Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SpeedFlex27

Around the League: 2019 Off Season

Rich

For minor off-season non-Bomber CFL news.  Any significant stories or news that is likely to generate significant discussion may have its own thread created. General Bomber news can be found here.

Message added by Rich

Recommended Posts

On 2019-01-13 at 10:40 AM, Dr Zaius said:

Abandon the city he played most of his career in (Edmonton), pass up the chance to play in Vancouver closer to family, to play in a dump of a small town in Regina? 

 

while I certainly agree with you that Vancouver and Edmonton are much nicer cities than Regina... when comparing football stadiums... Sask blows those other two out of the water...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bearpants said:

while I certainly agree with you that Vancouver and Edmonton are much nicer cities than Regina... when comparing football stadiums... Sask blows those other two out of the water...

Actually...Edmonton's facilities and training/therapy/players amenities/locker room are top notch world class and actually are better than many NFL teams and rival some of the top notch ones...so that statement is totally false on the Edmonton aspect.

Mosaic is sure shinier and newer, but not heads and shoulders above Edmonton...Winnipeg and B.C..Whom also have top notch player amenities..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Booch said:

Actually...Edmonton's facilities and training/therapy/players amenities/locker room are top notch world class and actually are better than many NFL teams and rival some of the top notch ones...so that statement is totally false on the Edmonton aspect.

Mosaic is sure shinier and newer, but not heads and shoulders above Edmonton...Winnipeg and B.C..Whom also have top notch player amenities..

BC Place was reno'd less than 10 years ago. It's nice too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jones is leaving! Cleveland bound, rumour has it he has been signed in a D. capacity.

 

CFL News
‏ @CFL_News
2m2 minutes ago

BREAKING:

Sources say #Riders Head Coach Chris Jones has interviewed today with the Cleveland Browns & they are hiring him in a defensive capacity. Details to come. Jones had an NFL out clause in his #CFL contract.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Jones is leaving! Cleveland bound, rumour has it he has been signed in a D. capacity.

That's what I just read. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Oh what a wonderful day this has become! 😊

It's only funny in the short-term, though. In the long term, this can't help but make them better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

As funny as it is to see the Riders in turmoil, I'm concerned that Jonesy leaving means the Riders just got better. I was kinda hoping they were going to tie themselves to his crazy for awhile longer and he could really run 'em into the ground but good...

Yah maybe but who's left on the market for H.C.?  Maybe they'll come after LaPo hard and make him an offer he can't refuse and the Bombers can't come close to matching.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Yah maybe but who's left on the market for H.C.?  Maybe they'll come after LaPo hard and make him an offer he can't refuse and the Bombers can't match.

Possible grey cup in one hand...... HC job in the other

Hhmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to be hard to get Jefferson to re-sign if they don't get things sorted quickly. I assumed with the contract Bighill got and having to play in Regina, that they would have to pay top dollar but now that's a guarantee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jpan85 said:

So Rider_Stronson on Riderfans runs the CFL_News account. 

It makes sense because it's mostly negative Bomber stories and WHINING when anything goes against the Riders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JCon said:

It makes sense because it's mostly negative Bomber stories and WHINING when anything goes against the Riders. 

The most Whiniest chickenshit forum I have ever seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×