4.jpg

CB4 makes sense because the stuff with Stafford makes him look like a clown but he did grow up in Compton and I don't think that mentality has ever fully left him.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/hall+esks+hervey+candidly+relives+struggles+escaping+gang+plagued+compton/8850914/story.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

photo.jpg

Calgary: Smoke from forest fires in Northern Alberta this morning. If air quality does not improve during the day the Stamps-Riders game this evening may be postponed.  Gotta say, the air quality sucks. Some people are really struggling to breathe.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Booch said:

I would hope he didn't get too big of a confidence boost in the fact that the Riders "opted" to bring him back...they did all they could to land several others, so were relegated to bringing him back or start season with a nobody.

If the season doesn't start well for him/them...and or he gets belted around good a few times in first few games...he will be toast..mentally and physically...

Seems to me that it was his status of last resort causes him to reflect such lack of confidence. I fear that he will get hurt with that attitude., Actually I fear he will get hurt with any attitude. That guy is in a world of trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

photo.jpg

Calgary: Smoke from forest fires in Northern Alberta this morning. If air quality does not improve during the day the Stamps-Riders game this evening may be postponed.  Gotta say, the air quality sucks. Some people are really struggling to breathe.

Just all of a sudden yesterday it got really ugly out. Finally get some nice weather and the smoke makes it hard to be outside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Booch said:

and his 1 for 10 showing in the Green and White game...were you would think he should have lit it up somewhat against a plethora of newbies and soon to be camp cuts probably didn't help his mindset, and should be concerning to all. It is a continuation of his 9 TD's vs 13 int's previous season...I doubt he makes it to 6 games..either due to injury, or just sucking that bad

Yep, and inevitable rider fans on here expecting to poach Streveler from us in the off season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Similar situation, a guy who could get it done at a high level but injuries derail their career. Pierce was a warrior as you say though. He had no quit in him what so ever. Collaros is the opposite. Hes already looking at the exit with one foot out the door. 

 If I was the riders after hearing that Id be looking at every way possible to move on from collaros. When a guy is mentally broken like that, especially at QB you cant rest your season on his shoulders. As a bomber fan, I look forward to them languishing. If Soli stays healthy he could reset the league record for tackles in a season. 

Pierce was a warrior but he was injured so often and so badly that he could barely call himself an invertebrate. When he gets into his 6th decade, he is gonna make sounds like your breakfast cereal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Just all of a sudden yesterday it got really ugly out. Finally get some nice weather and the smoke makes it hard to be outside. 

I know. After months of winter, April snowstorms & now we can't enjoy spring.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...