Matt Nichols -BOO!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

Only immature children boo their own team, grow up people, you are only embarrassing yourself and the city. 

To me it looks worse on the tv when the team is losing and all the fans are just sitting there looking stunned.... a good booing now and then let's everyone know the fans are still connected

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

To me it looks worse on the tv when the team is losing and all the fans are just sitting there looking stunned.... a good booing now and then let's everyone know the fans are still connected

Wouldn't think of booing.   However this does not preclude cursing, glaring, shaking of head, and copious consumption of gin......

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

True but they were a 9 and 9 team in an extremely weak conference. Nothing special but got hot at the right time. 

They did get hot at the right time but they had at least one element on that team that allowed them to to get hot at the right time against the better teams in the CFL.  That of course would be Ray.  I still remember that incredible long pass he made to the Argos receiver, hitting him in full stride for the TD in the Grey Cup game.  Nichols, and several other Qbs in the league would never be able to pull that off.

15 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

They did get hot at the right time but they had at least one element on that team that allowed them to to get hot at the right time against the better teams in the CFL.  That of course would be Ray.  I still remember that incredible long pass he made to the Argos receiver, hitting him in full stride for the TD in the Grey Cup game.  Nichols, and several other Qbs in the league would never be able to pull that off.

But I do think at full strength Nichols will have enough weapons and support that he won't have to be Ray. That's when we'll get hot

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

But I do think at full strength Nichols will have enough weapons and support that he won't have to be Ray. That's when we'll get hot

Once Hardrick and Dressler are back, our starting offensive roster will be at full strength, and the Bombers were not playing well even then. Injuries are a poor excuse unless the starting QB goes down.

Isn't it human nature to release your emotions at sporting events? When the team is doing well, you're happy, you cheer, when the team does poorly what are you supposed to do? Detach your emotions from the team and not care?

Of course I just sit there observing no matter what is happening, but for you full-humans out there, cheering and jeering is a two-way street. Perhaps now as his performances have worsened, Nichols will learn this. For those of you who are against booing that's your prerogative, now don't try to take away someone else's freedom of expression.

Edited by Spock

14 minutes ago, Spock said:

Isn't it human nature to release your emotions at sporting events? When the team is doing well, you're happy, you cheer, when the team does poorly what are you supposed to do? Detach your emotions from the team and not care?

Of course I just sit there observing no matter what is happening, but for you full-humans out there, cheering and jeering is a two-way street. Perhaps now as his performances have worsened, Nichols will learn this. For those of you who are against booing that's your prerogative, now don't try to take away someone else's freedom of expression.

But aren’t you’re unable to display emotion? 🖖

50 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Once Hardrick and Dressler are back, our starting offensive roster will be at full strength, and the Bombers were not playing well even then. Injuries are a poor excuse unless the starting QB goes down.

We weren't being touted as one of the best offenses at the start of the year? People forget pretty fast around here

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

We weren't being touted as one of the best offenses at the start of the year? People forget pretty fast around here

I remember hearing the words 'hottest offence in the league', I believe on Sportsnet, before we played Ottawa at home and thought 'this guy is looking at numbers only and hasn't actually watched a full Bomber game'

4 hours ago, Spock said:

Any chance you could convince Oshea to let you do a mind meld on Nichols to get his head right?

13 minutes ago, pigseye said:

BLM, Reilly, Harris, Masoli, Ray, Lulay....not sure who thought Nichols was top 3? 

Harris wasnt good overall last year, masoli just turned it around with june jones part way through last year, ray is made of glass and cant play enough to qualify for a ranking any more and same with lulay.

Going into the season a reasonable argument could be made for a 3rd spot behind BLM and Reilly. Its a different tier in that 3rd spot though. Its sub elite. Right now id probably give masoli the edge despite playing in a niche (max pro) offense and lacking TD production.

The real change is 1, nichols has gone from arguably the top of the 2nd tier to probably not in it at all anymore. And we now have some young guys barking at the heels of the 3rd tier of serviceable qbs threatening to put them out of work.  

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Harris wasnt good overall last year, masoli just turned it around with june jones part way through last year, ray is made of glass and cant play enough to qualify for a ranking any more and same with lulay.

Going into the season a reasonable argument could be made for a 3rd spot behind BLM and Reilly. Its a different tier in that 3rd spot though. Its sub elite. Right now id probably give masoli the edge despite playing in a niche (max pro) offense and lacking TD production.

The real change is 1, nichols has gone from arguably the top of the 2nd tier to probably not in it at all anymore. And we now have some young guys barking at the heels of the 3rd tier of serviceable qbs threatening to put them out of work.  

Masoli is basically Michael Bishop who can run.

Reilly, BLM, Harris are the only legit starting QB's in the league, and even Harris is pretty inconsistent.

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Masoli is basically Michael Bishop who can run.

Reilly, BLM, Harris are the only legit starting QB's in the league, and even Harris is pretty inconsistent.

I find harris to be pretty meh. But i agree on masoli. 

All of the second tier guys are far behind the top tier. Even in the top tier, I consider BLM a good bit behind mike reilly. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I find harris to be pretty meh. But i agree on masoli. 

All of the second tier guys are far behind the top tier. Even in the top tier, I consider BLM a good bit behind mike reilly. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Harris & Masoli are streaky but have a far higher ceiling than Nicholls ever did. 

21 hours ago, pigseye said:

Harris & Masoli are streaky but have a far higher ceiling than Nicholls ever did. 

I completely agree with this.   Masoli IMO seems to have massive horse shoes up his ar$e so many times he's running for his life only to dart a ball 25 yards down field to a receiver who makes a great grab.