Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Doublezero

QB situation Winnipeg

Recommended Posts

As it stands now, re: QBs CFL - 2019 CFL.Staff

BC LIONS

1. Mike Reilly

2. Ricky Lloyd

 

EDMONTON ESKIMOS

1. Trevor Harris

2. Danny O’Brien

3. Jeremiah Briscoe

 

CALGARY STAMPEDERS

1. Bo Levi Mitchell

2. Nick Arbuckle

3. Montell Cozart

 

SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS

1. Zach Collaros

2. David Watford

3. Cody Fajardo

 

WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS

1. Matt Nichols

2. Chris Streveler

3. Bryan Bennett

4. Bryan Schor

 

HAMILTON TIGER-CATS

1. Jeremiah Masoli

2. Dane Evans

3. DeVante Kincade

 

TORONTO ARGONAUTS

1. James Franklin

2. McLeod Bethel-Thompson

3. Dakota Prukop

4. Noah Picton

 

OTTAWA REDBLACKS

T-1. Jonathon Jennings

T-1. Dominique Davis

3. Danny Collins

4. William Arndt

 

MONTREAL ALOUETTES

T-1. Johnny Manziel

T-1. Antonio Pipkin

T-3. Jeff Mathews

T-3. Matthew Shiltz

T-3. Vernon Adams Jr.

6. Hugo Richard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Anyone concerned about Matt Nichols physical condition should give his work out a go before criticizing.  This was posted Feb. 14/19.

 

 

Is it the same work out he has always used to get to where he is ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Is it the same work out he has always used to get to where he is ?

Doesn't matter, the video illustrates that Nichols is in great physical condition and works very hard to maintain it.  You want to pick at his work out Adonis?

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Anyone concerned about Matt Nichols physical condition should give his work out a go before criticizing.  This was posted Feb. 14/19.

 

 

Actually no. It was first posted May 8, 2018 and the episode was recorded before Matt's training camp knee injury. You want to know what kind of shape he looks like he's in recently? Take a look at the visit to Brandon from the Bombers site from last month - he looks like he's been eating too many cheeseburgers and is favouring his knee with a slight limp. That said, I don't care if he's shaped like Tom Wilkinson as long he  bounces back from a very pedestrian performance in 2018 and plays like he did in 2017.

Edited by Doublezero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Actually no. It was first posted May 8, 2018 and the episode was recorded before Matt's training camp knee injury. You want to know what kind of shape he looks like he's in recently? Take a look at the visit to Brandon from the Bombers site from last month - he looks like he's been eating too many cheeseburgers and is favouring his knee with a slight limp. That said, I don't care if he's shaped like Tom Wilkinson as long he  bounces back from a very pedestrian performance in 2018 and plays like he did in 2017.

Ridiculous statement. Unless you've got the inside track on Nichols' conditioning and training this off-season. Weird how nobody else has mentioned anything like what you've said, though.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/01/18/no-off-season-matt-nichols-keeping-busy-ahead-2019/

Quote

Nichols is also using this off-season to fine tune different aspects of his game while also focusing on nutrition.

“Things have to change training wise for me,” said Nichols, who was visiting Winnipeg this week to do a few community engagements. “I do feel like there’s some things that I do extremely well. I do recognize the things that I need to get better at. My main focus now is continuing to evolve the diet with all of the information that’s out there now, there’s no excuse not to be eating correctly and be in the best shape possible. My plan is to be in the best shape of my life coming into training camp.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Ridiculous statement. Unless you've got the inside track on Nichols' conditioning and training this off-season. Weird how nobody else has mentioned anything like what you've said, though.

What's ridiculous about it? Here, decide for yourself. Is he favouring his knee? Does he look lean and mean like a QB machine? https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/01/25/matt-nichols-visits-brandon-wheat-kings/

Anyhow, like I said, I don't care if he looks like Wilkie as long as he plays lights out. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Doublezero said:

What's ridiculous about it?

The part where you make up things and insult him. Did you even watch the video?

How does it look like he's "eating too many cheeseburgers"...? He's wearing a hockey jersey the entire time. His face doesn't look fatter. Where in the video is he limping - slightly or otherwise? He walks to and from centre ice, up stairs, down stairs... What limp?

You apparently seem to enjoy taking shots at #15 from your keyboard but the link you posted did nothing but refute your claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

As it stands now, re: QBs CFL - 2019 CFL.Staff

BC LIONS

1. Mike Reilly

2. Ricky Lloyd

 

EDMONTON ESKIMOS

1. Trevor Harris

2. Danny O’Brien

3. Jeremiah Briscoe

 

CALGARY STAMPEDERS

1. Bo Levi Mitchell

2. Nick Arbuckle

3. Montell Cozart

 

SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS

1. Zach Collaros

2. David Watford

3. Cody Fajardo

 

WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS

1. Matt Nichols

2. Chris Streveler

3. Bryan Bennett

4. Bryan Schor

 

HAMILTON TIGER-CATS

1. Jeremiah Masoli

2. Dane Evans

3. DeVante Kincade

 

TORONTO ARGONAUTS

1. James Franklin

2. McLeod Bethel-Thompson

3. Dakota Prukop

4. Noah Picton

 

OTTAWA REDBLACKS

T-1. Jonathon Jennings

T-1. Dominique Davis

3. Danny Collins

4. William Arndt

 

MONTREAL ALOUETTES

T-1. Johnny Manziel

T-1. Antonio Pipkin

T-3. Jeff Mathews

T-3. Matthew Shiltz

T-3. Vernon Adams Jr.

6. Hugo Richard

I think only us and toronto are positioned to be OK if the starting qb misses any real time.  Every else is pooched if they lose their starter for a fist full of weeks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

up stairs, down stairs... What limp?

