Matt Nichols -BOO!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Petermann, Simonise, and Wolitarsky are all promising national possession receivers, but a team should really only have one or two of those type players starting.

Problem is that the rest of the receivers are garbage outside of Adams, who would be a good 3rd option receiver on any other team.

What Walters did to the receiving corps this offseason is a huge FAIL.

6 minutes ago, TheSource said:

Petermann, Simonise, and Wolitarsky are all promising national possession receivers, but a team should really only have one or two of those type players starting.

Problem is that the rest of the receivers are garbage outside of Adams, who would be a good 3rd option receiver on any other team.

Yeah I couldn't believe people were excited about the Bowman signing. Between he and Durant I almost barfed, and thought, 'boy aren't those a couple real team guys you landed Walters'. Now we know that is just an excuse they use to deflect from their horrible ability to recruit in the USA. 

It isn't a coincidence that we've lost 4 in a row against teams with the best defenses in the league.  Our team isn't that bad but it doesn't have the firepower right now to compete with those kind of teams.  I think most would agree that we have 2 Americans, Adams and Dressler, that are top tier receivers.  When either is out we are basically hooped.  And with our o-line being partially decimated, it doesn't help either.  It's not all on Nichols (although this past game he made some awful choices that directly contributed to the loss).  At the start of the year we were pretty happy to say that we had 2 good qbs.  Nichols, not a world beater but pretty darn good with a good team around him.  Streveler is just chalk full of potential but needs time.  I don't think much has changed there.

Our defense has been pretty good but they cant' seem to quite post the same kind of "defensive gem" that Sask or Calgary can.

We are still in good position to make the playoffs.  Hopefully we can get some players back to win some games and get that crossover.

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Banjo Bowl was a defensive gem. The D only gave up 9 points. 

The sought after gem may have been shrouded in Nichols worst decision making game of the year leading to many points against.  I'm not going to completely disagree with you.  The Banjo Bowl was given away by our QB1  But I was mostly referring to stealing games from good offensive teams. We've seen plenty of times this year where our defense has looked good against bad offensive teams.  Trying to post a defensive gem against the best offensive teams in the league has usually led to late game collapses.  Our D isn't good enough to win those games on their own.

Edited by BBlink

1 hour ago, TheSource said:

petermann and simonise arent possession recievers. Petermann is a YAC guy and simonise is a deep threat. Demski is also a yac guy. Soo thats one possession wr. 

Adams is easily better then that and would be much better off on a team that has a better then hail mary chance on every pass deeper then 20. Thompkins has shown the same level of quality he did in his nfl starts. Dressler brings it and performs whenever he is healthy which is a legitimate concern. 

Doesnt matter who you have at WR when you cant get the ball to them. 

Edited by wbbfan

7 hours ago, J5V said:

It was 23 points. Five interceptions resulting in two touchdowns and two field goals (according to the Bomber site). What is most concerning is that we are losing to teams that aren't very good. Sask sucks and Ottawa isn't much better. This team has been mismanaged with great skill.

One persons perspective can be so messed up when you compare it to facts. Even though they are now on a 4 game winning streak and sitting in 2nd place all by themselves.  You say that Sask sucks???? Yet SK hammered Calgary. Then they went into BC Place and beat the Lions. Both of which the Bombers could not do. Then  they won this back to back series. They are sitting at 7-4 with a game in hand this coming weekend. So with all that being said. I would suggest the reason why the Bombers are getting beat by SK and Ottawa is they are simply better. 

Edited by 3RD AND 1
Spelling

From 3downation:

"I recently spoke with someone who asked Nichols about that game approximately a year ago. Nichols told him that he (understandably) didn’t yet have full command of the Bombers’ playbook, saying that he mostly focused on knowing which route Nick Moore would be running prior to each play. "

That Nichols didn't know the Bomber playbook after a year and half does not speak well for his intelligence,

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

From 3downation:

"I recently spoke with someone who asked Nichols about that game approximately a year ago. Nichols told him that he (understandably) didn’t yet have full command of the Bombers’ playbook, saying that he mostly focused on knowing which route Nick Moore would be running prior to each play. "

That Nichols didn't know the Bomber playbook after a year and half does not speak well for his intelligence,

Are we sure on the date of this article? Because it reads more like something from Nichols first start here which was not long after he was acquired in a trade, you know considering that was when Moore was last here and all. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Are we sure on the date of this article? Because it reads more like something from Nichols first start here which was not long after he was acquired in a trade, you know considering that was when Moore was last here and all. 

It was posted today, but the reference to Moore was a puzzler.

16 minutes ago, Tracker said:

It was posted today, but the reference to Moore was a puzzler.

Yea Nichols has played bad no doubt but its not his intelligence...Lapolice has stated many times that Nichols ( when he is playing well) runs his offense as well as anyone ever has. I really think Nichols came back way too early..he is no where near 100% maybe its just one too many injuries for him to come back from?

Edited by bb1

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Banjo Bowl was a defensive gem. The D only gave up 9 points. 

And scored a TD.  Plus set up 2 offensive TDs on short fields after a 2 and out deep in Rider end and the forced fumble by Hecht.  It’s almost unbelievable they could lose that game with how the D played.

10 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And scored a TD.  Plus set up 2 offensive TDs on short fields after a 2 and out deep in Rider end and the forced fumble by Hecht.  It’s almost unbelievable they could lose that game with how the D played.

Even the previous game we were a few blunders away from winning.  The record will show 2 Rider victories..and good on them.  But honestly I still think we are a much better team overall when healthy.

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

Even the previous game we were a few blunders away from winning.  The record will show 2 Rider victories..and good on them.  But honestly I still think we are a much better team overall when healthy.

Better, maybe. What team is not better when healthy? But good enough......?

16 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

This is what's missing this year - the ballhawking...

TJ Heath was deemed expendable for not being a 'team' guy and jumping routes...  Gaitor shows up and finally starts freelancing... hopefully everyone else learns to ignore Hall's system half the time...  big plays are going to happen no matter what - you need big plays the other way

8 hours ago, Floyd said:

70/30...IF they run with Streveler...  even if Nichols get 3-4 games to sit and comes back...

This team just needs a game manager and an OC that doesn't forget about Harris

You're way high. We haven't been hot enough at the right time to win the Grey Cup for 28 years in a row.