Matt Nichols -BOO!!!!!!!

17 hours ago, Tracker said:

From 3downation:

"I recently spoke with someone who asked Nichols about that game approximately a year ago. Nichols told him that he (understandably) didn’t yet have full command of the Bombers’ playbook, saying that he mostly focused on knowing which route Nick Moore would be running prior to each play. "

That Nichols didn't know the Bomber playbook after a year and half does not speak well for his intelligence,

The way I understood this is that, about a year ago someone asked Nichols about his first game with the Bombers, and he replied that he didn't know the full playbook etc. A bit unclear but it looks like it was all about his first game as a Bomber, where we won a Banjo bowl.

I think the implication is he did much better winging it than he did with planning.

20 hours ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

One persons perspective can be so messed up when you compare it to facts. Even though they are now on a 4 game winning streak and sitting in 2nd place all by themselves.  You say that Sask sucks???? Yet SK hammered Calgary. Then they went into BC Place and beat the Lions. Both of which the Bombers could not do. Then  they won this back to back series. They are sitting at 7-4 with a game in hand this coming weekend. So with all that being said. I would suggest the reason why the Bombers are getting beat by SK and Ottawa is they are simply better. 

This was just a case of the Riders peaking and the Bombers slumping so yes the Riders still suck. 

2 hours ago, do or die said:

Hopefully people will not spontaneously combust......when MOS starts Nichols against Montreal.

O'Shea's past record would indicate that he will want to live or die with Nichols , but we do not know what, if any, direction he is being given from above.

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Hopefully people will not spontaneously combust......when MOS starts Nichols against Montreal.

They certainly will especially if we're treated to some more Matty ball where he hits the opposition receivers more than the ones in bluengold...O'Shea better duck

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

They certainly will especially if we're treated to some more Matty ball where he hits the opposition receivers more than the ones in bluengold...O'Shea better duck

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

If the Bombers' next game was at home, he would probably be loath to start Nichols again, but in Montreal, far away from the suddenly hostile Bomber fans, O'Shea will feel far safer to start Nichols.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

From O'Shea's comments after the game, it would seem probable that Nichols will start next game.

That's not a bad thing either....

A) it's mtl - usually a good team to build confidence.

b)once you change your starter... the OG one is usually done- you are rarely ever going to get the most out of him. It would be best for us to do our due diligence and make sure that Matt is in fact done and it is nothing that can be worked through. 

If he fails after a bye week and an easier opponent, then that due diligence 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

He is going to get booed hard.

That's what I'm thinking may happen. For that reason, I wonder if they'll opt to introduce Special Teams or the D again?

I'm not sure if anyone, beyond of few of us, pays attention to who gets introduced prior to the game? 

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

That's what I'm thinking may happen. For that reason, I wonder if they'll opt to introduce Special Teams or the D again?

I'm not sure if anyone, beyond of few of us, pays attention to who gets introduced prior to the game? 

Two games ago the Special teams were introduced. We commented but other fans nearby said they had seen that before, a long time ago. 

41 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

That's not a bad thing either....

A) it's mtl - usually a good team to build confidence.

b)once you change your starter... the OG one is usually done- you are rarely ever going to get the most out of him. It would be best for us to do our due diligence and make sure that Matt is in fact done and it is nothing that can be worked through. 

If he fails after a bye week and an easier opponent, then that due diligence 

Why would you want to prove that your starting QB can beat the worst team in the league...?

These are all actually reasons to start Streveler...  you could argue that the Calgary game was the due diligence - then LDC and Banjo Bowl were proof beyond proof that he's done.

Just now, Rod Black said:

Two games ago the Special teams were introduced. We commented but other fans nearby said they had seen that before, a long time ago. 

I commented too. No one around me could remember the last time it happened. I was happy they did but seemed like a one-off. 

24 minutes ago, JCon said:

I commented too. No one around me could remember the last time it happened. I was happy they did but seemed like a one-off. 

I've believe it happened because of their exceptionable play the week before. Saying that, I've never seen it happen. And honestly hope I never see it again. One of my favorite things about live football, is hearing the crowd get amped up when the last (usually a star) player is introduced and the place goes wild. That just didn't happen when they did the ST. It was such a let down...which then was followed by a let down of a game.

21 hours ago, BBlink said:

Toronto was good enough last year to win the Grey Cup.  Now look at them.  Proof that being hot at the right time is the only thing that matters.

Toronto has had quite a few changes since last season, not the least of which is the loss of Ray for the entire season.  A Ray-lead team would have 6 wins at this point.

16 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Toronto has had quite a few changes since last season, not the least of which is the loss of Ray for the entire season.  A Ray-lead team would have 6 wins at this point.

True but they were a 9 and 9 team in an extremely weak conference. Nothing special but got hot at the right time. 

22 minutes ago, BBlink said:

True but they were a 9 and 9 team in an extremely weak conference. Nothing special but got hot at the right time. 

And they got to play Saskatchewan at home in the East Final. That's a gift. Everything worked out for them. Once they got to the big game, they did well enough to win in some dodgy weather conditions.