Pretty much this. If he needs to limp to walk on flat ground there's no way he's climbing stairs at a steady pace. If anything, he's trying to put on a nonchalant swagger when he walks on and off the ice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

As it stands now, re: QBs CFL - 2019 CFL.Staff

BC LIONS

1. Mike Reilly

2. Ricky Lloyd

 

EDMONTON ESKIMOS

1. Trevor Harris

2. Danny O’Brien

3. Jeremiah Briscoe

 

CALGARY STAMPEDERS

1. Bo Levi Mitchell

2. Nick Arbuckle

3. Montell Cozart

 

SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS

1. Zach Collaros

2. David Watford

3. Cody Fajardo

 

WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS

1. Matt Nichols

2. Chris Streveler

3. Bryan Bennett

4. Bryan Schor

 

HAMILTON TIGER-CATS

1. Jeremiah Masoli

2. Dane Evans

3. DeVante Kincade

 

TORONTO ARGONAUTS

1. James Franklin

2. McLeod Bethel-Thompson

3. Dakota Prukop

4. Noah Picton

 

OTTAWA REDBLACKS

T-1. Jonathon Jennings

T-1. Dominique Davis

3. Danny Collins

4. William Arndt

 

MONTREAL ALOUETTES

T-1. Johnny Manziel

T-1. Antonio Pipkin

T-3. Jeff Mathews

T-3. Matthew Shiltz

T-3. Vernon Adams Jr.

6. Hugo Richard

 

Who is missing?

Travis Lulay

Kevin Glenn (Future Atlantic Schooner 2020)

Brandon Bridge

Ricky Ray

Any others???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The part where you make up things and insult him. Did you even watch the video?

How does it look like he's "eating too many cheeseburgers"...? He's wearing a hockey jersey the entire time. His face doesn't look fatter. Where in the video is he limping - slightly or otherwise? He walks to and from centre ice, up stairs, down stairs... What limp?

You apparently seem to enjoy taking shots at #15 from your keyboard but the link you posted did nothing but refute your claim.

We can disagree about what we see in the video. I think he has a slight limp. You don't. I think he's looking a bit pudgy, you don't. No prob. I'm only responding to the most recent video of him as opposed to one that someone posted on the thread from last year around this time - claiming it is current, which it ain't.

You can interpret my comments as an insult but that's not my intention. I really hope Matt has a bounce back season. The  cheeseburger thing came from something Matt said in the Free Press Jan 17, which surprised me a bit coming from a pro athlete.

Matt Nichols is spending the winter trying to eat better. Maybe shed a few pounds. Get a little bit quicker. "I'm a huge cheeseburger guy. So that's a hard one to get rid of. But the hardest thing is my kids eat mac-and-cheese and grilled cheese all the time, so I've got salmon and broccoli and I'm looking at a half-eaten grilled cheese that I just want to finish off. That's the hardest temptation, is not finish my kids' food," Nichols said Thursday, back in the city for an off-season check-in.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/nichols-cuts-back-on-burgers-and-hes-starving----for-a-grey-cup-504513472.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Doesn't matter, the video illustrates that Nichols is in great physical condition and works very hard to maintain it.  You want to pick at his work out Adonis?

I was just curious if maybe he had added some new stuff while working out so he would be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Actually no. It was first posted May 8, 2018 and the episode was recorded before Matt's training camp knee injury. You want to know what kind of shape he looks like he's in recently? Take a look at the visit to Brandon from the Bombers site from last month - he looks like he's been eating too many cheeseburgers and is favouring his knee with a slight limp. That said, I don't care if he's shaped like Tom Wilkinson as long he  bounces back from a very pedestrian performance in 2018 and plays like he did in 2017.

One of these guys looks like an athlete. The other looks like he's been eating too many cheeseburgers. Both are rich athletes

attachment.php?thumbnail=1510

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I think only us and toronto are positioned to be OK if the starting qb misses any real time.  Every else is pooched if they lose their starter for a fist full of weeks. 

 

The same could be said of us last year. You never know who could emerge if the situation calls for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Doublezero said:

What's ridiculous about it? Here, decide for yourself. Is he favouring his knee? Does he look lean and mean like a QB machine? https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/01/25/matt-nichols-visits-brandon-wheat-kings/

Anyhow, like I said, I don't care if he looks like Wilkie as long as he plays lights out. :)

 

Yeah, I watched both video's very closely looking especially at his face.  He does not look fatter or pudgier, his face looks exactly the same.  Except that in the training video his beard is heavier and the light shines in his face more.  Shadows matter.

Also, there is no limp.  When he was walking onto the carpet on the ice it looked more like he was trying to keep his balance then anything else because you're walking onto carpet on ice which will move a bit under your feet.  But I saw no limp at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Logan007 said:

Yeah, I watched both video's very closely looking especially at his face.  He does not look fatter or pudgier, his face looks exactly the same.  Except that in the training video his beard is heavier and the light shines in his face more.  Shadows matter.

Also, there is no limp.  When he was walking onto the carpet on the ice it looked more like he was trying to keep his balance then anything else because you're walking onto carpet on ice which will move a bit under your feet.  But I saw no limp at all.

We can only hope. This has to be a make-or-break year for Nichols to make his bones and prove that he is not a career also-ran. I hope that Walters, O'Shea and LaPolice give him the tools to do the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

From the article... 

Mike Reilly, Bo Levi Mitchell, Trevor Harris and Zach Collaros headed an elite class in 2019 as all four made it to free agency.

 

One of these things ain't like the other.

Dunk looking for those Rider clicks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...